Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1036 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 70  Next
 Garand Propaganda 

LOL!!!! Just as likely as any other conspiracy out there! That might suggest the assassin was an older serviceman. Have you traveled recently? :bigsmile: Large deposit in bank recently? :thumbsup2:

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmmm... yes and yes. And, no way I would be involved with something so stupid. Actions of worried people.

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert Heinlein

Resistance to tyranny is always justified.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:39 pm

A lot of worried people! We will probably never know how many dodged a bullet.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:36 pm

Saturday I took my 12 year old son out shooting and had him shoot a clip through the Garand. He handled it well, along with the M1A. We had a great day.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jerry Miculek tours CMP in Alabama

https://www.full30.com/watch/MDIzMjUz/8 ... n-on-earth

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:22 am

jukk0u wrote:

I would love to go to a CMP store some day. I imagine it is an amazing experience for gun guy.

Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:40 pm

My brother's wife bought him a Garand for Christmas. I am almost as excited as when I got my Garand.

Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is nice. Ex bought me a very nice Breda. Only saving grace.

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert Heinlein

Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:47 am

corpsman wrote:
That is nice. Ex bought me a very nice Breda. Only saving grace.

My sister-in-law is awful and this is her only saving grace in my eyes. Maybe she wont go to bad wife hell after all. icon_eek

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

M1D Garand give away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGsLbZM ... e=youtu.be

Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:42 pm

It is a beautiful rifle. It makes me want to replace the wood on my rifle.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bruce556 wrote:
It is a beautiful rifle. It makes me want to replace the wood on my rifle.

Maybe that Wood just needs to be refreshed. Dents can't be raised, gouges smoothed and finish restored without sanding,
I have done a few of them with good results.
:thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:57 pm

My rifle is late 1945 Springfield receiver and S-A-9-46 barrel. It has a very thick stock, not walnut. I don't love it. That being said I do not think it has any collector value. One night after my wife had gone to bed I stripped the metal parts off the stock and hand guards and ran them through the dish washer. It was not a bad stock to begin with, but all the dents raised up enough to not be noticeable after sanding.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bruce556 wrote:
My rifle is late 1945 Springfield receiver and S-A-9-46 barrel. It has a very thick stock, not walnut. I don't love it. That being said I do not think it has any collector value. One night after my wife had gone to bed I stripped the metal parts off the stock and hand guards and ran them through the dish washer. It was not a bad stock to begin with, but all the dents raised up enough to not be noticeable after sanding.

Well, i will say you did all you could in regards to dings and such, the Dishwasher does amazing things as long as you don't leave the stock in for the drying cycle.
Sounds like you need to find a nice Walnut stock set, they aren't that hard to find for a good price if you take your time on ebay.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:30 pm

The drying cycle was the steam that raised the dents. I have used an iron with a damp wash cloth to raise dents.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1036 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 70  Next