Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Suddenly, Gun Range Since 1937 is an Extreme Risk 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

db-elwood wrote:
Sadly, if the people of Issaquah can have a skydiving center closed down http://www.historylink.org/File/4194 then a firearm shooting range shouldn't be too tough for them.
Is the right to keep and use parachutes a natural right enumerated in the bill of rights?

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
edogg wrote:
It’s just been a matter of time...

Interlake is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have been working very hard to prevent that. You’re welcome to pitch in and help us!

One of these days, I may join up. It’s just not in the cards for me right now.

I got to shoot there once a couple years ago and loved it!! Well, except for the stairs. :)

Yeah. Those damn stairs...

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

db-elwood wrote:
Sadly, if the people of Issaquah can have a skydiving center closed down http://www.historylink.org/File/4194 then a firearm shooting range shouldn't be too tough for them.
"it's a distraction to the motorists on I-90" was one argument. Loud planes were flown all around Issaquah during the weeks leading up to the election.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

db-elwood wrote:

This was more of a profit move. The Holiday Inn and shopping center brings in way more money than a 2 bit air strip.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
I was at ISC when the TV crew was there. Filmed some shots outside, then came in and filmed inside. Not surprising the whole bias of the story, especially lately.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just like the same shit that's been going on in Kitsap county for a while.
Fukin gun haters gotta hate!!!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Glad to see those soccer mom's in favor of supressors. Common sense noise reduction. Now let's get them removed from regulation and available for everyone at the range. :thumbsup2:

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
db-elwood wrote:
Is the right to keep and use parachutes a natural right enumerated in the bill of rights?

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

I mean, that is a silly argument here. The 2nd does not mention ranges.

It is entirely more about property rights than anything 2a. Just happens to involve guns.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
db-elwood wrote:

It is entirely more about property rights than anything 2a. Just happens to involve guns.

Shooting ranges being where a citizen can practice the actual shooting part of "bearing arms" is very much tied to and intimate with the rest of 2a. Arguments otherwise are a bit ignorant as to what the 2a is ALL about. The 2a doesn't need to mention ranges, just like it doesn't need to mention hunting or self defense for them to be tied to and intimate with the rest of 2a.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I'd agree that 2A clearly marks out the purpose - a people who are well-practiced in the use of firearms.

We are SO far from that as a national population... Ranges should be protected, and .Gov should be subsidizing them to help maintain a well-practiced citizenry.

A man can dream.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
root wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
db-elwood wrote:

Shooting ranges being where a citizen can practice the actual shooting part of "bearing arms" is very much tied to and intimate with the rest of 2a. Arguments otherwise are a bit ignorant as to what the 2a is ALL about. The 2a doesn't need to mention ranges, just like it doesn't need to mention hunting or self defense for them to be tied to and intimate with the rest of 2a.

That has nothing to do with the second amendment. It is personal property rights. Same reason someone can ban you from their personal place of business or home.

Noise ordinances are 100% not a second amendment issue, conflating the things is not helpful to our cause. Even bringing it up in court is a bad idea as it could lead to a poor ruling against the second in the end.

There is ZERO counter argument here from a 2nd issue, as it is not impeding your Second Amendment rights. You can shoot your gun elsewhere, if someone chooses not to sell you a firearm is that infringing on your 2nd Amendment rights?

PMB wrote:
I'd agree that 2A clearly marks out the purpose - a people who are well-practiced in the use of firearms.

We are SO far from that as a national population... Ranges should be protected, and .Gov should be subsidizing them to help maintain a well-practiced citizenry.

A man can dream.

I mean, technically they do with the DNR ranges? Some states take that a step further and have actual maintained places.

That said, I would never shoot at one as I prefer the current count of holes in my body as I have now.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
That has nothing to do with the second amendment. It is personal property rights. Same reason someone can ban you from their personal place of business or home.

Mkay.

root wrote:
you can shoot your gun elsewhere.

Until there is no "elsewhere" or "elsewhere" is 200 miles away.

I'm not saying these places need to be absolutely protected. I'm saying a gun range by the very fact that practicing responsibly with guns is very much a part of what 2a is about means gun ranges just like gun stores should be treated a little differently than a regular ass mom and pop gas station or skydiving outfit for instance.

root wrote:
if someone chooses not to sell you a firearm is that infringing on your 2nd Amendment rights?

Enter tired old strawman argument. You disappoint sir.

Jeff Cooper

cityslicker wrote:

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
root wrote:

Mkay.

root wrote:
you can shoot your gun elsewhere.

Until there is no "elsewhere" or "elsewhere" is 200 miles away.

I'm not saying these places need to be absolutely protected. I'm saying a gun range by the very fact that practicing responsibly with guns is very much a part of what 2a is about means gun ranges just like gun stores should be treated a little differently than a regular ass mom and pop gas station or skydiving outfit for instance.

root wrote:
if someone chooses not to sell you a firearm is that infringing on your 2nd Amendment rights?

Enter tired old strawman argument. You disappoint sir.

You can buy land, you can go elsewhere to shoot. It is false to bring this up as a 2A issue. This is a full stop personal property issue, there were established things in the area that people full well knew about. It is on them.

and as for strawman? Not at all.

If a place of business chooses to NOT sell you a firearm... You can go elsewhere to buy said firearm. If a place is shut down from you shooting... You go someplace else to go shooting. A simile is NOT always a strawman, such as this case.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:52 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

But root, in this example it would be like the govt saying that you can’t buy a gun at that store anymore, not the store itself saying it.

But as to the main point. A property issue would be a much better play.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
But root, in this example it would be like the govt saying that you can’t buy a gun at that store anymore, not the store itself saying it.

But as to the main point. A property issue would be a much better play.

Ah, but it would be the court and you as an individual can be denied a gun by due process. You would be dealing with the above property issue also in a court of law.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next