Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 United Parcel Service is terminating the accounts of gun.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took a Rifle to be shipped to the UPS Customer center in Tukwila last Thursday. They asked what was inside, i told them and provided an FFL.
Didn't bat an eye, it was delivered to it's new owner across the Country without issue yesterday.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:24 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Pablo wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:
dreadi wrote:
They just keep showing up here so whatever, Internet.

^^^^^^

Exactly.
All of my incoming shipments have arrived as normal.

Well I'm glad you guys weren't listed or impacted.

How long do you think there is before you will be effected? Do you think the larger guys alone will win the battle?

Listed Rainier no longer ships UPS.

https://www.rainierarms.com/shipping/
I think we won’t be, and Silencer Shop, among others, is still shipping UPS.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:
dreadi wrote:
They just keep showing up here so whatever, Internet.

^^^^^^

Exactly.
All of my incoming shipments have arrived as normal.

Well I'm glad you guys weren't listed or impacted.

How long do you think there is before you will be effected? Do you think the larger guys alone will win the battle?

Listed Rainier no longer ships UPS.

https://www.rainierarms.com/shipping/
I think we won’t be, and Silencer Shop, among others, is still shipping UPS.

That's a good thing.

They did target P80 and other 80% sellers for sure. Nothing about other devices in the quest to stifle freedom, part 417. At least looking at the list of sellers in the letter.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:27 am

I worked for Fedex for a time and we had a wall board up in the shop with the Slogan "What can brown do to you" and had a pictures of all the UPS trucks that had slammed into another vehicle or a UPS package on a doorstep with a huge bootprint on it. Fairly sure the UPS station had the same exact board with pictures of our screwups to motivate them. UPS drivers usually do a good job and most of them are like minded. That said them cutting off gun people only hurts the company. You got competition for the parcel delivery business like you would not believe. Top that off with high fuel costs right now you have less profits for carriers. UPS will feel the pinch when Amazon's truck fleet picks up more and they rely on third party carriers less.

Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Figure we should keep UPS news together....

CEO says TWO-THIRDS of ammunition deliveries have gone MISSING with UPS
https://www.theblaze.com/shows/the-glenn-beck-program/ceo-says-roughly-two-thirds-of-his-ammunition-deliveries-go-missing-with-ups?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

Quote:
Patrick Collins, CEO of TheGunFood.com, says he's "lost" thousands of dollars worth of ammunition. Why? Because customers’ orders don’t always seem to make it to their doors — especially when delivering with UPS. In fact, he says out of 18,000 rounds of ammunition shipped through UPS, only a third were actually delivered. That's a lot of ammo to go missing. So, where is it?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:28 am

Despite all the hand wringing and YouTube hysteria from SAF and TTAG, UPS policy regarding firearms does not prohibit legal firearm shipments.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/shipping-support/shipping-special-care-regulated-items/prohibited-items/firearms.page

Prohibited Firearms Shipments
UPS does not accept automatic weapons, including machine guns, for shipment, either domestically or internationally.

UPS does not accept firearms (including handguns) and firearm parts for shipment internationally.

UPS does not accept firearms (including handguns) and firearm parts for shipment domestically unless (1) such shipments are in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, including, without limitation, age restrictions; (2) such firearms, including any partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver (as defined by 27 CFR § 478.12) have been identified and bear a serial number in a manner that complies with federal law; and (3) such firearm parts within a package cannot be assembled to form a firearm.

Any item that meets the definition of a firearm (including firearm mufflers or silencers) or a “frame” or “receiver” under federal law (including any partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver as defined by 27 CFR § 478.12) must be identified and bear a serial number in satisfaction of the requirements for identifying such items under federal law, including 27 CFR § 478.92 and/or 27 CFR § 479.102, regardless of whether any such items are otherwise exempt from or not subject to identification requirements under applicable law. This prohibition applies even before the effective date of 27 CFR § 478.12.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

3584ELK wrote:
Despite all the hand wringing and YouTube hysteria from SAF and TTAG, UPS policy regarding firearms does not prohibit legal firearm shipments.

What if I have an 80% receiver, and I finish it (make it 100%), and then ship it without a serial number? That's a legal firearm, and UPS won't ship it. In fact, they won't even ship an 80% receiver.

Yes, their policy allows for 99.99% of the gun shipments out there, no doubt. However, their updated policy is clearly a strike against gun owners, without any law to justify it.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

https://www.theblaze.com/shows/the-glenn-beck-program/ceo-says-roughly-two-thirds-of-his-ammunition-deliveries-go-missing-with-ups?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

Quote:
Patrick Collins, CEO of TheGunFood.com, says he's "lost" thousands of dollars worth of ammunition. Why? Because customers’ orders don’t always seem to make it to their doors — especially when delivering with UPS. In fact, he says out of 18,000 rounds of ammunition shipped through UPS, only a third were actually delivered. That's a lot of ammo to go missing. So, where is it?

Thank you for mentioning this. I was going to mention it but the reports I’d heard were much more anecdotal.

I think there’s a definite reason for the sudden movement of legislation to ban “assault weapons”, too. Look at Sri Lanka, and Panama, and Argentina, and Madagascar, and Bangladesh, and Netherlands and now Germany. They don’t want folks to have certain items when excrement hits the oscillating wind device.

If you might need anything, best get on it. And don’t use UPS for the shipping. Buy local and in cash if you can.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:01 am

MadPick wrote:
3584ELK wrote:

What if I have an 80% receiver, and I finish it (make it 100%), and then ship it without a serial number? That's a legal firearm, and UPS won't ship it. In fact, they won't even ship an 80% receiver.

Yes, their policy allows for 99.99% of the gun shipments out there, no doubt. However, their updated policy is clearly a strike against gun owners, without any law to justify it.

We can theorize about whether an 80% receiver is a firearm or not, whether it is being shipped as part of a sale, or if you are shipping it to yourself. Point is- UPS policy does not prevent you from shipping your rifle, shotgun, or even handgun. Handguns have to go Next Day Air (company policy). As far as serial numbers go- do you think anyone ever gave a 2nd thought to shipping an un-serialized Mossberg Model 185D through UPS?

If someone feels the need to ship the above mentioned receiver without a serial number, who am I to stop you? Package the thing up and don't declare it. After all, if you are going to violate one UPS policy, why not 2 or 3?

Incidentally, has anyone tried FedEx? Good luck with that leftist bunch of losers!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

Quote:

Anyone here ever had an ammo shipment with UPS "disappear"?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:42 pm

usrifle wrote:

Anyone here ever had an ammo shipment with UPS "disappear"?

I have had 5 in the last month....ALL arrived on time.

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got an e-mail from tactical machining, they got f'd by xpo logistics, so i sent xpo a nasty e-mail saying i will tell my company and their customers/suppliers to avoid them

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
I just got an e-mail from tactical machining, they got f'd by xpo logistics, so i sent xpo a nasty e-mail saying i will tell my company and their customers/suppliers to avoid them

Who is xpo? What does that have to do with UPS? Or is xpo code for UPS....

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
shaggy wrote:

https://www.xpo.com/

XPO logistics, they are a huge shipping company. It's all part of the shipping crackdown

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
shaggy wrote:

Formerly known as Conway Freight.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next