Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 An AR-15 in every home 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

It is a long watch, but he said quite a few interesting things about 2A. One of the more memorable phrases (for me) was that the 2A is describing the "universal militia" which I strongly agree with. 2A is a HUMAN right, not an American Right. We're lucky that our Founding Fathers recognized this.
I thought the whole thing was interesting, but around the 8 minute mark he keys in on a few things about 2A that made me think...
https://youtu.be/xa87kudAVFs

Every other nation that restricts basic gun rights to their citizens, even by popular vote, is infringing on humans' natural rights to self-protection and their right to combat tyranny.
If this was already posted I'll delete it. First time I saw it, and I didn't find it on a search.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Only one? I can't get by with only 1... I have a 10.5" pistol, a 16" carbine and a 24" bull barrel and that's the .223/5.56
Then there are the other calibers.........
One? Who can survive with only one? :bigsmile:

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got a growing hankering for my very first AR...

Hope I win one of those birthday prizes! :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Selador wrote:

I'm half tempted to give you one.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
I've got a growing hankering for my very first AR... :bigsmile:

I wasn't able to stop at 1. or 2. or 3. or...... Never mind. I don't want people to know how sick I am.
:bigsmile:

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Once you go black....

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:

I am in the same boat as you. Thinking of building one in a larger caliber so I can hunt with it too.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:03 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Mike in Wa wrote:
Selador wrote:

I am in the same boat as you. Thinking of building one in a larger caliber so I can hunt with it too.

There is so much to choose from too.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Yankee Marshal(David) is giving away a gun every month to Patreon supporters and is “donating” a few guns every month.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]