Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:31 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 What, would you say, is the best AR15 money can build? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There isn't any one answer to this. LMT, LaRue, Geissele, KAC, etc., all make great uppers/lowers. And then you get into charging handles, furniture, buis, etc...
But if you could only have one AR 15, what parts would you use?

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Without serial numbers...................

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First: what purpose?

LMT enhanced super dooper bolt and carrier. Supposed to be the shizzle. Hell, let them build the whole gun. I really liked their modular barrel swapping upper system they used to offer.

But really, there are so many options available.

Krieger barrel?

Jp bolt?

The Geissele guns are really nice.

Coolest receiver set I've seen in a while is the Radian... 10 month lead time

I should have done this:

https://centurionarms.com/mk12-barrel/

but I'm waiting on a Criterion currently.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

LMT enhanced super dooper bolt and carrier. Supposed to be the shizzle. Hell, let them build the whole gun. I really liked their modular barrel swapping upper system they used to offer.

But really, there are so many options available.

Krieger barrel?

Jp bolt?

The Geissele guns are really nice.

Coolest receiver set I've seen in a while is the Radian... 10 month lead time

I should have done this:

https://centurionarms.com/mk12-barrel/

but I'm waiting on a Criterion currently.

The lack of a specified purpose is part of what I think makes the question of "if you could only have one" a fun discussion.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
The lack of a specified purpose is part of what I think makes the question of "if you could only have one" a fun discussion.

If you could only have one...

Then it's time to use more than one

Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I really, really had to cull down to one...

the pain...the PAIN!

Probably keep my Noveske. (and I'm an (old) COLT fan- boiee)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The thing is that you are asking for one gun, and ultimately the highest end makers, JP, Noveskie, and LaRue make guns of such tight tolerances that they aren't really appropriate for a duty or military patrol rifle since they aren't built for the ultimate end of reliability.

the other thing is that very few actually make their own parts entirely rather than out contract pieces like the bolt carrier, and lower, Like I know BCM and Gissele don't make their own parts in house.

So for top end military reliable AR15s that are built in house, I think you are left with Daniel Defense, LMT, KAC, and HK. I'd probably go with KAC, but I personally wouldn't pay my own money given other choices, but we are asking for "this is the only AR15 in your life" the absolute most you can buy that has the longest track record for high quality AR systems is KAC.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:38 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

For me it'd be close to what my SBR is now. I'd swap out my LMT BCG for an enhanced, swap my BCM enhanced lightweight barrel to a BFH, my Aimpoint T2 for a LPVO and my Magpul BUIS for Troy's with a Blitzkrieg front post.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:21 pm

For the money I'm plenty happy with my SA victor. If my crypto hits big, and budget isn't a real factor I'd probably snag a V7's upper/lower/and handguard. Pair that with a 14.5" Proof or Excalibur carbon barrel in 223 or 6arc and a rubber city BCG. As for the trigger and and stock, unknown as I'm not super thrilled with my triggertech diamond. I remember messing with the trigger display up at the skagit range and found one I liked but don't remember what it was.

Anyways top this off with some sort of silencer and either 1.5 acog or LPVO.

The goal, end up with something thats as light as possible.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:40 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

danoh wrote:
Without serial numbers...................

Word

:thumbsup2:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:18 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:

This is what I always say...

Fuck 223 or any variant of the 22 caliber.

What good is it? Cant hunt anything edible with it....

Build a 762 /39

My kids 762 AR eats commie ammo like its candy.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]