Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Glock 48 MOS build. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey!!! It's been a while....Since Glock has done something really different. Gen5? Single stack? MOS without adapter plates? All in one pistol??? Time to suck it up and buy a gun under the new FUBAR laws.
So I went and bought a Glock 48 MOS. Anybody else get one of these yet? Unlike other double stack MOS models, that come with adapter plates to fit all the different red dot footprints, the single stack Glocks come with the slide milled for Trijicon RMScc foot print. No adapter plates! There are at least 6 other companies that are making their micro red dots with the RMRc footprint. The advantage to this over adapter plates is two things. The sight sits lower and you can co-witness the stock sights through the RMS in stead of having to use suppressor sights. Second it's another set of screws that can sheer and fail, eliminated. I ordered up a Swampfox Sentinel red dot to mount on it, because it's half the price of a Trijicon, has a glass lens, Night Vision compatible and water proof! Sounds too good to be true. We'll see.
I also ordered up a Ghost Edge connector, and Zev Trigger, because I've never met a Glock trigger I liked. I also ordered up some red pins and slide release to match the trigger for the bling factor.
The stock trigger wasn't horrible by Glock standards. A little more than 6 lbs and spongy. The first picture is before i took it apart, and you can see the trigger scale.
The second picture is with the after market parts and the sight installed. The trigger pull is now just under 5 lbs, as seen in the second picture. The trigger is much smoother and predictable. GTG. The sight looks great.
Next step is to shoot it. See how it patterns with different ammo, and try and break the sight ;-)

I'll report back after some range time.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, cool. I didn't know that Glock was selling an optics-ready G48. Add some Shield magazines, and you're ready to rock!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm waiting for the next batch of Shield magazines. they're all sold out, and going for about $79 on GB. But yes, a must have for this rig going forward.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]