Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:13 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 9666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 631, 632, 633, 634, 635, 636, 637 ... 645  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Author Message
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Redmond
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 2589
WaJim wrote:
BHP with tangent sight and slotted frame acquired......

Shes a beauty.


Image


Purty gun there!! Very clean and original!

Here’s my Practical model BHP in .40, 1995 vintage

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:40 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Redmond
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 2589
I spent the morning at West Coast Armory with my mom and dad. My dad’s been aching for a subgun and picked up a B&T APC9 Pro. My mom picked out a Sig Legion 238. I got caught up in the buying frenzy and ordered a grey HK VP9.

And tonight, I might assemble my first AR lower. Been looking forward to this project for a bit!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:44 pm
Profile
Online
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: WA/MT
Joined: Wed Mar 6, 2013
Posts: 11962
WaJim wrote:
BHP with tangent sight and slotted frame acquired......

Shes a beauty.

Spoiler: show
Image

That's a fairly new manufacture pistol and it's slotted to take the Inglis type shouldering stock?

_________________
"I like causing trouble, but only if I'm aware of it. To think I created a problem by accident was disappointing." Traut
"If you wanna be close to the big town you’re gonna have to eat shit sammiches a lot." Dan360
"The greatest challenge that I faced was peeling back the layers of my own bias"
"There are violent crazy murderous people in our society! We need to give up all of our means of self-protection IMMEDIATELY!"


Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:35 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: UP Wa
Joined: Tue Oct 8, 2013
Posts: 10331
Real Name: George Bailey
PMB wrote:
WaJim wrote:
BHP with tangent sight and slotted frame acquired......

Shes a beauty.

Spoiler: show
Image

That's a fairly new manufacture pistol and it's slotted to take the Inglis type shouldering stock?



Yep....

45 yrs old

Did the serial search.

Built 1974

74C02XXX

_________________
"Remove one freedom per generation and soon you will have no freedom and no one would have noticed."......Carl Marx




Mike in Wa wrote:
Since Juk always takes D.

Hal O'Peridol wrote:
Too many seeds in my weed.


Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:38 pm
Profile
Online
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: WA/MT
Joined: Wed Mar 6, 2013
Posts: 11962
edogg wrote:
I spent the morning at West Coast Armory with my mom and dad. My dad’s been aching for a subgun and picked up a B&T APC9 Pro. My mom picked out a Sig Legion 238. I got caught up in the buying frenzy and ordered a grey HK VP9.

:bow: That sounds really excellent!

edogg wrote:
And tonight, I might assemble my first AR lower. Been looking forward to this project for a bit!

My sons and I are preparing for our first build party. Please share your experiences. :wagwoot:

_________________
"I like causing trouble, but only if I'm aware of it. To think I created a problem by accident was disappointing." Traut
"If you wanna be close to the big town you’re gonna have to eat shit sammiches a lot." Dan360
"The greatest challenge that I faced was peeling back the layers of my own bias"
"There are violent crazy murderous people in our society! We need to give up all of our means of self-protection IMMEDIATELY!"


Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:40 pm
Profile
Online
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: WA/MT
Joined: Wed Mar 6, 2013
Posts: 11962
WaJim wrote:
PMB wrote:
WaJim wrote:
BHP with tangent sight and slotted frame acquired......

Shes a beauty.

Spoiler: show
Image

That's a fairly new manufacture pistol and it's slotted to take the Inglis type shouldering stock?


Yep....

45 yrs old

Did the serial search.

Built 1974

74C02XXX

Was it slotted from the factory, or done later? Does the serial search tell that info ?
Sorry for the ignoramus questions... I didn't realize that the BHP was still being manufactured with the slots so far after WW2. I went through four BHP purchases before finding the first slotted.

_________________
"I like causing trouble, but only if I'm aware of it. To think I created a problem by accident was disappointing." Traut
"If you wanna be close to the big town you’re gonna have to eat shit sammiches a lot." Dan360
"The greatest challenge that I faced was peeling back the layers of my own bias"
"There are violent crazy murderous people in our society! We need to give up all of our means of self-protection IMMEDIATELY!"


Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:42 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: UP Wa
Joined: Tue Oct 8, 2013
Posts: 10331
Real Name: George Bailey
PMB wrote:
WaJim wrote:
PMB wrote:
WaJim wrote:
BHP with tangent sight and slotted frame acquired......

Shes a beauty.

Spoiler: show
Image

That's a fairly new manufacture pistol and it's slotted to take the Inglis type shouldering stock?


Yep....

45 yrs old

Did the serial search.

Built 1974

74C02XXX

Was it slotted from the factory, or done later? Does the serial search tell that info ?
Sorry for the ignoramus questions... I didn't realize that the BHP was still being manufactured with the slots so far after WW2. I went through four BHP purchases before finding the first slotted.



Done at the factory....this doesnt look like its even been fired.

I need to do more I Net searching but heres a similar pistol on 1911 Forum...

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=76139


This is how I dated it.............

https://www.browning.com/support/date-y ... istol.html

_________________
"Remove one freedom per generation and soon you will have no freedom and no one would have noticed."......Carl Marx




Mike in Wa wrote:
Since Juk always takes D.

Hal O'Peridol wrote:
Too many seeds in my weed.


Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Kitsap
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012
Posts: 545
Went out for a quick shoot, not trying hard but also not out to waste ammo. 550 yards, 30 out of 30. The purple marks previous hits.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:40 pm
Profile
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 37581
Real Name: Steve
^ That's some impressive shooting. thumbsup

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:42 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 10618
Real Name: John
I picked up a new Tool of Freedom, the self Loading kind. :wagwoot:

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

NRA RSO


Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Arlington wa
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011
Posts: 405
usrifle wrote:
I picked up a new Tool of Freedom, the self Loading kind. :wagwoot:


Oh you can give us more details than that, this isn't the day after prom.


Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Kitsap
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012
Posts: 545
MadPick wrote:
^ That's some impressive shooting. thumbsup


Thanks, not bad for plicking lol.
Be cool to do a long range shoot with other members, especially the ones that have more insight on long range shooting.


Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:45 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Everett
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013
Posts: 3368
Real Name: Ron
.
I went and shot some more groups of test loads today. Beautiful day at MRC! I'm really beginning to like this N140.

Image

Image


Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:44 pm
Profile
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 37581
Real Name: Steve
Nice shooting, Ron! Keep up the load development. :thumbsup2:

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:48 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Everett
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013
Posts: 3368
Real Name: Ron
MadPick wrote:
Nice shooting, Ron! Keep up the load development. :thumbsup2:

I hear you may have some load data for the N140? That stuff is really working well for my 77gr 223 and my 175gr 308. I wish I had data for the 90gr 224 Valkyrie with the VV N140.


Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 631, 632, 633, 634, 635, 636, 637 ... 645  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hkcavalier and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.650s | 15 Queries | GZIP : On ]