Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 GSSF worth joining? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They accidentally sent me a second (duplicate) when I renewed this year too. I know you're technically only supposed to use one per year, but I don't know what happens if you try to use both. I've honestly never used one of mine, but that's mostly cause I already had a bunch and then won a few more.

Did any of you guys shoot the Port Townsend GSSF match a couple weekends ago? It was a good match, and not very crowded on Saturday.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone get this years GSSF coupon? I got the annual glock buyers guide, but have not received my coupon yet.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you sign up for a 2 year membership last year? If so, you got the coupon last year and shouldn't expect one this year.

Normally you don't get it the first year, but with the 2 year signup they give it to you up front. At least that's what they were doing when I joined.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
Did you sign up for a 2 year membership last year? If so, you got the coupon last year and shouldn't expect one this year.

Normally you don't get it the first year, but with the 2 year signup they give it to you up front. At least that's what they were doing when I joined.

Ah, this makes sense. Thanks.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With that said, if you didn't use the coupon last year, maybe they'll send another, or that one may still be valid. They sent me one the second year, despite the rules saying they weren't supposed to, but I hadn't used the first coupon. It may have been a mistake on their part as well, I don't know.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:41 pm

It costs you $35 a year. You save about $85 a year if you buy a new Glock.
Plus it opens up the ability to take an armorer's course, the matches, and the potential to win stuff, like a new Glock.
Seems a good deal.

I asked both our LE and commercial rep... they said to just "keep it simple." No more than 2 per year for any reason with a Blue Label.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speak of the devil... Just received my GSSF coupon over the weekend.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I still have not used any of my coupons. But I have won 3 pistols from GSSF in the last 2 years, so it's hard to justify buying one when they're giving them for free. ;)

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
I still have not used any of my coupons. But I have won 3 pistols from GSSF in the last 2 years, so it's hard to justify buying one when they're giving them for free. ;)

from going to shooting events, or do they have drawings for members?

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
Yondering wrote:

from going to shooting events, or do they have drawings for members?

Shooting events, specifically the Port Townsend match, but one of mine was a new member drawing. You can also win cash for second and third place entries, usually $100 or $75 in my experience. I participate in the Burlington indoor match as well, and they give away a gun every season (3 months) as a random drawing for participants, but I haven't won a gun there yet.
(You don't win guns for score in the indoor matches, only in the outdoor matches. Indoor matches give you a plaque for first place and all entries are in a random drawing for a gun and other small prizes like Tshirts, hats, Glock knives, etc.)

Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2