Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:17 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 879  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^^ Thanks Wajim :bigsmile: That provides some good food for thought, especially for movement in USPSA matches. Also mixing live fire with dry fire at the range is a great idea.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally had a bit of extra money come in so I went ahead and purchased Neconos Quickload software. Looking forward to running some simulations for 38 Short Colt to check out potential powders, bullet weights, and seating depth.

Actually one of the other shooters at local match is using 38 Short Colt in their Smith 627 as well. An eight round moonclip of 38 Short Colts drops in like butter compared to the frequent difficulties encountered seating 38 Specials.

So looking forward to getting this up and running after some experimentation.

Also picked up some 7mm bullets for reloading as well as some BoreTech cleaning supplies from Midway.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:15 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Talked to a guy at the range today....

He's very interested in IDPA....off to WCA TNPL in september for his maiden voyage.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got me a commie gun.

Yugo, by serial prefix a 1980 gun, near the end of their run. Classic Firearms VG Hand Select and it shows. Many of these late guns were made and stored away, I would not be surprised in the least if this one was never used before ending up here.

I paid way more than the dudes buying Chinese ones in the 1980s, but less than it's probably worth.

Stripper clips and an extended buttpad incoming. Need moar 7.62x39!

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Nuthin says assault weapon like a folding bayonet :thumbsup2:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought a 1911. Forgot to grab a mag to fill the space before taking pics.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
Got me a commie gun.

Yugo, by serial prefix a 1980 gun, near the end of their run. Classic Firearms VG Hand Select and it shows. Many of these late guns were made and stored away, I would not be surprised in the least if this one was never used before ending up here.

I paid way more than the dudes buying Chinese ones in the 1980s, but less than it's probably worth.

Link?

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:
Got me a commie gun.

Link?

Link to what?

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Putting the garage together finally after recent move. All the reloading gear still in boxes this morning. Put away tools in tool cabinet, power tools and other goods in job cabinet. Bolted main reloading bench to the garage wall, put up a couple shelves.

Tomorrow will unpack the boxes, setup the reloading presses, and mount the remaining shelves on the wall. That'll get me up and running next week for reloading.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got back from Day 1 of Appleseed, which was an incredibly sobering event. I'm so bummed out I don't even want to show up tomorrow.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:
Got me a commie gun.

Link?

Link to what?

Where I can get one of these!

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

NukeNJ wrote:
Just got back from Day 1 of Appleseed, which was an incredibly sobering event. I'm so bummed out I don't even want to show up tomorrow.

Haha . . . tell us more, please. I've never done it.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just returned from a quick function check of the new 1911.

icon_eek

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I had another great day with the awesome Adventure Protection team. :thumbsup2:

Eleven more ladies joined the ranks of those who are comfortable and proficient with handguns, and that is a win. Every. Single. Time.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
NukeNJ wrote:

Haha . . . tell us more, please. I've never done it.

I've been spoiled by 3 years of 100 yd or less bench rest and indoor off hand shooting, so lots of bad habits. I thought I had at least a competency to shoot rifles, but Appleseed was a real eye opener since my fundamentals were horrid (Natural Point of Aim and breathing specifically). When you're just faffing about at the range, you have plenty of time to sight in and get comfortable, AS does not give you that luxury. Since I can also make excuses for myself, my head wasn't 100% in the game, lot of shit going on with work and personally and yes, a poor craftsman blames his tool, but my insistence on using my dedicated .22 AR also caused some agita. It's a CMMG dedicated upper without a bolt catch/stop, so when it runs dry, the bolt catches on top of the follower, propping it open. Mags aren't drop-free as a result, so whereas other people with 10/22s or regular ARs could perform mag changes with one hand, I had use both hands to change mags and was constantly shifting my NPOA and had to make up for it.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 879  Next