Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Final Ruling on Receivers to be Released Today 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"ATF has posted the following corrections to the Final Rule which appeared in the Federal Register on April 26, 2022. The Final Rule, with these corrections, is effective in two days, August 24, 2022. This set of updates provides technical corrections to the Final Rule."

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/08/atf-fr ... L_CAMPAIGN)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not pretending to be smart or anything close but all the gobbelygook was written so absolutely no one could understand it. Therefore the .feds can do whatever the fuck they want.

Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
I'm not pretending to be smart or anything close but all the gobbelygook was written so absolutely no one could understand it. Therefore the .feds can do whatever the fuck they want.

Quiet. I'm still reading the comments.

I'm waiting for someone to tell me what it means.

Not.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:31 am

Pablo wrote:

"Ghost gun scary. ATF no like. ATF make illegal. No need congress, ATF is the law."

Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkhnm wrote:
Pablo wrote:

"Ghost gun scary. ATF no like. ATF make illegal. No need congress, ATF is the law."

Nailed it!

Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...and "Ghost Gun" is whatever we say it is.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/24/federal ... enges.html

Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The big takeaway is that they changed the definition to clarify that the part that is the firearm is that part that houses the sear.

Interesting. Under their definitions for pistols, I think the slide would be the firearm on Glocks if not for the specific ruling that for glocks the frame is the grip.

This revision makes no sense though:
Quote:
For example, an AK-type firearm with a short stock (i.e., pistol grip) is a pistol variant of an AK-type rifle, an AR-type firearm with a short stock (i.e., pistol grip) is a pistol variant of an AR-type rifle, and a revolving cylinder shotgun is a shotgun variant of a revolver.

A pistol grip is a short stock now? That seems ominous.

Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
The big takeaway is that they changed the definition to clarify that the part that is the firearm is that part that houses the sear.

Interesting. Under their definitions for pistols, I think the slide would be the firearm on Glocks if not for the specific ruling that for glocks the frame is the grip.

This revision makes no sense though:
Quote:
For example, an AK-type firearm with a short stock (i.e., pistol grip) is a pistol variant of an AK-type rifle, an AR-type firearm with a short stock (i.e., pistol grip) is a pistol variant of an AR-type rifle, and a revolving cylinder shotgun is a shotgun variant of a revolver.

A pistol grip is a short stock now? That seems ominous.

That's just messed up

-----------------------

Now what about previously constructed firearms?

And again. Where is the clear pathway to legal serialization for the hobby builder?

Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

And again. Where is the clear pathway to legal serialization for the hobby builder?

Unless they changed something, nothing about the new regulation requires serialization for privately made firearms or impacts existing ones, except that FFLs are required to serialize firearms they receive that don't already have serials.
Washington straight up banned unserialized firearms made after 2019 beginning next March, but the federal regulations don't last I checked.

Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Unless they changed something, nothing about the new regulation requires serialization for privately made firearms or impacts existing ones, except that FFLs are required to serialize firearms they receive that don't already have serials.
Washington straight up banned unserialized firearms made after 2019 beginning next March, but the federal regulations don't last I checked.

Thanks.

Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So what's the hive mind think about the Texas ruling that came down that this is utter bull shit? And if this gets a good footing how many years will it be in the court system before text history and tradition are again confirmed by the supreme court and atf gets the pee pee slapped?

Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:21 am

Norman89 wrote:
So what's the hive mind think about the Texas ruling that came down that this is utter bull shit? And if this gets a good footing how many years will it be in the court system before text history and tradition are again confirmed by the supreme court and atf gets the pee pee slapped?

It needs to be not slapped, but rather chopped off, ground into sausage and force-fed right back to 'em. #ATFDelendaEst

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
Norman89 wrote:

It needs to be not slapped, but rather chopped off, ground into sausage and force-fed right back to 'em. #ATFDelendaEst

I absolutely agree, but I don't see it happening unfortunately. There is no holding toes to the fire for gov'mint, they have no reprocussion that I have seen in my lifetime

Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How do i report illegal 80% recievers being sold with tools and parts? Last time i was in lowes they had 80% 4 wind shotguns, and all the parts and tools to complete them

Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next