Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pricing your gun for sale 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
I would also say in the AK section you left off the China stuff. Was that intentional? I know the PolyTech and other Norinco's are highly regarded as good guns.

:plusone:

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

munchie wrote:
You can take my freedom after I have expended my last round and busted my bayonet off in your fucking spleen

Roger that. Great sig.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat May 24, 2014 10:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After next year, you can ad tax, transfer and a headache fees to your price list

Thu May 29, 2014 5:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

too bad people are so uptight and get pissed when you tell them their shits over priced

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
too bad people are so uptight and get pissed when you tell them their shits over priced

The other side of that coin are the guys who consistently and repeatedly offer 50% of whatever your asking price is and get butt hurt you're not interested in dealing with them.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yeah, I say if you can prove the prices you are asking for , ill look and see if its a deal I want to do.

we all want the most for what we havae, but ive sold stuff less than I had listed if someone showed me elsewhere

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:31 pm

Mohawk13 wrote:
When I want to be as accurate as possible...I shoot a $100 Mosin!! It's not the rifle, so much as the skill of the shooter...And That skill My friends...is PRICELESS :snipersmilie:

Exactly....

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
yeah, I say if you can prove the prices you are asking for , ill look and see if its a deal I want to do.

we all want the most for what we havae, but ive sold stuff less than I had listed if someone showed me elsewhere

Comes down to how badly you want the cash I guess. I just had a guy offer me $600 for both my Savage rifles that I have listed for $1075ish together ($600 & $475). Apparently hoping I'm extremely desperate.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:26 am

wish i saw AK's go for the prices you have listed. Too many people out there overcharging by far

Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:48 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Well, come to our store :-). We have underfolders for 550 and Zastava N-PAPs for 570 (only a couple of these left though).

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Probably should add the Czech Mausers to the list. Most are between 200-300 dollars but some are more if they still have the original Czech crest on them. There are a lot of them in the US now, they seemed to have come over about the same time as the RC Mausers. Imported Mausers are much less valuable that Vet bringbacks. Your prices are right on the money though.

For the German Mausers I would probably put down that these prices are for Russian Capture models. Those can go from 275 to 450 dollars depending on the quality of the rifle. Partially matching rifles (Bolt Mismatches) can run 6-800 dollars. For some reason a lot of the Vet bringbacks would have complete matching bolts that wouldn't match the rifle. I have a friend that has a CE41 (Sauer and Son's manufacture) that is all matching except for the bolt.

Full matching can go up to 2500 depending on the model. I saw a 1936 Banner Mauser go for 2400 on Gunbroker and the guys at the K98K forum said that was possibly a little cheap for that rifle. Original Radom Polish Mausers, a virtial copy of the K98 go pretty high too. Zf41 snipers can go for 3-4K. Not many of those left. It has gotten so bad that guys are humping rifles to increase their value. All the stampings have been made and can be found on e-bay. Forging a 'genuine' early rifle is not easy but if you can make a grand more off of it some people will try.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:37 pm

solyanik wrote:
Put this together... comments welcome!

http://www.preciseshooter.com/blog/PriceGuide.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In your guide… Sig 226 was mentioned, West German or Newer versions? Just clarification. :) :bigsmile:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unless of course you are on waguns and want a good deal so you can resale the damn thing...its like a WAC show after 1995...why I don't do that anymore either. .. If you are looking to make a profit off my gun you can go to hell. I could do that myself if I wanted. And I do. Free market. It is worth what it is worth to somebody buying. Plain and simple.... Damn dealers.

WTS Colt Walker sn # 206 original normal wear and tear for 150 year old gun, shoots great. $ 89K

REPLY" I will give you 1300.00 for it. ( meaning I want to re- sell it for 89K ) Because I am a loser dealer and that's how I make my living. Buy screwing people to pass it on to others.

Let folks post the guns they want to sell for whatever they want...don't tell them what to do or how much YOU think their gun is worth. We all have the ability to look at gunbroker.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I look at current retail at a own discount/volume shop and take 20% off that. It could be another 5% lower unless I have accessories that make up some difference.

Take the ego out of it, if I wouldn't pay the asking price then who would?

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good information! Not what i wanted to hear, but still good!

Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next