Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Glock Model Info 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Glock quit making the G24 .40 SW model and the G17L is done via limited runs last time I heard. My current Glock lineup consists of the G17L, G17, G19, G26, all Gen 3, 9mm. I also have a G41 .45 ACP and a Gen 4 G20 10mm. Past models I had was a Gen 3 G32 .357 Sig (got stolen), a G43 9mm (traded for diffrent gun).
As many here know, the Gen 1 mags were not fully lined with metal to make them non drop free when loaded and the rear upper opening on the mags were a u notch. The Canadian Glock 19s have a slightly longer barrel to comply with their silly barrel length requirements and have a maple leaf engraved on the slides. Just for the sake of collecting, I'd like to have a G25 or G28 .380, but that probably won't happen lol.
I remember seeing the early .40 Glocks that were marked ".40 SW" then they just went with ".40" on the slides and the extractors on all Glocks were 90 deg and now they use what I believe is a 15 deg. extractor with a loaded chamber indicator function.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Snowboard_Dude wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Glock quit making the G24 .40 SW model and the G17L is done via limited runs last time I heard. My current Glock lineup consists of the G17L, G17, G19, G26, all Gen 3, 9mm. I also have a G41 .45 ACP and a Gen 4 G20 10mm. Past models I had was a Gen 3 G32 .357 Sig (got stolen), a G43 9mm (traded for diffrent gun).
As many here know, the Gen 1 mags were not fully lined with metal to make them non drop free when loaded and the rear upper opening on the mags were a u notch. The Canadian Glock 19s have a slightly longer barrel to comply with their silly barrel length requirements and have a maple leaf engraved on the slides. Just for the sake of collecting, I'd like to have a G25 or G28 .380, but that probably won't happen lol.
I remember seeing the early .40 Glocks that were marked ".40 SW" then they just went with ".40" on the slides and the extractors on all Glocks were 90 deg and now they use what I believe is a 15 deg. extractor with a loaded chamber indicator function.

I'd be shocked if Glock came out with another run of G24s. Even the more popular G35 is pretty hard to find. I had to build my own because I'm a contrarian.

Now that they're made in Georgia, there's no legal roadblock to Glock making G25s and G28s for the U.S. market.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That whole point system to import handguns is so idiotic and asinine. I know some Glock models are made here in the US, but are they going to actually make US made G25 and G28s for the US market? As far as I know, the G25 and 28 guns are only made in Austria for the time being. Could change though, who knows.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Snowboard_Dude wrote:
That whole point system to import handguns is so idiotic and asinine. I know some Glock models are made here in the US, but are they going to actually make US made G25 and G28s for the US market? As far as I know, the G25 and 28 guns are only made in Austria for the time being. Could change though, who knows.

No idea. Some Glock moves are pretty easy to predict (fewer .40 and .357 guns) but most are not.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3