Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Ruger Appreciation Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gotta keep this thread going.....

next up

One of my Vaqueros, this one is my .357 old Vaquero, I traded it for a S&W 686 that was pretty loose and beat up that I paid $200 for. Anyway, it had a birds head grip frame (factory Ruger part) but I swapped it for a Qualite brass birds head frame that came with another Ruger I bought (still have the original one....guess I'll have to buy another Vaquero).
I then made some home made grips from teak wood and made a handles for a stainless dagger to match. I also bought some custom pins that are slotted (to resemble screws) and nitre blued them along with the base pin. Then I topped it off with a crescent ejector from a new Vaquero

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT on Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess I'll have to keep posting until others join in....

This is my Super Redhawk 44 Mag 7.5" barrel, bought it at a gun show for $660 NIB, it was part of an estate, a Ruger collector was attempting to buy every model of gun Ruger made, but sadly he passed away and a relative was liquidating the collection. Only modification was the Hogue grip, they actually make two grips for these revolvers, if you buy one, make sure you get the one with the "sorbathane" cushion on the back strap

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two very fine examples Casey!

I hate you. :)

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is the one and only Ruger that I’ve ever owned. Its a 10/22 Deluxe, was bought it 1987 IIRC. I have taught both of my children and a few others gun safety and marksmanship with it. Within the first month the trigger went gunnysack and the LGS in Montesano pulled out the garbage plastic trigger assembly (his words) and put in a much better metal trigger housing free of charge. It’s fired thousands of rounds and it hates Remington thunderbolts but loves Federal, American and CCI ammo.
I love this little rifle and will hand this down to my family when time comes that I cannot use it anymore or pass on.

Attachment:
2FCA67CA-92EE-477B-B55F-08B671182E89.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice rifle with some even better history, Jim. thumbsup

How's it work with that drum?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the big one full barrel suppressor

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Nice rifle with some even better history, Jim. thumbsup

How's it work with that drum?

Thanks Steve, all of my firearms has a history, some better than most. :bigsmile:

While the allure of having a large capacity drum magazine was appealing, I was lucky enough to be able to return it because it did not meet my satisfaction. It was a jam factory… icon_eek
I’ll stick to my 25 round hot lips. :wink05:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:

the big one full barrel suppressor

Very nice Chris!!!

Attachment:
998470C6-6C58-4B8F-9B5A-5862A8E51618.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chris doesn't mess around.... :bigsmile:

One of the nicest 10/22s you'll ever see. I called it the "Continental", I took a new take off International model stock, (checkered walnut) and added a steel Kingston Armory receiver and new 18.5" factory taper barrel, both were polished to 5000 grit and blued by me. The bolt was also polished to a high shine. The trigger guard is a black anodized aluminum unit from pike arms/tactical innovations.
The only thing that might make it prettier is if Turnbull would have color case hardened the receiver for me, they declined.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Y'know, when this thread first popped up I thought to myself, "Huh, I really don't have that many Rugers." But upon further reflection, well, yeah I've got a bunch. thumbsup

For tonight, let's talk about the pocket guns. First up is his and hers, LCP II .380:

Next is my LCR in 9mm, which I don't carry very often but I still think is a cool-ass gun:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought one of those LCRs for my daughter....I learned real quick you need to put a good crimp on any reloads going into that gun....the recoil is surprisingly stiff

This is the newest member to my Ruger collection, a PC-9, it is a newer model with the take-down feature.
I am very happy with this purchase. I bought it used from a member here. Great gun for a great price.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:bump2:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very Cool! :thumbsup2:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
Chris doesn't mess around.... :bigsmile:

One of the nicest 10/22s you'll ever see. I called it the "Continental", I took a new take off International model stock, (checkered walnut) and added a steel Kingston Armory receiver and new 18.5" factory taper barrel, both were polished to 5000 grit and blued by me. The bolt was also polished to a high shine. The trigger guard is a black anodized aluminum unit from pike arms/tactical innovations.
The only thing that might make it prettier is if Turnbull would have color case hardened the receiver for me, they declined.

That is nice.

Lipsey's had a couple of exclusive 10/22's with nice checkering; I always thought it had a classic western style (the one I had in mind; the one pictured below is not mine)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next