Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 A Small Primer On Mosin Rifles 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
genin88 wrote:
The thread is still alive, some of us still spend some time in the Mosin world (mostly Mauser world for me lol). I'm in the process of restoring a Remington M1891 that was built in 1917. The metal is in great shape, the bolt is a complete Westinghouse (all WH parts) and the stock is well, done, as it was sporterized then caught in a fire (no metal damage just back end of the buttstock).

So I am searching for a M91 stock set with no luck, but for now I'll more than likely put the M91 in a M91/30 stock set (so I can shoot it until I find the correct stock) and give it some range time. Also just need a M91/59 to finish out the Mosin Collection (no Finnish here) for now.

Cheers!

Scot

These guys have 91/30 stocks, also there are always some on ebay too.

I have an ugly wartime 91/30 that i need a stock for too. Not sure what i'm going to do with it, i'm almost tempted to put a psop on it(like a lot of the modern DMR mosins in places like syria).

Yeah I can locate one online from a few different places, but the shipping puts a hurt on the cost. I'd rather pick up one locally to keep the cost low. I'm in no rush, I can always swap with one of my M91/30s in the mean time to take it to the range but I'm not at that point yet. Half the fun is the search for that specific item!

P.S. M91 stocks on eBay are upwards of $350 for the original stock, which is not really practical.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:10 pm

Is there much of a market for Mosins these days? I am divesting myself of 99% of my guns and discovered a few of these in my stash. My favorite is a 1914 model with a 30 year old letter in the barrel from my old friend, Al Pickles. Also a 1937 model sporterized and a little carbine, probably a M44.

Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:50 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bobbity wrote:
Is there much of a market for Mosins these days? I am divesting myself of 99% of my guns and discovered a few of these in my stash. My favorite is a 1914 model with a 30 year old letter in the barrel from my old friend, Al Pickles. Also a 1937 model sporterized and a little carbine, probably a M44.

Yup. There aren't many of them being sold because they aren't being imported, but prices have gone up. Run of the mill Mosin 91/30s are maybe in the $300 range now, whereas they were $100 a few years back.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Bobbity wrote:

Yup. There aren't many of them being sold because they aren't being imported, but prices have gone up. Run of the mill Mosin 91/30s are maybe in the $300 range now, whereas they were $100 a few years back.

Local shop has a '39 izzy, all run of the mill basic post war refurb. $600.....

Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Bobbity wrote:

Local shop has a '39 izzy, all run of the mill basic post war refurb. $600.....

Ya, no thanks...that shop is dreaming of Gunbroker prices (a few around here still are). Just look at the local forums (various websites) and you can find them from $300 and up depending on model and condition (you might have to drive a distance though). But there's always some fool that does not do their research and will pay that price (and does not have a C&R).

Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some of these prices, I'm sitting on a gold mine. LoL

Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been looking for a couple to add to the stable, but these prices are insane...

Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10