Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 So what happens if an order arrives late? 

oldkim wrote:
Nothing is beyond crazy at this point.

As the gal was cutting the barrel off her AR. Little did she know that was truly a Federal crime. But as with so many things… she didn’t get in trouble did she.

I’m sure if someone confessed to receiving mags after June 30. They may become famous for all the wrong reasons.

Well this is what I'm trying to determine. My reading is that if you confess to receiving mags late you're in the clear. It's the seller who might face legal questions, not the buyer.

Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As an outsider, this thread is really hard to read. :thumbsdown:

Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

hkhnm wrote:
My reading is that if you confess to receiving mags late you're in the clear. It's the seller who might face legal questions, not the buyer.

Good grief, don’t even ponder that idea.

If you are truly concerned about this happening, just don’t order any mags at this point. Because it absolutely WILL happen to someone, and probably a lot of someones.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:50 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

MadPick wrote:
hkhnm wrote:
My reading is that if you confess to receiving mags late you're in the clear. It's the seller who might face legal questions, not the buyer.

If you are truly concerned about this happening, just don’t order any mags at this point. Because it absolutely WILL happen to someone, and probably a lot of someones.

I 100% agree Madpick....

There is way too much :bonghit: :bonghit: going on in this thread.

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:43 am

MadPick wrote:
hkhnm wrote:

Sorry, am I not being clear? I'm saying my reading of the law is that is not a problem. The buyers are in the clear as receipt and possession are not illegal. The sellers are probably in the clear as their action was legal at the time they took it, in June, though that's more ambiguous. The carrier is likely in the clear as they are ignorant of the content of the package that they deliver.

Everyone here is just defaulting to hiding their actions over something that is probably not illegal in the first place.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:26 am

Even if you’re not the one physically retrieving contraband from out of state, if you’re receiving it, you’re importing:

Quote:
(38) "Import" means to move, transport, or receive an item from a place outside the territorial limits of the state of Washington to a place inside the territorial limits of the state of Washington.

Note you don’t need to be the one moving, or transporting.

In any case, it’s futile to argue. Are 10 round 40 S&W magazines illegal if I can stuff 12-13 rounds of 9mm in them?

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:41 pm

LowLead wrote:
Even if you’re not the one physically retrieving contraband from out of state, if you’re receiving it, you’re importing:

Quote:
(38) "Import" means to move, transport, or receive an item from a place outside the territorial limits of the state of Washington to a place inside the territorial limits of the state of Washington.

Note you don’t need to be the one moving, or transporting.

In any case, it’s futile to argue. Are 10 round 40 S&W magazines illegal if I can stuff 12-13 rounds of 9mm in them?

Note that it has to be from outside WA. If the mag is already in WA by July 1 there's no import.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:12 pm

Most mail order companies send a tracking number so you can track the magazine order so I was able to track my order from USPS system to my front door. Places that use UPS or FedEx I order from also send me the tracking number as well. I do not see anything as wrong you have the receipt that shows you ordered the magazines before the 7/1 deadline. I am not an attorney and everyone posting should have ordered your magazines months ago now and the magazones should already be in your possession.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:15 pm

hkhnm wrote:
Well this is what I'm trying to determine.

hkhnm wrote:
If the mag is already in WA by July 1 there's no import.

Sounds like you've made your determination then. :patriot:

Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:53 pm

LowLead wrote:
hkhnm wrote:
Well this is what I'm trying to determine.

hkhnm wrote:
If the mag is already in WA by July 1 there's no import.

Sounds like you've made your determination then. :patriot:

Sorry that "note" comes off sounding harsh now that I read it again. Wasn't my intention

I guess I'm talking out loud to see what others think. I read it as putting all the liability on the seller and/or the importer.

So for mags arriving late you should actually be able to post an unboxing video on YouTube without fearing repercussions. Not that I plan to!

If it crossed the State border after July 1, but it was supposed to cross before, I have a tough time imagining that resulting in a conviction due to lack of intent to break the law, but who knows

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think you guys worry too much. If they were ordered before the new law goes into effect, and they arrive a day late?

Just be quiet, It's really that simple.

Nobody is going to kick your door in and ask when your mags were delivered, unless you robbed a 7/11 and molested an LGBTQ individual with a weapon that held more than 10 rds and got arrested.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:beatdeadhorse5:

more?

Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:32 am

usrifle wrote:
I think you guys worry too much. If they were ordered before the new law goes into effect, and they arrive a day late?

Nobody is going to kick your door in and ask when your mags were delivered, unless you robbed a 7/11 and molested an LGBTQ individual with a weapon that held more than 10 rds and got arrested.

Pretty much this. Open your package... and enjoy.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dumb thread is,, DUMB.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next