Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Is it time we all join the NRA? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
If you want to pressure politicians, NRA, GOA, SAF (any other?)

I dont know alot about this one but I know of it:

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
https://www.ccrkba.org/

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a new resident, are there any local/state 2nd Amendment advocacy groups I should be joining? Back home, I was a member of the Association of NJ Rifle and Pistol Clubs and NJ 2nd Amendment Society, the latter of which did more work than the state NRA affiliate (ANJRPC).

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The left hates guns and the NRA. That's enough for me. I love contributing to things that makes the left hate and cry and complain.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
jackass wrote:
I have been a vocal critic of the NRA over 20 years but they have finally woken up and I have renewed my membership.

GOA, SAF are good too, JOIN THEM ALL!

JPFO?

Took me a moment to find it. Very interesting reading that website. Liked it. Noticed that it has the same address as SAF and CCRKBA. Even has the same director. How many groups is this man involved with?

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:48 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

He's also a professional bow tie model.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NukeNJ wrote:
As a new resident, are there any local/state 2nd Amendment advocacy groups I should be joining? Back home, I was a member of the Association of NJ Rifle and Pistol Clubs and NJ 2nd Amendment Society, the latter of which did more work than the state NRA affiliate (ANJRPC).

SAF and CCRKBA are in Bellevue WA. I donate largest chunks to them and GOA. I am a lifetime NRA member.

Also, my Amazon Prime Smile donation is SAF. Every Prime member should do this.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wife joined today. :) She is a C&C holder and shooter with training,but she joined today specifically for political and constitutional reason. When we got to the gun show today, she bee-lined for the NRA booth.
:flag: :patriot:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
jackass wrote:
If you want to pressure politicians, NRA, GOA, SAF (any other?)

I dont know alot about this one but I know of it:

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
https://www.ccrkba.org/

If people thought the NRA was the spam king think again. I had joined before the 594 fiasco and weekly I got calls & spammed by mail. I called & talked to a CS rep and he was so arrogant attacking my decision to stop all correspondence (spamming). I told him to just cancel my membership.
I hate being badgered by any organization.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

Please educate the unwashed masses, i saw that on SAF's website, clicked on it but all it did is open the main Amazon website.

I'm skeptical but joined the NRA for the first time yesterday... hopefully i don't regret it, lol
donated to SAF as well :wagwoot:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:28 pm

rodell wrote:
I find it hard to argue someone cares about their rights when they are not a member of the NRA. I do know many are unhappy with the work on the state level, and I respect that viewpoint. However, the division in groups means less efficiency and a smaller voice.

The opposition is doing exactly that--smaller voices, locally, winning hearts and minds with smoke & mirrors from silver tongued foxes. They cannot defeat the NRA in DC, the wall is too tall and too vast.

So they are doing the next best thing--slowly, deliberately, digging around the foundation knowing eventually the whole thing will topple over. It's working. NRA needs to peer over the wall and notice it's more than just a beagle going after a squirrel.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

movingviolation wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Please educate the unwashed masses, i saw that on SAF's website, clicked on it but all it did is open the main Amazon website.

Log in to Amazon. Under "Account & Lists," click on "Your AmazonSmile." Here, you can choose your charity. I have chosen the Second Amendment Foundation, and here's what my page shows:

Okay, my 206 orders have only generated $34 . . . but in total, we've sent $65,000 to SAF, and that's money well spent!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Steve! It's not a ton of money, but when I add it to the $200-$300 a year I send to SAF it adds up.

SAF now needs to get busy. Get out beyond US.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

Log in to Amazon. Under "Account & Lists," click on "Your AmazonSmile." Here, you can choose your charity. I have chosen the Second Amendment Foundation, and here's what my page shows:

Okay, my 206 orders have only generated $34 . . . but in total, we've sent $65,000 to SAF, and that's money well spent!

was not that simple for me...
i had to do this:

Log into your account: got to - Payment, Pricing & Promotions › Membership Programs›
Change Your AmazonSmile Charitable Organization
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you are prompted to select a charitable organization from our list of eligible organizations. You can change your selection at any time.

To change your charitable organization:

Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
Select a new charitable organization to support.

so pretty much for this "smile" feature to be available i have to log on and shop through smile.amazon.com instead of just amazon.com,

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just save the new smile amazon link as a book mark. Easy.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:
MadPick wrote:

was not that simple for me...
i had to do this:

Log into your account: got to - Payment, Pricing & Promotions › Membership Programs›
Change Your AmazonSmile Charitable Organization
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you are prompted to select a charitable organization from our list of eligible organizations. You can change your selection at any time.

To change your charitable organization:

Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
Select a new charitable organization to support.

so pretty much for this "smile" feature to be available i have to log on and shop through smile.amazon.com instead of just amazon.com,

Trying to follow your steps you have listed I got lost.
So I took the straight forward approach.
Go straight to "smile.amazon.com" and the rest was easy-peasy.
Smile.amazon has now replaced my old Amazon bookmark. :thumbsup2:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next