Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 FNX .45 holster 

I have a FNX tacticool .45 with light and red dot. Need your guys opinion on a drop leg holster. What do you recommend? LGB.

Bishop: Excellency, fiddlesticks, my name's Fred and I'm a man, same as you.
Judge Smails: You're not a man, you're a bishop, for God's sakes.
Bishop: There is no God...

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:27 pm

Hello fellow tacticool FNX-45 owner! :)

Actually I was not as cool as to have a light installed on it, but wanted the Level-II retention device in drop-offset OWB for it to work as a sidearm to a carbine. FWIW I found this: https://www.daraholsters.com/Level-II/?sku=SKU-78

I was able to make it work with my Safariland QLS fork and drop offset receptor to be interchangeable with my other gun and it works like a charm! But it can come with its own drop-offset (AQLD) mount. Look around for light-bearing option from them : https://www.daraholsters.com/light-bear ... y-holster/ and they have full drop-offset packages including matching belts drop-offset mounts, leg strap and mag carriers... Maybe you'll like it - I certainly did :)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:38 pm

Forgot to add my impression of their retention system I was after.

It is extremely fast and it works great - as you grip the handle your thumb hits small lever on the body side of the holster releasing spring loaded plastic retention hood to rotate 90 deg forward to open. In my measurements it did not slow down my draw at all.

One caveat for FNX-45 Tacticool - to clear open retention hood it is relatively long vertical draw for a long threaded barrel to clear the open hood on the top before rotation. If you start rotating the gun after short vertical pull the tip of the barrel can hit the retention hood messing up the draw - or even knock the gun out of hand if the grip is weak. It takes some repetitions to create habitual smooth draw w/o hiccups. FWIW I've put the setup through some paces including full days shooting on the class lines w/o a single mishap.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I second the Dara Holster suggestion.

Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:06 am

Thanks guys.

Bishop: Excellency, fiddlesticks, my name's Fred and I'm a man, same as you.
Judge Smails: You're not a man, you're a bishop, for God's sakes.
Bishop: There is no God...

Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]