Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:28 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Trump directs Justice Department to ban bumpfire stocks 

TechnoWeenie wrote:
blue92 wrote:
zombie66 wrote:
First off everyone lets just take a nice deep breath (ill wait).........

Does everyone here remember Sandy Hook? Does everyone remember who was our POTUS? If you answered yes to any of these questions lets take a quick look at what happened after SH.................Not a god dam thing, except hi caps were outrageous and ammo/firearms were spendy but no AWB of any kind, and lets not forget that we had one of the most Left wing POTUS's in charge for 2 terms.

Regarding the bumpfire stocks if anyone on this forum really thought that the ATF or any other Government Agency was NOT gonna get rid of these eventually than im sorry to say you were wrong from the get-go. The one thing we ALL know is that you cannot push the envelope that far with the Federal government and NOT get some kind of back lash, I remember when I first saw a bumpfire stock the very first thing I said was "These are not gonna last long" and sure as shit one fucktard a does a number with one and POOOF!!!!!!!!!!!!! And everyone on here is shocked why???

I really dont know why everyone is here is losing their shit over a "Novelty" that in all reality is utterly useless.

The only FUCKING BAN this country needs is on Social Media and how much Air Time News Media's get.

my .02

State's rights my friend. State's rights. What good is the 2A when 47 states will neuter it?

Washington is just the next one to fall.

Rights are inherent. Not bestowed upon us by parchment.

Unfortunately the founding fathers of freedom allowed these subsections to have the right to bestow upon us by simple majority the forming opinion of the mob rule.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Well, this doesn't come as much of a surprise, because Trump never was a conservative nor a Republican; he has always been a NY Democrat. He just happens to align with the GOP on a number of issues (immigration, national defense, taxes, etc.). Guns is not one of them, though. But since he doesn't write the laws - he just signs them - the pressure needs to be on the GOP in Congress. If an AWB passes Congress with the GOP in control of one or both chambers, and ends upon Trump's desk, then it's really the GOP that folded and sold us out. Feel free to write the White House and tell them what you think, but spend more effort on your congress critters.

Although I agree, our two Senators will never listen to our messages against gun control. We know how Cantwell and Murray roll. The House may be the best place to focus, unless you wish to persuade Senators from other states.

- Reverend King —“The Purpose of Education” from Morehouse College student newspaper, The Maroon Tiger, 1947

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
I've been among Trump's most vocal supporters.

BIG MISTAKE to go back on his word and take ANY gun control actions. He's promised repeatedly he would not.

BIG MISTAKE. If it's "just" bump stocks, I'll be angry but live with it. If he's seriously looking at any AWB he will no longer have my support at all.

George Bush was a 1 term POTUS in spite of being the most qualified POTUS in my life and the highest approval rating of any modern POTUS since the 1970s. Why? He lied and raised taxes going back on his promises.

I'd urge Trump to rescind this immediately. His base is gun owners. This will not go over well.

Bush had many reasons he lost. He ended on a down economy and also pushed through a gun ban before Clinton did. That pissed many people off. Not to mention his NWO and thousand points of light speeches saying how great the new world order was.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/15/us/us ... -bush.html

"WASHINGTON, March 14— The Bush Administration today banned imports of semiautomatic assault rifles indefinitely, pending a review of whether the military-style weapons are being used for sporting purposes. "

- Reverend King —“The Purpose of Education” from Morehouse College student newspaper, The Maroon Tiger, 1947

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
Never was a republican never was pro gun. He said what he needed to get elected. Turns out he may be a politician after all. Bumpstocks and binary triggers were nothing more than a way to skate the full auto laws. They may end up fuckin us all in the end. Banning them may be a no brainer for lawmakers and could start the ball rolling. God I hope not.

But Obama said they were OkeDoke!!!! Probably a ploy at the time...

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Maybe Im in the minority here, but the were not going to stop until' a little something was thrown their way. Give them the shitty bumpstocks which are total crap anyways, and keep them quiet.

Nope.
Trade them for suppressors? Ok.

