Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:17 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Is it time we all join the NRA? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine just lapsed this past November and just renewed this morning after watching the morning news and seeing social media.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Renewed yesterday.

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Join and donate to the cause. NRA and SAF do more than anything for our rights.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Which is the best magazine?

American Rifleman
American Hunter
Americas First Freedom
Shooting Illustrated

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went to the life membership several years ago. Just figured in the long run I’ll be ahead and it’s one less thing to renew.

The one mistake I made was doing it at the WAC show. It was $750 and after all the paperwork was done the guy told me I’d get the same sweet jacket he was wearing. Later I saw life memberships for $600.

So I basically bought a $150 leather jacket that I gave to Leadcouncil because he looks better in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
I went to the life membership several years ago. Just figured in the long run I’ll be ahead and it’s one less thing to renew.

The one mistake I made was doing it at the WAC show. It was $750 and after all the paperwork was done the guy told me I’d get the same sweet jacket he was wearing. Later I saw life memberships for $600.

So I basically bought a $150 leather jacket that I gave to Leadcouncil because he looks better in it.

:cheers2: :cheers2:

Still got it!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:

American Rifleman
American Hunter
Americas First Freedom
Shooting Illustrated
If you want focus on policy/politics go with First Freedom. If you are more into gun reviews, articles on new gear etc. go with rifleman or shooting illustrated. A small portion of the content of First freedom is also found in Rifleman too (I get both).

I've never looked at American hunter but the title seems self explanatory.

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:52 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I've been reading American Rifleman for over 40 years.
Don't think I could take a shit without it.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been a LM since 94 before the internet & got snale mail spammed for a year untill I got fed up & called. I talked to two nice ladies and after 5 mins I was promised within a few weeks the mailings would cease, and by God they did. All you have to do is call or email and "OPT OUT" of future contact. It's so easy even a caveman can do it!!!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Purchased an Easy Pay Life Membership two years ago and now about half way through the installment payments. It's important to fund the NRA-ILA for congressional action and to contact legislative representatives when needed.

I've let my Second Amendment Foundation and American Suppressor Association dues also lapse and need to renew there for sure.

Been receiving the American Rifleman though now curious about the Shooting Illustrated option.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I prefer Gun Owners of America. They don't compromise. I joined them this year. I've been a Life member of NRA for 20 years.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:39 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guntrader wrote:
I've been reading American Rifleman for over 40 years.
Don't think I could take a shit without it.

:ROFLMAO:

As for the price of a life membership . . . sure, shop around if you wish. However, keep in mind that the money you're paying is going to a good cause. You're determining how much your donation to the cause will be, that's all.

It's different than shopping for an item, where your money is just going into someone else's pocket with no benefit for you.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Life member for a long time. Don't always agree with them but we need someone fighting for us

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:20 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dennydp wrote:
Life member for a long time. Don't always agree with them but we need someone fighting for us

Ditto.

This thread makes me happy each time I see updates and come in to read. Teamwork, brethren!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:

American Rifleman
American Hunter
Americas First Freedom
Shooting Illustrated

I like the Shooting Illustrated mag.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:46 am