Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Re: Help me choose a new gun

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Please buy this.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=84663&p=839894#p839894

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:23 am

If you are thinking 30 cal how about a RFB a 308 bullpup for around $1400 have seen them cheaper on Armslist

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:28 am

LWRCI REPR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:50 am

LMT MWSE.

Or just get a Surgeon (or similar) action and some kind of cool chassis and make a bad ass bolt gun. There's a Big Horn rifle for sale on here.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:40 am

I vote for the SCAR. It's a sweeeeeet rifle.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:45 pm

How about a sub-compact SCAR?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... Newsletter

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:10 pm

jukk0u wrote:How about a sub-compact SCAR?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... Newsletter

Down at the bottom it says no US release is planned

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 pm

SCAR for $2700.00 ? Bleaghhh.

For that kind of money, you could buy an early collectable low serial number M1A National Match, with appropriate Gen 1 Springfield Government 4x16x50 scope, and have both a great shooter as well as a deadly long range rifle.

Or, you could buy an M1A collectable Super Match in McMillan bedded glass camo stock clothing.

Or, you could buy an M1A collectable mounted in a Sage EBR stock system, just like the Seal Team Operators are still using today.

Or, you could buy two middle of the road newer Springfield M1A's that have been optimized and had the prone to failure parts already replaced with G.I. or Bula parts, ready to go.

With the rifle, especially the early examples, you get a proven shooting system, and great resale value too.

There's my $2700.00 worth of common cents.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:11 pm

I had never heard about Bula before. Please tell us more. I found a Bula Defense System website, and they seem to have cool parts, but no way to see more about the products....

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:30 pm

RENCORP wrote:SCAR for $2700.00 ? Bleaghhh.

For that kind of money, you could buy an early collectable low serial number M1A National Match, with appropriate Gen 1 Springfield Government 4x16x50 scope, and have both a great shooter as well as a deadly long range rifle.

Or, you could buy an M1A collectable Super Match in McMillan bedded glass camo stock clothing.

Or, you could buy an M1A collectable mounted in a Sage EBR stock system, just like the Seal Team Operators are still using today.

Or, you could buy two middle of the road newer Springfield M1A's that have been optimized and had the prone to failure parts already replaced with G.I. or Bula parts, ready to go.

With the rifle, especially the early examples, you get a proven shooting system, and great resale value too.

There's my $2700.00 worth of common cents.

Had an M1A in a Sage EBR... sold it for a 17, never regretted it and would buy another 17 before another M1A.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:19 pm

Tho your best money is spent on an upper end AR10 because there is so much value right now due to the current market on them. But you cannot go wrong with a 17, if 556 I would say the Bren 805.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 am

Hey guys, thanks for the input.

You've given me quite a few other guns to look at and add to my longterm wish-lists, but in the end I've decided to immediately get a SCAR-17s.

Question is, where to find one? Everyone seems out and I'm already on several waiting lists. Anyone have an idea on where I could get one?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 am

Lynnwood gun used to be getting them in pretty regularly. Maybe call DJ's and see what they have.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 am

Alpine wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the input.

You've given me quite a few other guns to look at and add to my longterm wish-lists, but in the end I've decided to immediately get a SCAR-17s.

Question is, where to find one? Everyone seems out and I'm already on several waiting lists. Anyone have an idea on where I could get one?

Cabelas $3200.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Scar 17's are overpriced currently
Post a reply