Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Transferring standard cap mags out of state? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
Take the mag apart. Send your friend a plastic rectangular tube one day, and a spring with a few extra plastic parts another day. Neither can be used as a mag.

Hey didn’t Radar from MASH do that with a JEEP… lol

Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:14 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

oldkim wrote:
olydemon wrote:
Take the mag apart. Send your friend a plastic rectangular tube one day, and a spring with a few extra plastic parts another day. Neither can be used as a mag.

Not sure about MASH, but I once had to ship a gun for repair amd was told to take it apart and wrap each piece separate and write "Machine Parts" on the shipping labrl.

Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:02 pm
Profile WWW

jackass wrote:
Great info, it appears that if I list it on gunbroker to attempt to sell or actually sell it, I might be afoul of the law.

However, selling it to a WA FFL or transporting it out of state w/o selling is ok?

It's my property, right?

I wish they would clamp down on fetanyl and other illegal drugs now that the "hi cap" scourge is over.

If you list it for sale while in WA you're a criminal. If you ship it from within WA you're a criminal.

If you're on a trip out of WA, list it on some EE while out of the state, and ship it before you return (or on your next trip) you are golden. If it doesn't sell you can bring it back.

The law says "in this State" not "a resident of this State" so your physical location controls whether the law applies.

Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shipping it out of state from inside WA would be legal, you just can't receive any form of payment or promise of payment for doing so. That would be selling

The OP mentions selling in the first post, that may be where the confusion started

The term 'transfer' doesn't apply since that definition is used for firearms

Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

curiouscuz wrote:
after a thorough review of both versions of the two revised versions of RCW 9.41.010 does the statute, in the 18 times LARGE is mentioned, does the statute mention the word export out of WA nor the use of an FFL to do so!

the statute specifically states if a WA citizen takes a previously owned Large capacity mag out of state, the citizen may bring back the same item back into WA...

quote, "(14) "Import" means to move, transport, or receive an item from a place outside the territorial limits of the state of Washington to a place inside the territorial limits of the state of Washington. "Import" does not mean situations where an individual possesses a large capacity magazine when departing from, and returning to, Washington state, so long as the individual is returning to Washington in possession of the same large capacity magazine the individual transported out of state."

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.010

as previously stated...put it in a fedex box and ship it to your friend outside of WA state.

He's not asking about importing

He asked about exporting, which is only legal if certain metrics are met

Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
Are you disabled? If so Jay and his ilk can pound sand.

Do you have a cite for that claim? Is that in the new Law?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I still don't know why you all are making it so hard on yourselves?!?!?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
I still don't know why you all are making it so hard on yourselves?!?!?

Because their plan is working.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mail it to yourself out of state and then do what you need to out of state.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:24 pm

oldkim wrote:
olydemon wrote:

He sure did hah! Hawk and Trap had one of his packages x-rayed. Great idea if new world order takes over. At the same time it doesn't matter.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.375
Distributing, selling, offering for sale, or facilitating the sale, distribution, or transfer of a large capacity magazine online is an unfair or deceptive act or practice or unfair method of competition in the conduct of trade or commerce for purposes of the consumer protection act, chapter 19.86 RCW.

waiwaiwaittttt.... WHAT?!

The state is claiming that selling a 30rd mag online is an 'unfair or deceptive act' or 'unfair competition'?

How in the fuck??

So, even if you get the meat and potatoes struck down, they'll come back with the gravy and sue/fine people for 'deceptive trade practices'?

So, basically, they're banning interstate sales..

Sounds like an issue.... because that's the fed's domain.. NOT the state's.....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:

If it has legitimately come to that, then it's time to <REDACTED DUE TO COC VIOLATION> anyway..... Rights aren't something to be cut up into pieces and sent separately then smuggled across borders.

Quote:
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2