AND CC Reciprocy. :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Art of the Deal. Negotiate until the other side feels they got the good deal.
Trump will concede to lefties and add a couple of new gun laws to the 22,000 that DON'T WORK in regards to mass shootings...and he'll do it to throw a few more votes past 50% for 2020.
He ain't no dummy and he ain't no politician.
He's a business man and knows how to move and shake.
Drain the swamp, filter out corruption (FBI) buy a few votes of folks sitting on the middle, win 2020.
He's a big mouth, too busy on Twitter, but I'm okay with that. About time our leader give some crap back to the liberal communists.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

Sure. Yeah, no. He is exactly a politician. Promise everything to everyone, and does what he wants.

sportsdad60 wrote:

Do we really want to go into how great he is at business? The only thing he does well, is sells his cult of personality. He used to think Neo Liberals were the best buyers of that, until he met the right.

sportsdad60 wrote:
T
Drain the swamp, filter out corruption (FBI) buy a few votes of folks sitting on the middle, win 2020.

Drain the swamp, so he can put up his own hotel of his own crocks.

:thumbsup2:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 am

L_O_G wrote:
We knew this was all coming. Dems ask for an all out ban, and they get the bumpstocks.

Even though I hate it, consider it a win.

No way. They've been doing this since the 30s.

"I want your whole pie."

"Will you take half my pie?"

"Yes, give me half!"

"I didn't have to give my whole pie. I consider this a win!"

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
The Art of the Deal. Negotiate until the other side feels they got the good deal.
Trump will concede to lefties and add a couple of new gun laws to the 22,000 that DON'T WORK in regards to mass shootings...and he'll do it to throw a few more votes past 50% for 2020.
He's a big mouth, too busy on Twitter, but I'm okay with that. About time our leader give some crap back to the liberal communists.

I voted for the guy and gave him the benefit of the doubt for a year but I am not liking some of the things I have seen him do. On the plus side, he is not Hillary.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MorrisWR wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

I voted for the guy and gave him the benefit of the doubt for a year but I am not liking some of the things I have seen him do. On the plus side, he is not Hillary.

Have you ever in your lifetime seen a presidential administration in which everything they do you like? Even Ben Shapiro has admitted that Trump has done some pretty good things and Shapiro is definitely no fan of trump. I voted for him, I did not ever expect that I would like everything his administration would do.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:03 am

MorrisWR wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
I've been among Trump's most vocal supporters.

BIG MISTAKE to go back on his word and take ANY gun control actions. He's promised repeatedly he would not.

BIG MISTAKE. If it's "just" bump stocks, I'll be angry but live with it. If he's seriously looking at any AWB he will no longer have my support at all.

George Bush was a 1 term POTUS in spite of being the most qualified POTUS in my life and the highest approval rating of any modern POTUS since the 1970s. Why? He lied and raised taxes going back on his promises.

I'd urge Trump to rescind this immediately. His base is gun owners. This will not go over well.

Bush had many reasons he lost. He ended on a down economy and also pushed through a gun ban before Clinton did. That pissed many people off. Not to mention his NWO and thousand points of light speeches saying how great the new world order was.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/15/us/us ... -bush.html

"WASHINGTON, March 14— The Bush Administration today banned imports of semiautomatic assault rifles indefinitely, pending a review of whether the military-style weapons are being used for sporting purposes. "

I helped fire GHWB for his treasonous import ban. He later admitted that gunners like me were the deciding factor in his dismissal. I can't read the entire thread now, but this is about FAR more than just bump stocks. Please take the time to watch this roundtable podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUy6ZKsox38&t=102s

Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:14 pm

OhShoot! wrote:
I think Trump needs to give back a portion of that 30 million dollars the NRA gave him, or else we all paid a little bit of money to have him ban our firearms for us.

NRA are the a$$hats who started all this and tossed trump the ball

Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
MorrisWR wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Have you ever in your lifetime seen a presidential administration in which everything they do you like? Even Ben Shapiro has admitted that Trump has done some pretty good things and Shapiro is definitely no fan of trump. I voted for him, I did not ever expect that I would like everything his administration would do.

