Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 540, 541, 542, 543, 544, 545, 546 ... 878  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My double extra scary super assault gold plated sniper Uzi ghost gun weapons of war with 30 caliber magazine-clips capable of firing 30 rounds in half a second (JRA M14s) shipped today!

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
My double extra scary super assault gold plated sniper Uzi ghost gun weapons of war with 30 caliber magazine-clips capable of firing 30 rounds in half a second (JRA M14s) shipped today!

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Good on ya!!! Gotta have the right tools for the job, this one for instance:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:

Lulz. The dude twitching his hand around on that mini 14 at 0:11 Is hilarious. What a cheesy action scene that was.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:

Lulz. The dude twitching his hand around on that mini 14 at 0:11 Is hilarious. What a cheesy action scene that was.

Agreed!!! Arnie waves that barrel around like a firefighter hosing down a structure fire :ROFLMAO: More seriously though, congratulations on your new M14s, looks like a beauty. Enjoy!!!

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:

Agreed!!! Arnie waves that barrel around like a firefighter hosing down a structure fire [emoji23] More seriously though, congratulations on your new M14s, looks like a beauty. Enjoy!!!
Thanks. I will be posting pics and a bit of review once I get them im sure.

Jeff Cooper

cityslicker wrote:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fuck Ontrac...

I had a package from Ontrac supposed to be same day....

(Off topic)
I got a notification @ something like 1450 on a Friday IIRC 'could not locate address'...got promised a redelivery, didn't happen. Called and had them hold it at the facility..

Well, Sat morning I go to Ontrac in Kent...the 'mgr' tells me the guys name , and waddya know, the sign in/out sheet is right on the desk viewable to EVERYONE...and he signed out (to go do deliveries after he loaded) @ something like 1442...

I asked him how his employee 'couldn't find the address' when he was only 10 minutes away.... Unless he had some technology I didn't know about, no way you can make it to Puyallup from Kent in a couple mins....

Gets worse because the guy STILL had my pkg, so they have to call him and get him to bring it back...The dude never dropped off his undelivered packages the previous night...

He got there and I lit him up, he tried to say he went to my neighborhood but didn't find it, I showed him his signout sheet and asked him how he managed to drive 30 miles in rush hour traffic in 8 minutes, dude didn't have an answer.

Then he changed his story and said he looked it up but couldn't find it... I pulled out my phone, put my address in google and *poof* instant return...and showed it to him... again..no response....

So I ask him why, if he has my phone number, which is attached for situations just like this, why he didn't call.... no response....

Just a complete fuckup...

I told him... 'First, you lied to me, and now, you're telling me you're either lazy, or incompetent, which is it'?

*shrugs his shoulders*

I said 'You know what, I bet I was the only delivery you had that far south, it was Friday night, and you wanted to hang out with your friends, you figured you'd just cancel the delivery and deliver it the next day right? No one would notice, you didn't bring the packages back as undelivered, you'd just deliver them today, right?'

Dude said something along the lines of 'well, yeah, I was gonna deliver it right now!'..... So I said... 'But you just told me you couldn't find my house, where were you gonna deliver it to?

*crickets*

He just kept burying himself....

Manager said he'd handle it.... I hope by firing the guy...

I had one lady pull up in an older van, get out, and what looked like taking a picture of the house.. I went out right quick and confronted her....as she was walking back to her car.. 'I need proof of delivery' she says....I didn't know she had just delivered something, but there's my box in the walkway... no knock...not on my porch....just in my walkway...

UPS has a special place in my shitbox though... The company I was working for at the time had a $50K scientific instrument broken, even had video of the delivery guy dropping it and kicking it onto the loading dock, and UPS denied the claim saying it wasn't packaged properly because it was supposed to be able to handle more abuse than that.....and yes, they paid the $500 or whatever it was for insurance... UPS said they'd credit the insurance payment as a one time courtesy...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally got my Sig 365! Also got to 12 round mags for it.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Got trijicon night sights installed on my carry pistol. Also received a multi-pistol hard case for my pistols to make transporting to the range a lot easier.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:31 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Installed the Magpul x-22 backpacker stock on my Ruger takedown. Gun.deals had a link to them for $78 shipped from Brownells a couple weeks ago so I figured what the hell?

This thing is awesome! Not the prettiest thing ever but they nailed it in the function category. Incredibly compact, great fit, easy to install and the stock has a compartment that holds up to 3 extra 10rd mags. Also the buttstock compartment comes with 2 covers. 1 low for iron sights and one cheek riser cover that gives perfect eye alignment for use with an optic. Very impressive design from Magpul!

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Instead of 3 ten round mags, 3 50 round boxes.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:55 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

golddigger14s wrote:
Instead of 3 ten round mags, 3 50 round boxes.

Interesting, I'll have to see how that fits. Have you tried that?

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just for giggles, put a red dot on the mini - yup, still "less inaccurate" with iron sights. [sigh]

OTOH, afterwards, I played with the Heritage revolver. Damn, that's smooth!! Sucks to stop and reload every 6 shots, but man... First shot, one handed at 11yards hit 1/4" from dead center! Group wasn't anything special, but it's always fun to hit firstshot!

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh yeah, picked up s'more lowers today, too!

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wife and I took today off. We went to the range with our AR's and she out shot me in target shooting (ARs) :blackcloud1: :blackcloud1:

But I outshot her on the pistol range. :thumbsup2: :bigsmile:

Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:41 am

I feel accomplished put a 1911 and tec 9 on layaway

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 540, 541, 542, 543, 544, 545, 546 ... 878  Next