Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:08 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Seller refused to sell me an LPK due to "Legal issues" 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was looking to buy an LPK for a sig p320. Found one, negotiated, and locked in a deal, then the seller refused to sell stating, "I see you are in WA, don't want to be that guy, but I don't want legal problems so I am going to pass." (Don't worry, this was on reddit and not among you fine folk <3 )

I asked him to clarify what laws we would be in violation of but he has yet to respond. I think he's a shmoe but wanted to post this here to see if I am missing something.....

P.S, the only thing I could think of was a potential contribution to an 80% that I would not bring up to compliance by the deadline, but I clarified that this LPK is for a registered, serialized, OEM P320 FCU.

Is this guy a dingus or am I the dingus? Plz let me know who is more dingus

Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:00 am

Guy is a sheep-idiot. Plenty like that around, even a few here unfortunately. Oh well

Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
Guy is a sheep-idiot. Plenty like that around, even a few here unfortunately. Oh well

Yep. Figured as much. Bummer cuz it was a solid price. Oh well. JSD is still cheaper.

Anyone here running a Patmos or JSD LPK on their P320s?
If so, any feedback?

Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feel free to ship it to me, or one of the other guys out of WA, and we can forward it

That being said, I bet the guy got a better offer and made up an excuse not to sell it to you

Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:34 pm

RocketScott wrote:
Feel free to ship it to me, or one of the other guys out of WA, and we can forward it

That being said, I bet the guy got a better offer and made up an excuse not to sell it to you

It's the fire control unit. It's the firearm portion of a SIG P320 so it would need to go to a dealer there, then to a dealer here. Might even be considered a straw purchase. Unless it's one of the aftermarket parts kits that are just a bag of parts.

Last edited by Unicorn on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:52 pm

How versed on the laws of Utah, New York, Alabama, and California are you? There are plenty of people IN Washington who don't know the laws, so it's kind of hard to expect people selling one part to know the laws of all 50 states, the terrortories, and DC.

Although since I'm presuming you mean the fire control unit, he'd have to ship it to a dealer who would be responsible for following the laws in the state so he wouldn't have anything to worry about. Unless you mean the ones like the Patriot Armory?

Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The way I read the OP, he was trying to buy the lower parts kit that populates the metal serialized frame, not trying to buy the serialized FCU frame itself.

Unicorn wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

It's the fire control unit. It's the firearm portion of a SIG P320 so it would need to go to a dealer there, then to a dealer here. Might even be considered a straw purchase. Unless it's one of the aftermarket parts kits that are just a bag of parts.

Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

User 1234 wrote:
The way I read the OP, he was trying to buy the lower parts kit that populates the metal serialized frame, not trying to buy the serialized FCU frame itself.

That's the way I read it too

Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

User 1234 wrote:

Well it'd sure be nice if people just said what they're actually talking about instead of making up an acronym and leaving the rest of us to guess what it is.
LPK for an AR makes sense - we all know what that is.

For a Sig 320? Hey OP, what exactly is the "lower parts kit" in your mind? The grip module? The parts that go in the fire control unit? Or the fire control unit itself?
If he's talking about the grip module, the other guy is wrong but it's understandable, since that looks like the "frame" of most handguns. If it's the fire control unit then the other guy was right, he can't ship it to you legally.

Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is the part of the OP that led me to conclude he was already in possession of the serialized OEM frame:

“…I clarified that this LPK is for a registered, serialized, OEM P320 FCU.“

Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is he citing the ghost gun bullshit?

Nothing in that weasel worded piece of crap legislation prohibits parts for existing registered guns/frames/lowers.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:51 pm

Yeah I read the OP as him already having the FCU, and this was just some small parts for it.

Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
Yeah I read the OP as him already having the FCU, and this was just some small parts for it.

It doesn't really matter what any of us think he meant, if he won't actually say. "I read it as xxxxx" just doesn't have much value here.

Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:06 pm

I mean I read the fuckin' words he himself typed. He says it's for a registered, serialized FCU he already has.

You know how to read too, right?

Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

If it was for the full serialized part, and had to go through a dealer in the OP /final buyers name it would not be a straw purchase... a straw purchase is I buy something in my name, then sell/trade/give it to you on the side. If it is getting legally re-registered to another buyer, it's just a sale.

Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next