Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Sighting in Big Bore Revos 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shooting times discusses the different aspects of grip and recoil to bring you closer to the ten ring.

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial ... mpaign=8_3

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:23 am

Complete garbage.

Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
Complete garbage.

The post or the link? :popcorn:

Veering from that, you made a reference about the 10rd mag restrictions and handicapped people in another thread. Does that mean people who are classified as Handicapped are exempt from the new law?

Asking for a friend.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
Complete garbage.

Personally, I found it to have some good points and plan to try it tomorrow. I'm interested in why you find it garbage though. I'm not being confrontational, I'm truly interested.

Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
hartcreek wrote:
Complete garbage.

Veering from that, you made a reference about the 10rd mag restrictions and handicapped people in another thread. Does that mean people who are classified as Handicapped are exempt from the new law?

Asking for a friend.

:plusone:

Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think being handicapped has a free pass for more than 10rd mags, but i did ask the question again after his prior post.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=134441&p=1296834#p1296834

That would be good information to know for handicapped folks if true.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:39 pm

The physics equation is F=MA and then you also have For Every Action You Have an Equal and Opposite Reaction and then that drivel about inconsistant contact. Proper grip being taught to the shooter negates these inconsistancies. The linked article is drivel compared to what has been done by the likes of Hal Swigget.

Yes usrifle federal law trumps state law and the Adaptive Equipment clause of the ADA does this for persons of disability that can not make quick mag changes. I brought this up specifically with Jim Walsh and he stated that it was something that the legislature did not even discuss.

Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
The physics equation is F=MA and then you also have For Every Action You Have an Equal and Opposite Reaction and then that drivel about inconsistant contact. Proper grip being taught to the shooter negates these inconsistancies. The linked article is drivel compared to what has been done by the likes of Hal Swigget.

Yes usrifle federal law trumps state law and the Adaptive Equipment clause of the ADA does this for persons of disability that can not make quick mag changes. I brought this up specifically with Jim Walsh and he stated that it was something that the legislature did not even discuss.

So Federal Law states that even though a State Law has a restriction on Magazine capacity a disabled person has a free pass on the 10rd restriction in WA?
The State Law doesn't reflect that, but that's not surprising. Do you have a legal Federal cite for that beyond what Jim Walsh said?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:10 pm

usrifle There has not been a case yet as the Washington magazine ban is to new and us gimps already have enough standard capacity mags to not need one. If I had an effected firearm I would have already brought federal charges against the state but at present I do not have standing. Yes I can be that much of a PITA as I forced a Ranger District to follow the law or face charges.

Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]