Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 38  Next
 ATF's Final Rule On Pistol Braces 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Washington state has just died to me.

Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
Looks like when this passes, it will all be moot, as we will loose SBR rights along with all the others...

The "Haw Haw, I'm gettin' me a free tax stamp" crowd probably needs to learn to fight instead of cooperate.

No, I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I'm trying to get you to understand that simple compliance was never really an option, and hasn't been for decades. You are just the latest victims.

But you did generally dismiss those of us who refuse to go down that path. Some of you sneered. Some of you still are, glossing over our concerns with the details and wargaming the worst case scenarios, and especially NEVER taking ATF at their word.

"But the BATF SAID...." isn't worth three shits in a two shit bucket.

Yankee Marshall comes to mind.

Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Washington state has just died to me.

Well shit. Guess WaGuns will miss ya. At least there is always Facebook.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rivitman wrote:
A.O. wrote:
Looks like when this passes, it will all be moot, as we will loose SBR rights along with all the others...

The "Haw Haw, I'm gettin' me a free tax stamp" crowd probably needs to learn to fight instead of cooperate.

No, I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I'm trying to get you to understand that simple compliance was never really an option, and hasn't been for decades. You are just the latest victims.

But you did generally dismiss those of us who refuse to go down that path. Some of you sneered. Some of you still are, glossing over our concerns with the details and wargaming the worst case scenarios, and especially NEVER taking ATF at their word.

All I'm going to say is, compliance to avoid penalty isnt the same as compliance without resistance. You can't assume people who are complying are not also voting, donating, and writing their reps.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
Rivitman wrote:
A.O. wrote:

All I'm going to say is, compliance to avoid penalty isnt the same as compliance without resistance. You can't assume people who are complying are not also voting, donating, and writing their reps.

Not always, but often. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESHTQnDnngU&t=108s

Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I never listen to him. Blocked his channel years ago.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
NOW YOU DID IT...

Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
I never listen to him. Blocked his channel years ago.

He was going rush out to form one two or three braced pistols himself. Told us to stop whining.

I wonder who's going to be whining if we get an AWB?

Thinking ahead as purely an academic exercise, say an AWB is passed, then put on hold by a judge. I wonder what ATF does with the pending form 1's, OR, if they pulled the trigger fast and rejected them before the courts could put an injunction in place.......

Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All depends on if SBRs will be allowed at all in Wa. Looks like even pre-owned/approved would be banned. Honestly, if these new laws go through, WA is going to have a lot of new felons in plain sight. Short of a march on or "summer of love" in Olympia, I don't see how we ever get our rights back. I feel it's going to take a lot of ugly before anything changes.

NOW YOU DID IT...

Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sen. Kennedy moves to repeal Biden admin's pistol brace rule: 'Assault on the Second Amendment'
https://news.yahoo.com/sen-kennedy-move ... 13881.html

Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:06 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Unpopular opinion, and I’m a mod so apologies to the ownership for the loose opinion here.

Rick: shut up, you ran.

Compliers: shut up, you caved

Questioners: shut up, hold your ground

Fighters: shut up, don’t give them anything

This will (might) resolve itself. If it doesn’t then it’s just another brick in the wall, isn’t it? We’ll hopefully collectively know when it’s time to move. Until then, let’s all just be quiet about this but fight our battles through the EAOTD posts and continue to bombard our reps.

Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Unpopular opinion, and I’m a mod so apologies to the ownership for the loose opinion here.

This will (might) resolve itself. If it doesn’t then it’s just another brick in the wall, isn’t it? We’ll hopefully collectively know when it’s time to move. Until then, let’s all just be quiet about this but fight our battles through the EAOTD posts and continue to bombard our reps.

Well said, all of it. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi. Sinus’ boss here. I just want to chime in supporting his unpopular opinion as not only popular, but asking him to quit reading my diary. That shit is almost verbatim, except I have a few more names to the “you ran” line.

Sinus211 wrote:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem is that your list just going to be getting longer now. The state is almost untenable for gun owners or the lower-middle class. Their goal is to drive out the competition, and it seems to be working every year. I've been fighting here since I turned 18. I'm 45 now and aside from the SBR win a while back, it seems like it's always been a downhill trip for our rights I never feel like we can win. Gets exhausting year after year makes me wonder what not having to fight would feel like. Quality of life is measured a lot of ways. Lots to think about.

NOW YOU DID IT...

Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
The problem is that your list just going to be getting longer now. The state is almost untenable for gun owners or the lower-middle class. Their goal is to drive out the competition, and it seems to be working every year. I've been fighting here since I turned 18. I'm 45 now and aside from the SBR win a while back, it seems like it's always been a downhill trip for our rights I never feel like we can win. Gets exhausting year after year makes me wonder what not having to fight would feel like. Quality of life is measured a lot of ways. Lots to think about.

I was 10 years old when the GCA of 1968 was passed. I listened to my WWII vet uncle rant about the evils of gun control during the proceedings leading up to that.

His analogy was that it would be a constant struggle for gun owners to ever overcome. He explained it as "throwing spaghetti at a wall...99.9% slides off and falls to the floor. But there is always the little bit that sticks. The anti gun crowd will keep on throwing...till eventually the wall is covered"

Even a 10 year old could understand that description.

I also remember his bumper sticker on his 1958 Chevy station wagon, "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"

Those days are fast approaching.

-- Travis A Kisner

Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 38  Next