Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Raising age limits to 21 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dimes wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
Capn Blood wrote:
NO compromise. Every time you give the left a cookie they are encouraged to take the entire bakery

So true and they have absolutely nothing to offer either, they just pull on the heart strings of the gullible uninformed voters....

That's always been the most perplexing thing to me. The pro-rights side gets absolutely diddly-poop, and they call it a "compromise."

The only explanation I can come up with is that our representatives on the right are teacher's pet-types who just want pats on the head and to be told they're good. They don't even stop and think that the people who give them (temporary) pats on the head want them to be completely marginalized.

Yep, they bring Jack shit to the table to compromise with!!!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:32 pm

leadcounsel wrote:
If we are raising the age limit to 21 for anything, it should be voting; having heard the emotional, juvenile, illogical, uneducated, and incoherent statements of teenagers on TV - some shouting for violence against opposition - it's clear that these children should not be voting.

If you've watched these teenagers, they are so clearly under-developed mentally. While the shooting(s) in schools are horrific, these kids are extremely fragile and ruled by emotion. No logic. No critical thinking. Just calls for bans, which of course as we all know don't work.

It's scary that these kids are apparently not really taught anything useful in school - like world or US history - apparently. If they were, they'd quickly realize that prohibition didn't work, drug wars don't work, laws against texting while driving don't work, and so forth. Their classmate was willing to break dozens of serious laws, so why would any of them believe a law banning a gun would have made any difference? Even if he was magically prevented from a gun, he could have easily substituted a different weapon of choice...

Time to seriously consider a voting age increase to 21 in my opinion, when children are more mentally developed and have some world experience.

X2

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Children of Peace tore up a Walmart in Chi-raq during one of these protests. Now THAT was a very mature act which leads me to believe they should be directing national affairs at their tender age.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:29 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I heard a blurb from the anti-Constitutionalists saying that we need to drop the voting age to 16 because of how well their gun violence protests have been going. I think it was an Oregonian who said it, but they were referencing both Oregon and nationwide youth protests (school walkouts) in the radio segment.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3