Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:50 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The SIG P365 saga continues UPDATE 06/20/18 17:28 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From the moment Sig's new P365 became a blip on my radar, I knew I would eventually have to own one. I'm a sucker for these sub compact 9's. Never encountered one quite as elusive as the P365 has proven itself to be so when this opportunity knocked I had to seize the moment.

Got a good deal from a fellow Wagunner on this and now I'm aching to get it out to the range.

In a brief scan of the reviews on the web I've seen a few opinions that implied there were issues or problems with this pistol? These opinions were not specific though. Does anyone know of or have any insight regarding anything negative about the P365? I'm already totally infatuated with this pistol and all of the features of it that can be experienced by one without having actually shot the damn thing yet.

Anyone that has been wanting to give one of these a whirl is welcome to be my guest for an outing at the range. I'll supply the P365, 9mm ammo and the range if we can work out a day to get together. Shoot me a PM.

UPDATE RANGE REPORT 06/18/18 WITH PICTURES ON PAGE 2 OF THIS THREAD.

RETURN TO THE RANGE 06/20/18 REPORT AND RESULTS ON PAGE 3

Last edited by old11bravo on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are reportedly serious teething pains with the P365, by reliable and solid online reviewers and other forums.

Sig is making repairs but the problems can't be ignored.

* Broken MIM firing pins at about the 1000 round mark, reported by at least two of the larger online reviewers.
* FTF and FTE issues
* Light primer strikes and "dragging" firing pin on primers.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The main 2 issues that I've been hearing about are:

Firing pin breaking - Seems to be linked to dry firing?
Not going into full battery - This might be due to the size of the gun itself and the placement of your fingers/hand hitting the slide release.

Still waiting for it to become more readily available, hopefully it gives Sig enough time to work out those 2 issues. Other than that I've heard it's an amazing EDC.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:08 pm

I really wanted one when they came out. Reviews have put me off of it for now though.

-Firing Pin Drag
-Dead Triggers (trigger reset spring failure)
-Firing Pins breaking

Those seem to be the main ones.

I htink my real issue has been sigs response. Pretty much a "less than 1% of guns experience those issues" and yet you look at youtube and its full of reviewers having issues with them.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cripes! Ron and I sat in the parking lot of Moonshine BBQ dry firing that thing and testing the reset! How we didn't frack it up.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just watched this video by the MAC. Makes me want to go shoot it even more to see if mine exhibits any of the symptoms witnessed in his video. Either way I'm not too worried. I still really like the gun and I'm certain SIG will fix any issues that I may or may not encounter with mine as well as with the P365 model in general. I have my trusty Glock 43 to keep by my side until the P365 is deemed worthy for EDC. Until then I'll shoot the crap out of it at the range. My offer still stands for any takers to help me shoot it up at MRC.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:41 pm

old11bravo wrote:
I just watched this video by the MAC. Makes me want to go shoot it even more to see if mine exhibits any of the symptoms witnessed in his video. Either way I'm not too worried. I still really like the gun and I'm certain SIG will fix any issues that I may or may not encounter with mine as well as with the P365 model in general. I have my trusty Glock 43 to keep by my side until the P365 is deemed worthy for EDC. Until then I'll shoot the crap out of it at the range. My offer still stands for any takers to help me shoot it up at MRC.

Wish you werent so far away or id take ya up on that!

I do still like the gun, just hesitant to buy one right now. Once Sig admits it has a problem instead of just downplaying it. The P365 is already on a "gen2" (updates after initial release so not a true gen2 or anything)

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got 2 more waiting for me, i'm just waiting for a 500sw to come in to get my collection

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Held one today, they are indeed tiny. Liked the texturing too. No range report though...

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:01 pm

I have about 600 rounds thru mine no issues, have not checked for drag marks as MAC didn't release that video until after i shot it. Sig has released a statement regarding the issues in the sense of saying the guns are not faulty and only a certain percentage are having issues. Not quite sure what to think as reports are split people with 1000-3000 rounds with no issues and some with issues out of the box.

What I do know is regardless it is a keeper and hopefully Sig gets this squared away ASAP.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A lot of new guns have issues. I'll just wait a year for the bugs to get worked out.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:25 am

jl2105 wrote:
I have about 600 rounds thru mine no issues, have not checked for drag marks as MAC didn't release that video until after i shot it. Sig has released a statement regarding the issues in the sense of saying the guns are not faulty and only a certain percentage are having issues. Not quite sure what to think as reports are split people with 1000-3000 rounds with no issues and some with issues out of the box.

What I do know is regardless it is a keeper and hopefully Sig gets this squared away ASAP.

That's the problem though. The reports haven't been a "after 200 rounds" or anything. Mac had like 900 through his before it broke. Others have had 300.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't shot one yet. But I fingered Ron's gun icon_eek for a while. Felt good in the hand for such a tiny gun (your wife told me it was tiny, Ron. Now I believe her)

Only objection I had was the slightly recessed mag release. Do they make an extend-o version yet? Does it get easy to work? Using one hand and depressing the button, the ham of my hand would get in the way of the magazine since the gun is so small.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:01 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Damn! I really want to shoot one of these!

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:32 am

velillen wrote:
jl2105 wrote:

That's the problem though. The reports haven't been a "after 200 rounds" or anything. Mac had like 900 through his before it broke. Others have had 300.

I never said "200 rounds"?

But I agree problems have been wide spread from breaking with no rounds fired and dry firing to breaking at like 900 like MAC. But I have also seen reports with people stating they have 2000-3000 rounds thru it still running fine. Only time will tell when more people get more rounds down range and more guns start breaking or not breaking. Hoping I may be up to 1000 myself in about a week or 2 so we shall see how mine holds up.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next