Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:18 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 587, 588, 589, 590, 591, 592, 593 ... 881  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a Glenfield model 60 (Marlin) off my brother. Pretty cool little gun to teach my three boys on when they get old enough.ImageImage

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yesterday I finished a couple of restoration projects, then started another....

Today I ordered two 80% lowers and deprimed a bunch of dirty brass

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:06 pm
Profile WWW

Spent waaaayyyyy to much money at Cabelas . They had a couple nice C&R pistols at a fair price,

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up a GIBBZ Arms receiver set, and a new Fortis handguard came in the mail. Tonight, I build a true left-handed AR.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Picked up a GIBBZ Arms receiver set, and a new Fortis handguard came in the mail. Tonight, I build a true left-handed AR.

And it is beautiful setup.... :bigsmile:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought a nice 10/22 yesterday and looked for another toy today at a few shops but couldn't find anything I had to have. I got $500 left in my secret gun fund and cant find shit!

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I spent almost the entire day doing an inventory, updating a spreadsheet, and organizing physical files for my collection (aka 'arsenal', if by chance it shows up on the news)

The spreadsheet started out as a way to track AR builds, checking parts off as I bought them. I've added tabs for other things over the years but it's been hap-hazard. I also used to have a folder for each rifle but at some point just started stuffing everything into one that wasn't labeled. I also didn't have serial numbers recorded

Now everything has a physical folder and a tab in the spreadsheet with the serial number. ARs each have their own tab/folder because of all the different parts. Pistols went into another as did both of my 870 shotguns (that was a trip down memory lane, I bought the first one at Gart Sports. Had to google it to jog my mind). Also have a spare parts list, gear list, accessories list for things that don't go with any one firearm specifically

Next step is to take pictures of everything. Not that I really need to add it to the spreadsheet but I should figure out how to do that. It will make things easier down the road. I like to keep track of all this stuff for insurance purposes (and just to know what I have) but the main reason is to not leave my wife with a mess to clean up if something were to happen to me, especially with the NFA stuff

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:22 pm

L_O_G wrote:
Bought a nice 10/22 yesterday and looked for another toy today at a few shops but couldn't find anything I had to have. I got $500 left in my secret gun fund and cant find shit!

What are you interested in? #helpmehelpyou

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
What are you interested in? #helpmehelpyou

#whatapal

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dropped into Black Hammer Arms to pick up my newly cerakoted AR-10 barrel. Dana does great work, but I think you all knew that already. Shoutout to Mr. Q for the mule to Tacoma, too!

Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My VISM sight pusher tool arrived. For $40? Looks very sweet. Has it's own padded case.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

polished some more parts for bluing, assembled another 10/22 bolt

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:06 pm
Profile WWW

Went shooting with the YL. She tried out a handful of .380s and decided she likes the Kimber Micro. My preference was the SA 911 but, I’m not the one shopping for a pocket gun.

I also shot a G29...that was a nice hand beater. I think I still want one with a red dot for carry. The G29 experience got me understanding why the smiths think it’s a bad idea to build sub compact 10mm 1911 pistols. I still want to do it though.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

12/19 range report

Sig P938  9mm shot lousy.  Shot better with handloads and heavier bullets. Need to be hotter to cock hammer consistently. Probably should sell the fucker.  Hits paper but that's it. Gonna give it one more chance. Didn't even try the laser. Hey Dana, maybe the YL. should try this one. Probably shoot bettern me. I also have a .23 conversion kit for practice.

Colt .22 Targetsman.OK.  Needs a little fine tuning of sights and Ammo brand. Used CCI MINI MAG. Minute of snake @ 15 yards as is. I'm not worried about this piece at all.

Coonan 357 Semi was a let down. Hits about a foot high @ 7 yards.  Needs way taller front sight.  Major failure to feed issues with spare mags. Probably shouldn't leave mags loaded for 15 years.  Should get new mag springs.  Gonna give Dana a holler about regulating sights. This used to be a tack driver and probably my fave handgun.

GP100 357 OK.  New sight hits a little low and isn't too precise.  Lot of trouble with fucked up reloads.  Wouldn't fit in cylinder, or had high primers and wouldn't allow cylinder to rotate. Easy to fix.

Para Ordnance P10-45. First time out, first experience w/double stack mags. Outfukingstanding.  Shoots tight, but a little low.  Adjustable rear sight will fix that. Comfortable, natural pointer. Quick follow up shots, 11 as fast as you can fire.  Zero malfunctions. Absolutely flawless for 150 rounds.   On the fast track to becoming my new EDC.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Last edited by Traut on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 587, 588, 589, 590, 591, 592, 593 ... 881  Next