Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 What RDS do you have on your Sig P322? 

I know we have a few people on here with sigs new p322, but what red dot sight did you decide to run with? I'm kinda leaning towards the holosun 507K or C in green.

Last edited by Schoolboy on Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Subscribed...

Well, when I looked around all I saw was a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a '49 Mercury!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:26 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

The HS507C won't fit unless you have some kind of adapter; the HS507K is the footprint that you want. From what I've seen on YouTube, Sig recommends the HS507K based on their experience with the gun.

I'm a Holosun fanboi, but I had less-than-stellar experiences with the HS507K on my carry gun, so I decided to try something different with the P322. I bought three of these from Bereli:
https://www.bereli.com/riton-optics-3-t ... g-3tmprd2/, one for the P322 and two for the shelf....

I've only had the P322 to the range a couple of times with the red dot on it. So far so good, I'm happy with it. It doesn't let you control anything, it's just auto-everything including on and off; all you can do is zero it. But so far, no complaints from me and the price is right.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:57 am

MadPick, what issues did you have with the 507k?

Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Schoolboy wrote:
MadPick, what issues did you have with the 507k?

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=121042.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am running the RomeoZero and have had good luck so far.

Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:59 pm

Have a look at the Swampfox Sentinel (RMSc footprint).

I've got 2 Swampfox MRDS on guns right now (Liberty and a Justice), 800 rounds through one, 250 on the other, and I've beat the shit out of both.

They're solid in every way. One is on a gun I carry every day.

Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:29 pm

ViniVidivici wrote:
Have a look at the Swampfox Sentinel (RMSc footprint).

I've got 2 Swampfox MRDS on guns right now (Liberty and a Justice), 800 rounds through one, 250 on the other, and I've beat the shit out of both.

They're solid in every way. One is on a gun I carry every day.

They sure look like they have come a long way since I looked at them last, especially the sentinel.

Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:26 pm

Yeah, they've really upped their game last few years, those 3 models are WAY better than their first pistol RDS, the Kingslayer.

They actually do make very good optics overall (prisms, LPVOs, RDS, etc.), quite a few happy users out there.

Aaron Cowan put a Justice through the wringer, it's one of the pistol RDSs he tested, which is documented in the Sage Dynamics white paper, that did NOT fail, beating out some models from Vortex and Burris.

Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:58 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

MadPick wrote:
I'm a Holosun fanboi, but I had less-than-stellar experiences with the HS507K on my carry gun, so I decided to try something different with the P322. I bought three of these from Bereli:
https://www.bereli.com/riton-optics-3-t ... g-3tmprd2/, one for the P322 and two for the shelf....

I put one of the Riton red dots on my carry P365 about a month ago. It's working well with one exception: The auto-intensity absolutely kills the dot if I'm in a dark or mostly-dark room; the dot is so faint that sometimes I can't see it at all. Now on the plus side, I'm guessing that the dot stays very faint when it's under my shirt (99% of the time, of course), so hopefully it's not draining the battery much.

I'm not loving the inability to see the dot in dark situations, though.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
MadPick wrote:

I put one of the Riton red dots on my carry P365 about a month ago. It's working well with one exception: The auto-intensity absolutely kills the dot if I'm in a dark or mostly-dark room; the dot is so faint that sometimes I can't see it at all. Now on the plus side, I'm guessing that the dot stays very faint when it's under my shirt (99% of the time, of course), so hopefully it's not draining the battery much.

For the P322, not being able to see it in the dark would be fine. I wouldn't be excited about that on a carry gun though.

Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:13 pm

No, that would be a huge NO-GO for me.

Seems most folks do not like auto adjust, no matter the brand. The tech just has not been perfected, I guess.

Most of us just pick a setting and stick with it. 9/10 for me, yes, almost too bright for low light, but it's fine, especially when shooting with a light, or where there's a little ambient light.

I was following a habit of turning it down to 6 at dusk, then turning it back up to 9 when I walk out the door in the morning, but I gave that up, after finding that shooting at night with it up to 9 was doable.

Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:19 am

MadPick wrote:
MadPick wrote:

While that sounds like a PIA for a carry gun if you can manually adjust it, it still might be a great option for the p322.

ViniVidivici wrote:
No, that would be a huge NO-GO for me.

Seems most folks do not like auto adjust, no matter the brand. The tech just has not been perfected, I guess.

Most of us just pick a setting and stick with it. 9/10 for me, yes, almost too bright for low light, but it's fine, especially when shooting with a light, or where there's a little ambient light.

I was following a habit of turning it down to 6 at dusk, then turning it back up to 9 when I walk out the door in the morning, but I gave that up, after finding that shooting at night with it up to 9 was doable.

Let ls hope sagedynamics experience with the holosun scs becomes what we can expect from auto adjusting dots.

Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the Holosun 507K in green on mine and so far it has been great. That said, I only have around 400 rounds through it.

Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:36 pm

I shot pistol and rifle yesterday.

I ran the pistol at dot intensity 8, typical cloudy/overcast, from slow fire at 25 yards, to fast-as-I-can at multiples at 3. Was plenrty bright.

I think that'll be my preferred brightness, on all but the brightest days. 1,200 rounds between two optics, and still experimenting with the "sweet spot" for brightness.

Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]