Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Doublestack 9mms - looking for suggestions 

Are you military or LE? If so, make sure you take advantage of the discount programs that the manufacturers offer. Glock, S&W, FN, and maybe a couple others (not sure) offer decent discounts. $460 or so will get you a brand new 17, 19, or 26 with the Glock Blue Label program. I have purchased several this way, and, if you are military.....DO NOT go to the PX/BX. Their prices are shit.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:53 am

Another vote for the CZ 75 series. I've got a P01 and I agree that there isn't much to grab on the slide. Aside from that, it shoots great, feels great and eats everything I've ever fed it. You could also look in to the new P10C.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
75 series CZs.

You get capacity and a hammer.

I have a 75 PCR as a summer carry (IWB) with 16+1 mag. Great firearms, lightweight, accurate as all get out.
Very low profile due to the slide that runs INSIDE the frame (just the opposite of a 1911)
I may buy another some day.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good looking CZ. I like those grips.
Get some Cajun Gun Works springs for it.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:03 am

CZ 75. Try to find a pre-B. I've had mine since 1989. Fantastic pistol.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
If that's the case then the M&P series is probably a good option. They're a bit more ergonomic than other polymer pistols and have good aftermarket support and cheap mags. The XD/XDm series from Springfield is nice but they're so similar to a Glock that you might not like them. Lots of options in double stack 9's but if you want cheap mags that really limits things. The FN 9mm pistols are nice too but you'll pay a little more for mags. IMO HK pistols are pretty meh. You own the beretta 92 already, and said you've already had experience with the CZ's (which are a great option).

Probably best to go to a range with rentals and do some shooting. Sometimes you find a winner in a place you'd never thought to look. I have a Canik stingray C that I picked up on the cheap that's become one of my favorite 9mm pistols to shoot. You never know what might just be the right pistol for you until you've shot it. I used to suffer from Glock stigma but since really giving them a chance I've become a huge fan. My el cheapo G17 is one of my most accurate pistols (for me). Time to go put some rounds downrange and let the right pistol find you.

XD/XDM are not like glocks. I personally do not like glocks because my trigger finger always rubs on the bottom of the trigger guard. XD/XDM for me has the best ergo's of any plastic pistol.
I've got a para 9mm doublestack that shoots very well. it's heavy, so it's pretty soft shooting. The sig 226 is very nice as well.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:58 am

NukeNJ wrote:
I currently own a 92FS, but I'll be throwing that up on the market for sale/trade shortly. What "high capacity" doublestack 9s are you guys fans of, and why?

What is it that you don't like about the Beretta?

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
... You never know what might just be the right pistol for you until you've shot it....

+eleventy.
find a range that does all-you-can-eat rentals (the range in yakima has it for $36) and spend the day playing cinderella/slipper. you'll know if you don't like it within 3-5 rounds. narrow down choices, then torture test the finalists.
that said, cz p10c for polymer/striker, cz 75b for metal/hammer.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:47 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Duke EB wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
If that's the case then the M&P series is probably a good option. They're a bit more ergonomic than other polymer pistols and have good aftermarket support and cheap mags. The XD/XDm series from Springfield is nice but they're so similar to a Glock that you might not like them. Lots of options in double stack 9's but if you want cheap mags that really limits things. The FN 9mm pistols are nice too but you'll pay a little more for mags. IMO HK pistols are pretty meh. You own the beretta 92 already, and said you've already had experience with the CZ's (which are a great option).

Probably best to go to a range with rentals and do some shooting. Sometimes you find a winner in a place you'd never thought to look. I have a Canik stingray C that I picked up on the cheap that's become one of my favorite 9mm pistols to shoot. You never know what might just be the right pistol for you until you've shot it. I used to suffer from Glock stigma but since really giving them a chance I've become a huge fan. My el cheapo G17 is one of my most accurate pistols (for me). Time to go put some rounds downrange and let the right pistol find you.

XD/XDM are not like glocks. I personally do not like glocks because my trigger finger always rubs on the bottom of the trigger guard. XD/XDM for me has the best ergo's of any plastic pistol.
I've got a para 9mm doublestack that shoots very well. it's heavy, so it's pretty soft shooting. The sig 226 is very nice as well.

I've got your old XDm OSP out in the safe next to 2 glocks. They're practically siblings.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Duke EB wrote:
sinus211 wrote:

I've got your old XDm OSP out in the safe next to 2 glocks. They're practically siblings.

I guess all plastic guns look the same to the untrained eye :peep: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :bigsmile:

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:33 pm

My opinion offcourse, yours may differ.
Good, Glock 17/19
Better, XDM 3.8
Best, Sig P226/229
Saying that my daily carry is a 229.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yuki Dog wrote:
NukeNJ wrote:
I currently own a 92FS, but I'll be throwing that up on the market for sale/trade shortly. What "high capacity" doublestack 9s are you guys fans of, and why?

What is it that you don't like about the Beretta?

I wasn't much a fan of the stock trigger in single action. Also hated the slide mounted safety and, in my opinion, for a gun for its size, 15 rounds seems kinda low.

While transferring the Beretta today, I got to fondle some doublestacks in the store. I'm really digging the FDE 5" M&P 2.0, but everyone in the store wouldn't shut up about how much they love the Gen 5s and I have to grudgingly admit I did like the new 17.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Buy what you want, but remember that if you ask a barber if you need a haircut, you shouldn't be surprised he says yes.
The truth is that the "best" gun for you is the one you will practice with, full stop.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:44 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Double stack 1911 in 9mm.

Halla at ya boi.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Double stack 1911 in 9mm.

Halla at ya boi.

Funny you mention that, I actually just picked up a Colt Rail Gun in 9mm last Saturday. Surely I don't need a third 1911-pattern?

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next