Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Re: What did you do today in the world of firearms?

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:23 pm

das_napeth wrote:Bought a Mosin M38 and sealed spam can for $200.

That's a clear COC #8 violation right there!! :cussing:

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:03 pm

Went shooting with some friends and family.
Noone turns down a chance at the . 50

Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:26 pm

Rix86 wrote:Went shooting with some friends and family.
Noone turns down a chance at the . 50

Indeed!!! :ROFLMAO:

Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:07 pm

MadPick wrote:

Can I make it up to you by bringing the original G43 to the shoot?

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:01 am

Got back last night from the Crossroads of the West Gun Show in Phoenix.....by far the biggest gun show I have ever been to. Makes WAC look like a bake sale.
I bought a few items

A pound of H335 for $40
A Serbian surplus AK mag for $8 (new, they had hundreds of them)
two boxes of Aguila .22 quiet ammo for $10 each
A bayonet for my M1903A3 for $20
Two hats, a Sig Saur and Colt for $2 each (new)
Two contract Mauser 98 rifles, just the bare action/barrel, no stock or bolt $10 each, had to dig through the pile to find a couple that weren't too rusty

there was no shortage of ammo or primers...just most of it was priced out of this world

If for no other reason, but to end the ammo/reloading components hoarding we need a Republican in the White House....

Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:39 am

das_napeth wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Can I make it up to you by bringing the original G43 to the shoot?

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Sighted in a AR-15 new upper and reviewed with kids proper use of rifle sling, ghost ring and peep sights.

Then we loaded up every mag in the place. Funny I have no 20 rd mags - 40, 30, 10 and 100 but no 20.

The 10 rounders are left overs from CA days but now I use them for prone practice and 223 hunting loadings.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:41 am

In the last few days I got registered for the SHOT Show....very excited for that, got a room in Vegas for $39 (which became $60+ after taxes and fees)

I also bought a bolt for the Winchester model 74 that I bought from Survivor last year, I assembled it, loaded two rounds and took it out in the back 40 to test fire it....it functioned perfectly. Now I am going to refinish it, you know....once I get time.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:03 am

TINCANBANDIT wrote:In the last few days I got registered for the SHOT Show....very excited for that, got a room in Vegas for $39 (which became $60+ after taxes and fees)

I also bought a bolt for the Winchester model 74 that I bought from Survivor last year, I assembled it, loaded two rounds and took it out in the back 40 to test fire it....it functioned perfectly. Now I am going to refinish it, you know....once I get time.

:ROFLMAO:
I was looking at that photo and
Thought “ I think I had one of those “.
I got that at the WAC show for $25.00. The bore is in excellent condition. But it did not have the bolt carrier group.
I bought one off eBay but it turned out to be the wrong one. So already having too many project guns.
I handed it over to Casey as he is the only person I know who can appreciate such a gun. And be willing to get it back to shooting condition.
:thumbsup2:

Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:24 pm

Watched my nieces unwrap their 1st jars of tanerite for christmas.

I oops'd thought and got them centerfire instead of rimfire jars..... Just their gonna have to choose between the ar and the m1.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:04 pm

Walmart had some Winchester AA, so I felt I just had to pick some up. :thumbsup2:

Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:23 pm

What did I do?
Well let's see I drove from south hill/graham area to Brad's guns for a meet up I had ammo for sale 1k of russian GT got there early as usual meet up was for 12. By 12:35 a no show so drove all the way home. Wasted gas and time.
Wish people would be courteous enough to text you when late or not coming. This person texted me when I was half way home and said he would be there in 10 min. Told him to late I'll sell it to someone else. By that time I was pissed off and won't sell him anything smdh.
What is it with some people?
All I got was excuses.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:47 pm

After the last round of 1911's that I sold, I started sorting out a few more to sell.
If you are interested in a 1911, pay attention to the Handguns For Sale section.... :bigsmile:

Just decided to thin the herd of some of the guns that haven't seen the light of day for years.

Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:58 pm

Went into the gun room to sort 1911's and then noticed a couple "custom projects" that were close to completion.

Today was really the first day that I had any interest in working on anything since my best friend and hunting partner of 35 years passed away on the 27th of November, 2021.

Well I got the following completed (none were far away from completion):

1) Heavily customized 10/22 that I traded for years ago. The guy had verified receipts for $1200....WTH.. :bigsmile:
2) Full custom Savage action/McGowen barrel .223 heavy gun for heavier bullets (68 to 77gr, maybe heavier)
3) Full custom Stiller/Benchmark 7mm WSM
4) A full custom build in 300 WM by my late friend. We have shot this gun before but I upgraded the scope. This thing pumps out a 212gr ELDX at 3250fps and punches holes at a 1/4 MOA at 500. It definitely shoots better than I do..... :bigsmile:

Of course they all, with the exception of the 10/22, got NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 scopes. The 10/22 got a Leupold VX-3 6.5-24-52 scope (one of 2 scoped guns that I shoot that doesn't have a NF scope)

Bottom line it felt great to finally be at peace working on these projects that my late friend had a hand in, except for the 10/22. Brought back a lot of memories and I needed to stop a couple of times and regroup but it was a healing experience.

Now up next will be 1911's and then other misc guns for sale. Clearing all of my Dealer Inventory out before the next big Estate Sale.... :thumbsup2:

Sorry for rambling on but today was a GOOD DAY for me!!

Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:37 pm

Nitro_Guns wrote:Of course they all, with the exception of the 10/22, got NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 scopes.

Of course.... :facepalm2:

Sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like you are keeping the torch lit, though. thumbsup
Post a reply