Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Canik firearms……. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember these being cheap guns for like $399 and now they are between $600-900?? icon_eek

I don’t see it, to me they are the Kia of the firearms world.

Plus when people sell them they don’t sell fast. Am I missing something? :popcorn:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 16, 2022 8:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The elite combat has some pretty significant upgrades. These prices are a bit high still.

Mon May 16, 2022 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
The elite combat has some pretty significant upgrades. These prices are a bit high still.

It looks like a Q5 Walther. And for that price I’d rather have the Walther minus the crappy grip.

Mon May 16, 2022 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gasitman wrote:
scrid2000 wrote:

It looks like a Q5 Walther. And for that price I’d rather have the Walther minus the crappy grip.
$6-650 is a better price, although it does look like those come with the vortex venom.

The trigger is pretty excellent on them. Yes, they're still a clone, but they're good.

Mon May 16, 2022 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gasitman wrote:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember these being cheap guns for like $399 and now they are between $600-900?? icon_eek

Plus when people sell them they don’t sell fast. Am I missing something? :popcorn:

Yes, you're missing the relatively minor price increase over the last few years, and the fact that these come with a Vortex Venom optic.

The $399 TP9SFx you're probably thinking of was around $700 if you got it with the Vortex included, or $399 without. And that was back before I1639 passed, which I remember because I bought one then. They've gone up in price a little, but not that much considering inflation and that these come with a threaded barrel now too.

Also, they have a solid reputation for being very accurate and having very good triggers (which are easily modified to be even better). So yeah, I'd say the price isn't unexpected.

Mon May 16, 2022 9:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
Gasitman wrote:

Yes, you're missing the relatively minor price increase over the last few years, and the fact that these come with a Vortex Venom optic.

The $399 TP9SFx you're probably thinking of was around $700 if you got it with the Vortex included, or $399 without. And that was back before I1639 passed, which I remember because I bought one then. They've gone up in price a little, but not that much considering inflation and that these come with a threaded barrel now too.

Also, they have a solid reputation for being very accurate and having very good triggers (which are easily modified to be even better). So yeah, I'd say the price isn't unexpected.

:plusone:

The Pistols produced before the trigger (mod) were outstanding. Best striker fired trigger on the market.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon May 16, 2022 10:46 pm

I was eyeing them a couple years ago, I liked the price and that they made a raceish gun. I had a hard time buying a Turkish gun that ultimately would only be a range gun. They seem to be pretty damn good though

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue May 17, 2022 1:15 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

They’re a lot like Hyundai or Kia. 20+ years ago they only sold entry level cars for cheap. Nobody trusted the brand so they were industry leaders with their 10 year 100k mile warranty. As brand trust grew so did the prices and model selection. These days they are selling cars almost comparably priced to new Hondas/Toyotas and have entry level luxury vehicles in their lineup.

I’d say with Canik, like Hyundai, their brand reputation justifies a price increase. I have a couple caniks that are extremely reliable and fun to shoot.

Tue May 17, 2022 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had a TP9SA that I think I paid around $300 for that held it's own up against guns like a VP9. Could make steel ring from 100 yards all stock.

Trigger was amazing as well. Solid heavy feeling gun.

Maybe the price went up because people got to pay their mortgages?

Tue May 17, 2022 4:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
Had a TP9SA that I think I paid around $300 for that held it's own up against guns like a VP9. Could make steel ring from 100 yards all stock.

Trigger was amazing as well. Solid heavy feeling gun.

Maybe the price went up because people got to pay their mortgages?

They didn't really go up in price much though, was my point. Look at the same models WITHOUT the red dot included, they're still in the $350-ish range. Most of you guys seem to be missing the fact that a Vortex Venom is included in the price of those in the OP.

Wed May 18, 2022 6:34 pm

Sinus211 wrote:
They’re a lot like Hyundai or Kia. 20+ years ago they only sold entry level cars for cheap. Nobody trusted the brand so they were industry leaders with their 10 year 100k mile warranty. As brand trust grew so did the prices and model selection. These days they are selling cars almost comparably priced to new Hondas/Toyotas and have entry level luxury vehicles in their lineup.

I’d say with Canik, like Hyundai, their brand reputation justifies a price increase. I have a couple caniks that are extremely reliable and fun to shoot.

I just went to work at a Korean dealer after 10 years at a Japanese brand. In the last two weeks we've probably done or ordered six engines. I know there were two tow-in's for catastrophic engine failure today alone. As I've said for years, what good is a warranty if your car's in the shop all time?

Wed May 18, 2022 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beretta Dave wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

I just went to work at a Korean dealer after 10 years at a Japanese brand. In the last two weeks we've probably done or ordered six engines. I know there were two tow-in's for catastrophic engine failure today alone. As I've said for years, what good is a warranty if your car's in the shop all time?

We unload Kia’s at the port and every ship are non starters or no starters that have to be towed off.

Wed May 18, 2022 8:18 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Gasitman wrote:
Beretta Dave wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

We unload Kia’s at the port and every ship are non starters or no starters that have to be towed off.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
Type 07 Class 2 NFA Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms
GLOCK Certified Armourer

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed May 18, 2022 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought this thread was about Canik Pistols? Both my SFX and SA ran right out of the box with no issues and have great triggers.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed May 18, 2022 11:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beretta Dave wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

That's what I say about Vortex. Their optics are a lot like the Kia brand - great warranty, flashy advertising, and looks good in the showroom. But I'd rather have something that doesn't need the warranty.

Canik pistols on the other hand are not a Kia equivalent (as long as you didn't pay for the Vortex to go with it). They work well and are very accurate right out of the box. Just buy the models that don't include an optic, and mount your own optic on it. I use RMR or Holosun.

Thu May 19, 2022 1:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next