Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 FrontSight training 

Feel free to move if there's a better board for this.
Another checklist item for me, but I don't know when it'll happen. I've had some all-inclusive memberships to Front Sight for awhile but still not made it down for a course. Looking to plan a trip to also include my wife.
I found a bit of old chat about it here, but not much.
Looking for advice on planning. Anyone who's gone, what did you do and what did you wish you'd done differently? What did you take and use? Any piece of advice would be welcome.
Also, I have quite a few extra memberships from promotions. What would a good price be for selling or trading them?

Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

heres some info, sure others will chime in

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=94102

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had to reread that thread.

The Uplula was a godsend. Don’t get sidetracked watching/talking. If you’re not shooting, you better be reloading.

I also threw a handful of rounds in my carry side vest pocket. Made throwing the vest/coat ALOT easier.

Take a water container. We went in Sept. it was 45-50 in the AM warmed up to 80-85 in the afternoon.

Good Shoes. Sturdy, but wearable all day. Head cover of course.

Check you belt and holster setup. My hip was absolutely RAW by the end of my first 4 Day.

Prepare to unlearn everything you think you know and follow the instructors advice/direction. They were FANTASTIC.

I understand they are currently running about 75% of the usual live fire drills, due to ammo prices, and spending more time on dry-fire practice. Running about 450 rounds for the 4-Day Defensive Handgun. Compared to the 750 I went through.

If you’re taking a Glock, look into “Glock Finger”. I’d never heard of it, and found out by day three that there is a piece of your finger that kinda rides funny on that little safety dongle on the trigger. Hurts like a mother after a couple days.

We stay at the Best Western. Decent little sports bar/grill and has a decent free breakfast. Discount for Frontsight Members.
Lots of people will be staying there. Didn’t take long to get used to seeing 30 people open carrying at breakfast. LoL

It’ll be the most fun you’ve ever had with clothes on.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:58 am

Thanks guys

Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:40 pm

I've been several times. For your first time, the must haves are:

Your main firearm and, if possible, a similar backup in case your first decides to shit the bed. I will take my Glock 17 and 19, or my Wilson Combat Centurion Tactical and Brigadier Tactical.

All the mags you can. I usually have 6-8. Reloading on the range takes away from your learning.

An Uplula.

A good gunbelt.

Outside the waistband holster. Blade-Tech is FS's recommended brand, they work well and are economical.

A double mag pouch.

A dump pouch for extra or empty mags.

SPF 50 or higher sunblock.

Comfortable boots or shoes. You're going to be standing on gravel for 8-9 hours a day.

Clothing. This depends on when you go. I've been there in the fall and the spring when it has been under 40 in the morning, 80 in the afternoon and pouring rain and blasting wind the next day. Late spring and summer can be 100+++. Layer up and have clothes to protect you from the sun.

If you have any specific questions about your trip, feel from to message me. I'll be glad to detail my experiences for you.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]