Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Trailblazer Firearms PACK9 Rifle. SBR? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Folds to a length of fewer than 21"
Mag storage in stock. GLOCK compatible.

Looks like a cool truck and trail gun, but I think you'd need a tax stamp?

“We believe the years of work poured into the Pack9™ have resulted in a 9mm rifle at the intersection of design, innovation, performance, and survival.”

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/09/trailb ... the-pack9/

Looks like "the Pivot" mechanism doesn't really fold but rather the stock pivots beneath the recvr.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IMO, SUB-2000 is less fugly, more packable and lighter.

Last edited by surevaliance on Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:37 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

IIRC overall length is measured with the rifle in its longest possible configuration. Ie. adjustable stock at full extension or in this case weapon unfolded. Otherwise the aforementioned sub2k would have issues too.

Don’t think this qualifies as a SBR.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like the Sub2K, it looks like it's incapable of firing in the closed/folded position. If that's the case, no NFA BJ required.
(Not a lawyer and the above is just my hair brained opinion...)

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sparky D wrote:
Like the Sub2K, it looks like it's incapable of firing in the closed/folded position. If that's the case, no NFA BJ required.
(Not a lawyer and the above is just my hair brained opinion...)

It is not required that it be inoperable while it's folded. Think AK side- or under-folders, or Sig 556 rifles, BRN-180, Sig MCX, etc. Aside from what the AFT is trying to do as of late with braces and that weird-ass scoreboard, it's actually a pretty easy thing to determine whether or not something is an SBR. Does it have a shoulder stock? Barrel length under 16" OR maximum extended length of less than 26"? Need a stamp. Barrel length of 16" or more AND a maximum extended length of 26" or more? No stamp.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Neat gun.

I think PCCs as 'survival guns' is pretty stupid. What is the plausible scenario where they are the best choice? Where are all the articles and blogs about people stranded deep in the woods who survived b/c they hunted small game on their way back to civilization? They don't exist in the 21st century b/c people either a) use their phone, b) walk to a place/person with a phone, or c) get found by a search party (dead or alive). And if the grid goes down and all hell breaks loose, my guess is you're gonna want more firepower than what is essentially a Glock 9mm with a long barrel. If you can handle 9mm blowback recoil, you can handle 5.56 (or more).

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
Neat gun.

I think PCCs as 'survival guns' is pretty stupid. What is the plausible scenario where they are the best choice? Where are all the articles and blogs about people stranded deep in the woods who survived b/c they hunted small game on their way back to civilization? They don't exist in the 21st century b/c people either a) use their phone, b) walk to a place/person with a phone, or c) get found by a search party (dead or alive). And if the grid goes down and all hell breaks loose, my guess is you're gonna want more firepower than what is essentially a Glock 9mm with a long barrel. If you can handle 9mm blowback recoil, you can handle 5.56 (or more).

And on a volume-to-utility ration, I still like .22lr, or even 22 mag. It can take small to medium game, people included, with proper shot placement, it's extremely space-efficient, and honestly, I think it stands a good chance of being treated like currency in we end up in a Fallout-style apocolypse. The same shoebox that can store 1,000rds of 5.56 can store 10,000rds of rimfire. But yes. Big guns are better.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:
Neat gun.

And on a volume-to-utility ration, I still like .22lr, or even 22 mag. It can take small to medium game, people included, with proper shot placement, it's extremely space-efficient, and honestly, I think it stands a good chance of being treated like currency in we end up in a Fallout-style apocolypse. The same shoebox that can store 1,000rds of 5.56 can store 10,000rds of rimfire. But yes. Big guns are better.

I agree with both!

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PCCs are great where space/mobility/range are limited, and where concealability is a factor. But I still think they're underpowered, making a micro AK pistol or the like a better choice. Of course, compromises are made there, too, but I would much rather be shooting a comparably-weighted bullet at twice the speed out of the same sized platform.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
PCCs are great where space/mobility/range are limited, and where concealability is a factor. But I still think they're underpowered, making a micro AK pistol or the like a better choice. Of course, compromises are made there, too, but I would much rather be shooting a comparably-weighted bullet at twice the speed out of the same sized platform.

I agree. I put this guy in my trunk.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:15 am

Would a 5.56 or .300 BO or or 7.62x39 be more effective at stopping a threat? Sure. But is a 9mm also capable of stopping a threat (particularly the 2-legged variety)? Absolutely. Guns are always going to be a compromise - sometimes its size and form factor, other times its stopping power. The Pack9 seems like a decent balance of both.

They were smart to go full rifle instead of braced pistol, though I wouldn't mind seeing a more compact braced variant. Given the legal hurdles braces have faced lately and will continue to face in the future, it was a wise choice on their part to design it to meet the definition of a rifle instead of a pistol.

Being able to throw a long gun and a sidearm that share mags into a normal backpack is a serious benefit IMO. This looks like it would be a great alternative to the KelTec Sub2000, especially the ability to have a static mounted optic. It's a brand new design, so bound to have some bugs to be worked out, but seems like a neat little rifle.

Price point will probably be the thing that makes or breaks this concept as much as reliability. I haven't seen anything online to indicate MSRP yet, so we shall see.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]