Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 11 Outdoor Writers Compose Open Letter Regarding Gun Control 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A "open" letter sent by this group, The Outdoor Writers Assoc, proposes draconian gun control legislation.

One of the writers is a client of mine! Once I get paid, I'll be sure to have a talk with her about her stance.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/outdoo ... ent-216931

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri May 18, 2018 7:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I think 'Outdoors' type people, I think cat lady in a Subaru heading to REI.

They aren't gun people.

Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stokes wrote:
When I think 'Outdoors' type people, I think cat lady in a Subaru heading to REI.

They aren't gun people.

Funny you should say "cat lady".... my client, one of the writers, is kind of a "cat lady" (and two little yappie dogs that shiite all over her house. and she drives a little subcompact (not quite a Subaru)

She has several trophy mounts in her house including a full body mountain lion she bagged.

While her hunting skills are impressive they are diminished by this short sightedness.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Fri May 18, 2018 8:12 am

I remember about 20 years ago I was with my old man on a prairie dog safari back in his home state of South Dakota. I had just finished my first AR build, a bushmaster with a 24 inch barrel, Harris bipod, and a 6X40 scope, I still own it btw. This rifle’s only purpose in life was to shorten the lives of varmints, and it serves its purpose well. I was having beers back at my uncle’s farmhouse other ranchers and farmers were filing in and out since it was the 3:00 lull in the day where very little happens in July. My dad asked me to bring out my kit and show them what I built. One of them old dogs took one look at it and flat out told everyone that’s the reason why they want to ban guns. These are the salt of the earth types, the do the job till the jobs done types, the you ain’t nuthin till you butchered your own hogs and swapped out a cultivator on your international harvester by yourself kind of people. The ones who are supposedly on our side. I started with they want to ban all guns and this is no different than a 10/22 he and some others would have none of it. A couple years later I roll through that town again and it’s the type of town in South Dakota where it’s OK to have a gun rack with a gun in it hunting season or not, and what most I see are AR’s, so time changes some things I guess. Problem is, as long as gun owners are divided on AR’s we won’t win. These writers need to lose their jobs, Dicks needs to file for bankruptcy because they will win piece by piece. I am reminded by the famous saying about the holocaust: When they came for the Gypsys I didn’t say anything because I wasn’t a gypsy, when they came for the Jews I didn’t say anything because I wasn’t a Jew and when they finally came for me I looked around and there wasn’t anyone left to say anything about me.

Fri May 18, 2018 1:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just sent a lengthy email to one of the signers of the Open Letter. We'll see how it is received. I wonder if I'll get any more work from that client or referrals....

FJB

Fri May 18, 2018 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Met a retired 1SG that said nobody needs an AR/AK. Daughters BF caries a Gluck, and questions the need for an AR/AK. They are called FUDDS. I believe in the 2nd A, but.......

Sun May 20, 2018 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I sent a lengthy letter to my client, one of the signers of this Open Letter... I had inquired whether she would care to begin a discussion and she invited me to share my views with her...

I received a response from her that looks like it was penned by Senator Murray or Cantwell... "Thank you for sharing your views, Jim"

FJB

Sun May 20, 2018 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Outdoor Writers" could be more accurately defined as "Liberal tree huggers".

Mon May 21, 2018 7:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, it's an odd thing. This client is/was a trophy hunter. Has quite a few mounts of turkey, deer and a full mount mountain lion she bagged. But... she lives here in Libtardia and I guess it's rubbing off on her.
Fudd.

FJB

Mon May 21, 2018 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The usual list.......but just use this one as scope creep "Prohibit new sales of semiautomatic shotguns" when they say there NEVER is scope creep.

No compromise.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon May 21, 2018 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A large group of Elmer Fudds swinging SJW is called an ignorance of Fudds

Thu May 24, 2018 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]