Of course not but have you actually seen what Trump has been pushing? Gun Owners of America agrees with me. I voted for Trump but he is talking about taking guns from people without due process. In my book, that is treason since it not only goes against the 2nd but the 4th. What would people be saying if Obama was talking like that.

All of a sudden because Trump has an R after his name he is the holy grail? Perhaps you agree with what Trump has been proposing but I never will. It is illegal, ignorant, and will solve nothing. Perhaps he is just pandering but the NRA got him elected with their support, not the Democratic gun control crowd.

I have agreed with things that Trump has done and I still would vote for the guy over Hillary, nothing has changed. I just do not buy that he is this great guy. He is talking about the same things he did in his book. He wanted to ban AR's then also.

I don't know how old you are but I've been fighting these turds for decades (back when George Herbert stabbed us in the back with his gun ban before Clintons ban). I've had it with this shit and I will not keep quiet when ANY President attacks the Constitutional rights of ANY citizen.

From GOA:

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/wr ... bU0B8&lp=0

"Lewis G. Carroll said it first: ‘’First the execution; then the trial.’’

On Wednesday, Donald Trump echoed that sentiment when he said: ‘’Take the guns first; go through due process later.’’
Well, that’s not exactly the way due process is supposed to work.

But Trump made these comments -- and more -- at a roundtable meeting with several congressmen at the White House.
He supported various gun control proposals and vowed to take on the gun lobby to get his measures passed.
That’s why I need to you to email your Senators today.

Tell them how deeply disappointed you are by the President's betrayal of gun owners, who he actively courted prior to the 2016 elections.
Trump endorses Gun Confiscation Orders

On Wednesday, Trump endorsed the heinous gun confiscation orders that several anti-gun states have enacted (California, Oregon, Washington, etc.).

Under these laws, the police or a relative or perhaps a government official could convene a secret court proceeding (called an ex parte hearing).

The gun owner would NOT be allowed to attend or make his or her case to the court.

And, in fact, the first they would know about it is when the SWAT team arrived at the door to ransack their house and, if they resisted, to arrest or even shoot them. This is what happened at Ruby Ridge.

Leftist anti-gun Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) suggested to a beaming Trump that anyone you had ever dated should also be able to convene a secret proceeding to take away your guns.

Wow! Talk about driving a stake through the heart of the Second and Fourth Amendments.

This will open up our gun rights to horrific abuse -- as people will be able to take revenge against you to take away your rights, as happened to Shane Morgan in Oregon.

How ironic that just a few weeks ago, the President said in a tweet, when talking about one his aides, that, ‘’People’s lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation.... Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?’’

Apparently, due process is needed for people in the White House, but not for people who may be falsely accused and have their Second Amendment rights stripped from them.

Incidentally, the Gun Confiscation Orders would have done no good in Parkland, where the shooter was judged to be low risk.
But he COULD have been barred from buying a gun if he had been brought up on felony charges during any of the 40-50 police visits. And NEWS FLASH: Holding a gun to someone’s head IS a felony.

Not only that, he could have been deterred from even attacking a school if he knew, in advance, that there were armed adults inside the building.

But the gun confiscation orders were just the beginning of Trump’s anti-gun love-fest.

Trump endorses Universal Background (Registration) Checks

The base bill for Trump’s comprehensive anti-gun package is the proposal introduced by Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Pat Toomey (R-PA) from 2013 -- legislation that is commonly known as Universal Background Checks.

Under that bill, if you wanted to sell your gun to your neighbor ... you and he would have to go to the nearest FFL ... pay whatever fee he chose to charge you (without limit, but you can expect to be AT LEAST $50 poorer) ... and then HOPE that you’re not one of the eight percent of all Brady Check purchasers who receives a YELLOW (hold) response.

At the very least, this would mean you would have to make two trips to the gun store. However, under very technical language in the 2013 version, it may be that you would NEVER be able to buy the gun.

Of course, the other problem with Universal Background Registration Checks is that the ATF is currently routinely making copies of 4473’s in many parts of the country.

Think about it, if everyone has to get a 4473 under Universal Background Checks, then everyone and their gun will appear in that national registry.

