Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Any suggestions for a .45acp Pistol that can be shouldered? 

hkcavalier wrote:
Like I posted in the other thread, just get a CMMG Banshee in .45ACP, especially if you're already familiar with AR controls.

SGM 26 round Glock mags are relatively cheap. There are some 40rnd drums out there, but I consider them range toys at best. I mean, the best one is made by ProMag...which is all you need to know.

I won't bother posting the build list for my AR45. I put it together last fall, and for sure some items have been discontinued or are eternally out of stock. I'd purchased a New Frontier lower back in 2019 and wanted to build it out. If I could do it all over again, I'd get the CMMG. I didn't really learn anything assembling the gun that I didn't already know from 5.56mm ARs.

Alright I've caved. I'm going to buy a 5" Banshee and swap out the handgaurd for an Aero 7" with a suppressor underneath it.
After doing tons of research and putting together a shopping list, and with the help of a friend who works at Aero Precision and could get me some sweet discounts, I was going to buy the Banshee BCG & Barrel, FM45 complete lower set, and the rest of the parts from aero. I would save about $450. But with the suppressor, optic, and taxes all added on it really isn't THAT much $ saved, so I'd rather spend a few extra hundred simply to get CMMG's great customer support. Thanks again for the suggestion, you were right XD

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good call! Now that my build is LRBHO I'm more happy with it, but it'll never kick as soft as the CMMG radial delayed blowback unless I get their BCG and barrel.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NotTheRealHickok45 wrote:
Alright I've caved. I'm going to buy a 5" Banshee and swap out the handgaurd for an Aero 7" with a suppressor underneath it.
After doing tons of research and putting together a shopping list, and with the help of a friend who works at Aero Precision and could get me some sweet discounts, I was going to buy the Banshee BCG & Barrel, FM45 complete lower set, and the rest of the parts from aero. I would save about $450. But with the suppressor, optic, and taxes all added on it really isn't THAT much $ saved, so I'd rather spend a few extra hundred simply to get CMMG's great customer support. Thanks again for the suggestion, you were right XD

Just in case you didn't know, our very own Cerakote King of Tacoma, Dreadi, of Black Hammer Arms fame is a CMMG dealer. And he's in Tacoma... :AR15firing:

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:26 pm

Isildur wrote:
NotTheRealHickok45 wrote:

Just in case you didn't know, our very own Cerakote King of Tacoma, Dreadi, of Black Hammer Arms fame is a CMMG dealer. And he's in Tacoma... :AR15firing:

I didn't know, thanks a bunch!

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:22 pm

+1 on the Recover. Never tried the 45 version but love my 9, and the price isn't terrible. Some reviewers said they found it uncomfortable to shoot, but I have no problems with it.

One thing I wish they would do is make the top rail piece fully wrap around the top of the slide instead of just connecting to one side. Doing this would make the red dot mount much less prone to movement. Not a huge issue, but i could see that part snagging on things if you aren't careful.

I would prefer a purpose-built PDW over it, but it's the most reliable option in that price point (assuming you already have the G21).

My next recommendation would have been an X01, but they don't make them in .45. Damn shame, looks like a great platform.
https://firecontrolunit.com/?product=ex ... rip-module

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2