Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 544, 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550 ... 878  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Plus 5 that wouldn't fit the shell check.....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon May 07, 2018 10:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up my Smith 627 at the gunsmith on return from vacation. We recently replaced the MIM bobbed hammer with an Apex Evo IV hammer as well as installed the Apex Competition Firing Pin (for Federal primers) and also installed a Miculek spring kit with balanced mainspring and trigger return spring. Had some initial problems with mainspring set screw backing out during firing leading to some light primer strikes/misfires. A bit of blue loctite and voila, problem fixed.

Also recently picked up a DAA competition double belt rig with magnetic holster and magnetic moon clip holders. Took some dremel work to get the holster retention mechanism to accept the 627 trigger guard dimensions, everything working hunky dory now.

Looking forward to SCSA match at then end of the month.

Also have a Defensive Small Gun training course coming up with local training venue on May 19th. As a glutton for punishment, will take my Smith 642. Right after that have an advanced handgun training course that I'll take my 627.

Wed May 09, 2018 3:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Plus 5 that wouldn't fit the shell check.....

That banana bread might be good with a little smokeless powder sprinkled on top.

Wed May 09, 2018 4:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pre Op Delta Elite
New grip medallion installation.
Post Op

Wed May 09, 2018 3:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought a Holosun HS510c

Thu May 10, 2018 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Installed a Hera SFU on my Typhoon 12. Who needs an AOW or SBS when you can have this bad boy!! ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thu May 10, 2018 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Took the wife to shoot some steel at Renton Fish & Game this morning

!ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun May 13, 2018 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

got a new p365 for 445 otd

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sun May 13, 2018 8:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:

WHERE? HOW?

Mon May 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Ordered a bunch of Garand stuff from Dupage. 3 new birch stock sets, one surplus stock that came from Crane Navy Base, and 2 Garand parts kits.

Tue May 15, 2018 12:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Ops wrote:

WHERE? HOW?

aafes with 10% off mothers day

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue May 15, 2018 2:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Training day today.
Morning class on Defensive Small Gun. Taking my Smith 642 in pocket holster with a couple speed strips. Looking forward to getting some training time specifically with my EDC gun.

Afternoon class is an advanced course for review of draw and marksmanship fundamentals, improving rapid fire shooting, shooting on the move, and shooting on multiple targets at varying distances. Taking my Smith PC627 for that class and also using a new DAA holster rig (double belt) with magnetic Alpha-X holster and magnetic moon clip holders for the first time. Time to vet the new equipment and start getting used to running it.

Gonna be hot in South Central Tejas today, 92 degrees with high humidity. Gonna have to suck that up for the sake of burning powder :bigsmile:

Sat May 19, 2018 1:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Took a newbie out to the range. BIL from California. He is a conservative but never shot firearms before.
He shot 2x 38spl, 1x357 mag, 2x 9mm and a .45ACP.
He absolutely fell in love with the CZ75.

Mon May 21, 2018 6:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The girlfriend and I went to Paul Bunyan last night, as I had a couple rifles I needed to sight in.

Had an interesting experience. Apparently Paul Bunyan bans the open carry of firearms that are secured in a holster. My girlfriend had her Shield in a level 2 retention holster, and the RSO barred her path as she was heading to use the port-a-potty and forced her to disarm.

Claimed it was a safety issue. Because forcing someone to remove/unholster a firearm and remove the mag and clear it is so much safer... the RSO said if it was concealed it wouldn't have been an issue.

I'm pretty livid at the whole experience and am seriously reconsidering my membership there. I can't find anywhere in the by-laws or rules that state open carry is not allowed. I've been a member for almost 10 years and have never had this issue before.

Thu May 24, 2018 10:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

moktor wrote:
The girlfriend and I went to Paul Bunyan last night, as I had a couple rifles I needed to sight in.

Had an interesting experience. Apparently Paul Bunyan bans the open carry of firearms that are secured in a holster. My girlfriend had her Shield in a level 2 retention holster, and the RSO barred her path as she was heading to use the port-a-potty and forced her to disarm.

Claimed it was a safety issue. Because forcing someone to remove/unholster a firearm and remove the mag and clear it is so much safer... the RSO said if it was concealed it wouldn't have been an issue.

I'm pretty livid at the whole experience and am seriously reconsidering my membership there. I can't find anywhere in the by-laws or rules that state open carry is not allowed. I've been a member for almost 10 years and have never had this issue before.

This proscription of open carry seems to be the norm, or is at least common at rifle clubs. Get active in the board meetings of your club and push for a rules change, or just conceal carry.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu May 24, 2018 10:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 544, 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550 ... 878  Next