The Manchin-Toomey language garnered 54 votes in 2013, but then dropped to only 48 votes in 2015 and 44 votes in 2016.
So, right now, Universal Background Registration Checks are being supported by less than half the Senate. But don’t be surprised if President Trump starts twisting arms to get more votes.

Then there’s Feinstein’s semi-auto ban, which Trump also entertained as a possibility. Her bill would probably get roughly 35 votes in the Senate.

Trump openly asked Manchin and Toomey to accept the Feinstein semi-auto ban, which would ban millions of semi-automatic firearms -- and would ban standard capacity magazines, as well.

Trump dismisses pleas to pass concealed carry reciprocity

Concealed carry reciprocity was brought up at yesterday’s meeting.

But Trump rejected this bill as unachievable, even though it has already passed the House and has 55-60 votes in the Senate, based on our extrapolation of the 2013 vote on reciprocity in the Senate.

So to recap: A PRO-gun reciprocity bill with 55-60 votes is “unachievable” for Trump, but two horrendous, ANTI-gun bills supported by less than half of the Senate are the core of Trump’s agenda.

What does that tell you about Trump’s view of the Second Amendment -- and the gun lobby?

Finally, there is Trump’s continued push to disarm hundreds of thousands of soldiers and sailors -- who are perfectly capable of carrying a full automatic in Baghdad or Kabul -- but they will return to the U.S. to be treated as second-class citizens if Trump raises the age to purchase a long-gun to 21.

Kudos to pro-gun champions Sen. Steve Daines (R-MT) and Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) for trying to steer Trump off his anti-gun rant.

Sen. Daines reiterated the need for armed protection inside our nation’s schools. And Rep. Scalise pled for Trump to reconsider concealed carry reciprocity. But Trump just dismissed Scalise’s pro-gun pleas.

Perhaps the only bright spot in Wednesday’s meeting was that Trump reiterated his support for arming teachers.

However, by the end of the meeting, it seemed pretty clear that Trump would not fight for this if it meant the death of the gun control package."

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

forgot where I read it, but if we give them bump stocks (or whatever) and we don't get CCW reciprocity or hearing protection act in return, then it isn't compromise, it is concession.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MorrisWR wrote:
Of course not but have you actually seen what Trump has been pushing? Gun Owners of America agrees with me. I voted for Trump but he is talking about taking guns from people without due process. In my book, that is treason since it not only goes against the 2nd but the 4th. What would people be saying if Obama was talking like that.

All of a sudden because Trump has an R after his name he is the holy grail? Perhaps you agree with what Trump has been proposing but I never will. It is illegal, ignorant, and will solve nothing. Perhaps he is just pandering but the NRA got him elected with their support, not the Democratic gun control crowd.

I have agreed with things that Trump has done and I still would vote for the guy over Hillary, nothing has changed. I just do not buy that he is this great guy. He is talking about the same things he did in his book. He wanted to ban AR's then also.

I don't know how old you are but I've been fighting these turds for decades (back when George Herbert stabbed us in the back with his gun ban before Clintons ban). I've had it with this shit and I will not keep quiet when ANY President attacks the Constitutional rights of ANY citizen.

Wait just a god damned minute there mister. First, the comment you are replying to was posted before Trump made his recent statements about the AWB and other unconstitutional legislation. Second, nothing in the comment said I was okay with discarding due process or the other shit he has been spewing, or that since Trump is supposedly an R I support him blindly. I am with you, I dont buy that he is a great guy. I have been skeptical from the very start.

Listen here old timer, My age is irrelevant in this conversation, I'm old enough to know that you dont get extra patriot points just because you have been breathing longer than some of us and been fighting the good fight for longer. We are all in this fight, I'm not ignorant of history especially when it concerns gun control, and I am not the cheerleader bandwagon type; I can call a spade a spade and I call it like I see it. Trump has pissed me off and scared the shit out of me with the shit he has been saying. Like I have said before its extremely disappointing but not surprising coming from a NY liberal. Like you, I did not see the alternative in the general election, It was Trump or bust come what may. I still dont regret the decision because I know what the other candidate would have been like. Now would you kindly step off my dick please.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next