Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:50 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 The mighty Anaconda 

Going to be making a return. Don't see the Royal Blue unfortunately but ill take a stainless in the 8" variety.

http://looserounds.com/2021/03/22/colt- ... 2021-info/

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was expecting to see a dick pic.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Colt Anaconda 6" is on my got to have list.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has CZ taken control of the company yet? And will that mean they will ditch the MIM parts?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MIM parts are certainly not the end of the world. Are they as strong as forged or machines parts? No, they are not.

Are they strong enough for use in a revolver? Yes, they are, unless you are a very, very prolific shooter. If you pump down range a number of shots that far exceeds the design lifetime, then you could see MIM failures (but the same could be said for machines parts). For the average shooter, MIM parts are fine

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:01 am

jukk0u wrote:
Has CZ taken control of the company yet? And will that mean they will ditch the MIM parts?

Not sure, but I bet this spells the end of the Dan Wesson revolvers and any hope of new 744V's. :crybaby:

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Schoolboy wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Not sure, but I bet this spells the end of the Dan Wesson revolvers and any hope of new 744V's. :crybaby:

Nah. The business concept of "we will make this one great thing and not overlap" is very 19th/20th century. People think Glock just makes one gun, nope. They poach sales of their existing guns all over the place just to get more overall market share.

The are LOTS of revolver nuts that would never ever own a new Colt but love DWs. Not millions, but thousands for sure. But there's a ton more pent up demand for snake guns, sure. I have little need for it, but I definitely want a 8" Anaconda.

My hope is all of this action/competition gets S&W off their ass to ditch the internal lock for their "enthusiast" guns (fine, keep it for the purse .38s and such) and not just sit back and pump out the same poorly-QCed wheelguns they have for a couple decades because no one offers a viable alternative.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I ordered an 8" one a year ago and it should finally be mine around the 27th! Will post pictures and thoughts.

Wed May 18, 2022 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The current American Rifleman just did a spread about snake guns. (don't know if you'll be able to see it but here's a link: https://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/nra/ar ... .php#/p/44

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed May 18, 2022 6:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Was expecting to see a dick pic.

Same lolol

Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:

I had one a few years ago. Pretty sure I traded it off for a rifle.

Wed May 18, 2022 8:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gasitman wrote:
BlDtyLry wrote:

I had one a few years ago. Pretty sure I traded it off for a rifle.

#metoo :doh1:

Sat May 21, 2022 8:22 am

Arisaka wrote:
MIM parts are certainly not the end of the world. Are they as strong as forged or machines parts? No, they are not.

Are they strong enough for use in a revolver? Yes, they are, unless you are a very, very prolific shooter. If you pump down range a number of shots that far exceeds the design lifetime, then you could see MIM failures (but the same could be said for machines parts). For the average shooter, MIM parts are fine

I hate that the industry went this way. My dream is to get rid of most of my guns and have only a few left that I really love and shoot a lot and the last forever. One in each caliber or something.

The entire gun is now considered a consumable part and the definition of "average shooter" involves a lot less use than I would like so my dream died. The WA penchant for bans and the reality that modern guns don't last means I need to have way more guns than my ideal.

ETA back on topic, a classic revolver should be one of those things you can shoot a lot and still pass down to your great great grand kids.

Mon May 23, 2022 9:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
My hope is all of this action/competition gets S&W off their ass to ditch the internal lock for their "enthusiast" guns (fine, keep it for the purse .38s and such) and not just sit back and pump out the same poorly-QCed wheelguns they have for a couple decades because no one offers a viable alternative.

Amen. Ditch the zit, S&W. I won't buy another with the lock and will only consider older models.

(The "purse .38s", essentially the little DAO snubs, are the current production revolvers that don't have locks.)

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Mon May 23, 2022 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No time to shoot, but I likey! Heavy but smooth double action pull, could be touch tighter on lock up, but not bad. Single action feels very nice.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]