Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:46 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585, 586 ... 881  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the GSG 110 round drum, and it works better than the Ruger 25 round mags.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shooting at 660yrds ringing steel was awsome...

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to sound loan to pick a WASR10 from an online purchase and got a kick out of this sign on the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

THAT is good.

Got my Large Timberwolf frame, tried the LW 20L slide, works better than the stock frame. Awesome!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got my tlr1s and stuck it on my American

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Worked out a deal with a friend to help build him a custom left-hand AR. In exchange, he's paying for a fishing charter of my choice. I can't decide between steelhead or albacore. Either way, we both get to have fun. Build details to come in a new thread - I'm open to input from our resident southpaws!

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered a Taylor's and Company Smoke Wagon Deluxe in .357 mag. Thanks Red Dead Redemption.Image

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Went down to the range last night with my neighbor and his buddy some trigger time on some guns --- he's looking to buy his first hand gun.

My neighbor is a glock guy.... so he hands him a 22... then a 17.... then a 26.... then the ruger 44 --- not the best of ideas for the 44, but he kinda liked it. Then I handed him my 1911... 92... baby eagle..... for not knowing anything about guns, he instantly noticed the benefit of a single action hammer over a striker --- even tho all the glocks have had trigger work and are really pretty nice in my opinion. He was just all over the place with the glocks -- I gave him some dry fire runs telling him to watch the sights as he pulled the trigger -- he got it... but just didn't have the control to group anything. Did the same thing with the hammers and he was at least keeping the shots in the rings.

Driving home, he mentioned how he never realized how much skill it really takes to shoot well.... its not just a matter of muscle mass (he's young and in pretty good shape - more so than us old guys), but muscle control and mental calibration..... giving him that 44 early in the session was not the best of ideas - he had the downward flinch going after that --- hence the dry fire drill so he could see what he was doing unconsciously.

Good thing is he's hooked!!!! Gonna try and advise on choices for first gun -- gonna push him CZ75-92-PX4-old SWautos direction - maybe even a wheel gun so he can take it hiking.... I could tell he struggled with the striker guns and want to see him start out 'feeling good - building confidence' about his shooting rather than fighting a trigger. I wish I knew someone when I first started and knew absolutely nothing.... luckily my first gun was a 1911, so I figured it out pretty quickly.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up a Sig Romeo 5 and 10 p-mags from PSA for $200. Not a bad price for either. Can't decide if I want to put the Romeo on an AR I have to fish out of the drink, or on my soon to buy PC9.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cleaned up a 556/223 and a 223 Wilde (wife's AR in Husky colors, she's a Masters Alumi) Both haven't been cleaned in over a year's worth of use and performed flawlessly last time out.
Lots of carbon to clean on the bolts!

My youngest is coming home tomorrow from college for TG break, I asked him what he wants to do after I picked him up..."GUN RANGE".....good answer! I raised him right!

(Forgive me if this photo was a repost)

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up a couple more 80% lowers & a cheap jig for cheap.... if you look closely in the pic there is an outline of Nevada by the grip.... :wink05:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So this AM we had our carpets cleaned. Zero-Res. OK I guess, a couple places didn't clean up, others spotless.....so WTH does this have to do with guns??

Not much other than I went into seasonal depression cleaning mode, which included most of the parts storage and the entire SAFE. HOLY COW. I have stuff I didn't know I bought. But I just have too much ammo, (various left overs), magazines (various), various parts that just don't belong in the safe.........plus I fixed one on the lights, etc

Then I made my nearly stock Glock 20SF all the way back from all the stuff that I started with because the 20L is now TW long slide and TW large frame.

Unloaded all my Camp 9 magazines (why did I have around 10 full 9mm mags in the first place) - funny that sucker turned into an "assault weapon"..........

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trip to the range yesterday. Wife shot her PPQ, PPS, and our Browning Buck Mark at 7 yards. At great risk to my own life and limb, I offered to coach her with sight alignment :bigsmile: She was aiming low with the front sight post sitting too low in the rear sight notch. Also more than a bit of trigger slapping. Coached her to bring the front sight post up a bit higher and also on smooth and deliberate trigger squeeze rather than yanking the trigger through the break (along with associated disruption to sight alignment). Actually worked out pretty well.

I rented a Smith 5906 and had a ball practicing DA/SA trigger transitions along with general fun emptying magazines. Nice accurate gun and a lot of fun. Thinking to buy one in the Spring at bonus time as I see them on GunBroker all the time as police trade-ins. Will make a nice range toy.

Also did a fair amount of 15 yard slow fire, group shooting with my Smith 627. Recent training classes showing a big weakness in my 15 and 25 yard group sizes so planning to spend a fair amount of effort to rectify that problem.

Beautiful day nice and sunny with a high around 70 degrees. Really nice change after the long, crappy Texas summer followed by the recent rains and flooding. Mornings have been crisp and cold, afternoons sunny and warm. Sweet.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I built an upper in 5.45x39 for no reason, on a stripped M&P Sport I upper.

Plan is to eventually get a matching S&W marked lower Krylon'd in OD Green. Figures it fits Seattle well since the caliber is a hipster, commie round.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Putting the finishing touches on my 10/22 "Match Rifle".

Basically a "KIDD" Barreled Action only using the original 10/22 action. Barrel, 2-Stage Trigger, O/S pins, buffer, bolt, bolt handle, bolt springs, all KIDD.

Sitting on a Boyd's AT-One stock with some personal modifications to anchor the rear of the Action. Front of rifle will be "propped up" with a Sinclair F-Class 3rd Generation bipod.

First outing, just to begin conditioning the barrel, yielded numerous 5-shot bug-holes with first ammo tested. Still need to find the "perfect" ammo for this rifle. Goal is to be able to put single shots into a circle approximately 3/8" in diameter at 50 yards.

Would have pic's to show but right now the rifle is wrapped in rubber stretchy bands while bedding cures. Will take some Tuesday when it gets it's next outing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585, 586 ... 881  Next