JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Pretty sure that a Stainless Deluxe.

I'm pretty sure the stainless deluxe is a Lispy's exclusive.

Anyway, I found a pic of the gun I had in mind: below, top

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Sorry. Was trying to help. Being right is important though. That is a sweet looking rifle though. I would definitely snag one if I ever saw it come up.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

I built one of those as well, I had to have the full set.....

Below:
Top: vintage Finger Groove Sporter
Middle: current model Deluxe Sporter (DSP) also with steel Kingston Armory receiver
Bottom: International Model

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT on Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought this Ruger standard pistol for $80 at a gun show, it was missing the bolt and had some broken parts and was in need of refinishing, so after getting all the parts I polished and reblued it. The pistol was made in 1966

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:mulletslayer:

Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:50 am
Profile WWW
FFL / Dealer

My most recent Ruger 22/45 mk4 the optic isn’t mounted yet but EGW mount is on the way.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought my SP101 new from Randy (Nitroguns) at a WAC show years ago, I gave it a trigger job that included new Wolff springs and trigger shims. Then added a Hogue grip....love this gun

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

'Muricans!

These are both Ruger American rifles. The tan one in the foreground is chambered in 300 Blackout. Do you think shooting suppressed Blackout is fun with an AR? Well, do you know what's twice as much fun? Shooting it with a bolt-action! Especially if you're a reloader . . . you can load without worrying about whether it will cycle the action, so you can use weird powders like Trail Boss and Titegroup to get VERY quiet loads. Super cool gun. This one has an aftermarket bolt handle which is a little bigger and easier to manipulate. Unfortunately this gun is an early model and uses a small proprietary mag, not an AR-15 magazine.

The green rifle in the background is chambered in .223, and it's one of my two prairie dog rifles. The original trigger was pretty good, but I put a Timney trigger in it which is even better. This one uses AR mags, so I generally shoot it out in the field with 30-round mags. It's fairly accurate, but not as dead-nuts as my other prairie dog gun, so this one usually assumes the backup role.

Both of these have Vortex Viper 6.5-20x scopes.

Good rifles. And GREAT rifles for the price. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

how does the powder type affect sound?

Are you modulating the max pressure somehow?

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Null wrote:
how does the powder type affect sound?

Are you modulating the max pressure somehow?

I ain't smart enough to rite about the science.

What I b'lieve is that the faster-burning powders (like Titegroup and Trail Boss) blow their wads early in the firing process, while the bullet is still well back in the barrel . . . as opposed to older, more experienced powders that can make the fireworks last longer.

So with no noise coming out of the action (bolt-action), and less coming out of the muzzle, it's significantly quieter. There really is a big difference. With my Titegroup or Trail Boss loads, and a suppressor, the gun sounds a lot like a pellet gun. And, that's using 110 or 150 grain bullets, no need for the big fat bullets.

Not-so-fine-fine-print: Loading rifle rounds with powders like Titegroup can get dangerous very quickly. Put too much in, and kaboom. So, know what you are doing and proceed with caution, please.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don’t have many Rugers, the ones I do have are mostly my sons rifles. He has 10/22 and a American .243 suppressed :) the suppressor on a .243 is down right awesome and it helps him so much with recoil and sound. He’s now shooting out to 200 yards with it. Not bad for being 9 years old.

Just remembered. We also have a American .308.

This year on our deer hunt. He was about 5 seconds away from shooting his first buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dammit! now I have another gun on my want list.....for a long time I have wanted a vintage walnut stocked model 77....A super quiet bolt action in 300 blackout sounds wicked...

Here is another one of my Rugers

A New Bearcat Shopkeeper. I bought it from Cabelas for a very reasonable price. They had it listed and discounted as a used gun, even though it was new....the reason? They bought a bunch of them directly from Ruger at the SHOT show instead of from their usual supplier Davidsons....so it didn't come with Davidson's warrany....big deal it's a Ruger

Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just picked up my first Mark II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next