Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 RIP - Slide Fire 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Press release and email from Slide Fire:
Quote:
On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at midnight CDT, Slide Fire will cease taking orders for its products and shut down its website. All orders placed by May 20th will be processed and shipped.

Limited inventory will be added to the website as it is available. Any items that can be ordered should ship within 5-7 business days. Additional notifications regarding inventory will be sent as changes occur.

Thank you for your support.

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They're crazy not to fight the executive order ban in court. I don't think it would hold up to a literal reading of the USC that governs machine guns. They don't have to go out of business if they can prove that this executive order is unlawful.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:05 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I think banning them would require a ruling by the (acting) Chief of the ATF Technology Branch that they were in fact a 'machine gun'.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe one of thier lawyers or someone found a really good argument and decided not to open the can of worms?

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heard on the radio that they’re facing lawsuits from several survivors of the Vegas shooting. Maybe it’s just too many fronts to fight on....

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:26 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sickening... To see a piece of material blamed for an evil act.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Sickening... To see a piece of material blamed for an evil act.

No caca Jose.

WE have lost our way.

Hemos perdido nuestro camino.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chains wrote:
Heard on the radio that they’re facing lawsuits from several survivors of the Vegas shooting. Maybe it’s just too many fronts to fight on....

PLCAA is in full effect. Those lawsuits should never make it to a courtroom.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chains wrote:

Seems like they should be covered under Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act which is a blanket immunity for gun makers. I'd think it's not solely for gun makers, but also for component makers.

Otherwise, why not sue ammo makers, magazine makers, trigger makers, flash hider makers, etc.?

And where does it end?? Nike for comfortable shoes worn during the attack? Ford for a reliable vehicle to transport the guns? And so forth.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't have one nor the "need" for one. They are largely a gimmick. Yet I still believe in the RIGHT to have one.

There's two big dangers here.
1. Allowing the semi-auto accessory to be banned. All it does is pull the trigger faster. We all know other practical ways to do this. So it's a VERY slippery slope. First time someone pulls off a LV shooting with his belt loops, we will be staring at a semi-auto ban. We are teetering on it now, and some states have banned everything else that makes a weapon effective (the magazines, detachable mag designs, cosmetic ergonomic features, etc.).

2. "Needs" vs. "Rights." Turns out you don't "need" a car that goes fast, or a big home with extra rooms, or to travel around the nation without permission, or your privacy, or deciding to have 3 kids with a certain person, or to vote, or to go to church, or to voice your opinion... Shall we ban these "needs" as well?

VERY VERY VERY dangerous territory on continually itemizing "needs" and banning them.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]