Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:12 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The SIG P365 saga continues UPDATE 06/20/18 17:28 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Damn! I really want to shoot one of these!

Really Mike?!? What do I have to do, send a limo over to pick you up?

old11bravo wrote:

Anyone that has been wanting to give one of these a whirl is welcome to be my guest for an outing at the range. I'll supply the P365, 9mm ammo and the range if we can work out a day to get together. Shoot me a PM.

I'm currently working another double today, a mandatory double that is. This seems to be the trend the past few weeks and I'm not liking the way it's cutting into my range time. I still managed to get up there three days last week though. We just need to pick a day. I can't get mandatoried on Monday or Tuesday (days off) so we just need to pick a day. No arm twisting necessary. I usually begin my weekends Sunday mornings when/if I'm properly relieved. Sunday is one of my favorite days to shoot if I don't get hit for mandatory overtime.

Anyway, I picked this lil gem up on Tuesday and I have yet to get a single round through the pipe. I hear it beckon to me when I'm trying to sleep (yes I do sleep sometimes). Despite the negative opinions and aspects of the P365 that have been pointed out in this thread, I am still elated to own this gun and I remain very optimistic about it's performance and potential. There is nothing wrong with the P365 that can't be fixed, either by SIG or by myself if need be. It's an innovative sub-compact that looks and feels great in the hands. What it really needs now is a range report.

Pick a day and let's do this thing!! I got the gun, the ammo and the range to shoot it on. Let's go.

EDIT: Mine has a "born on" date of April 2018 so I think I may have one of the later manufactures less the issues pointed out by the MAC channel on Youtube. Fingers crossed.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:18 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Find someone to watch my kid, run my business, and handle all the work buying/selling a house for me. Then I should be able to make it out to the range.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Find someone to watch my kid, run my business, and handle all the work buying/selling a house for me. Then I should be able to make it out to the range.

Jukk0o would probably cover down for you. He's good at changing diapers.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:49 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

old11bravo wrote:
sinus211 wrote:

Jukk0o would probably cover down for you. He's good at changing diapers.

Well sure, his own. But does he have any experience with babies?

Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bravo where do you shoot? I’d love to take you up on that offer I’ve been interested in that pistol but the reviews have made me weary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Leary or wary. pick one.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MyNameIs940 wrote:
Bravo where do you shoot? I’d love to take you up on that offer I’ve been interested in that pistol but the reviews have made me weary

Marysville Rifle Club (The physical address is actually Arlington though).

1601 Lakewood Road
Arlington, WA. 98223

I usually get up there a few times a week.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
MyNameIs940 wrote:

Marysville Rifle Club (The physical address is actually Arlington though).

1601 Lakewood Road
Arlington, WA. 98223

I usually get up there a few times a week.

Go up on weekends at all? I work pretty much 60 hours a week in the summer mon-sat (Saturday’s are short days) so cant make it during the week. I’m in kirkland planning on heading to west coast armory north this weekend

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
... I usually begin my weekends Sunday mornings when/if I'm properly relieved. Sunday is one of my favorite days to shoot if I don't get hit for mandatory overtime....

um

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
old11bravo wrote:
... I usually begin my weekends Sunday mornings when/if I'm properly relieved. Sunday is one of my favorite days to shoot if I don't get hit for mandatory overtime....

um

Oh sweet! Didn’t see where he posted that.

if you’re able to on Sunday bravo I’d love to tag along! I got some 9 rounds as well so I don’t feel like a mooch, all 2 of my non-rifle chambered pistols are 9s

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MyNameIs940 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
old11bravo wrote:

um

if you’re able to on Sunday bravo I’d love to tag along! I got some 9 rounds as well so I don’t feel like a mooch, all 2 of my non-rifle chambered pistols are 9s

I'll PM you soon. Sunday's are good.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
MyNameIs940 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
old11bravo wrote:

um

I'll PM you soon. Sunday's are good.

Awesome sounds good, thank you bravo.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I got the Sig P365 out for a run. I put 150 rounds of 124gr Speer Lawman through it.

I’m really liking the gun for what it is, but it does have one problem. I’m guessing my P365 is the “2nd Gen” only because it has a manufacture date of April 2018 and the newer night sights.

I did not experience any of the usual problems owners complained about with the P365 except for the striker pin drag marks on the primers of all my expended brass. No failures to go in to battery whatsoever or broken striker pin so far though. Hopefully my P365 has an upgraded striker pin to prevent it from breaking. See below.

The problem I did have was probably 10-12 failure to eject (FTE) malfunctions throughout the course of the 150 rounds I fired. It was more than enough to irritate me. The round would be spent (see the striker pin marks below) but the casing would not always extract. Sometimes, as in the picture below, the casing would partially extract and other times it would remain perfectly seated in the chamber. I could clear it and continue shooting until the next FTE would occur.

So if somebody can, please tell me what will cause FTE problems. I’ve already googled it and there does not seem to be a lot of things that cause this. As seen in the pictures below, my extractor looks pretty good. I did see a minor blemish in the chanmber of the barrel but I’m not sure this would be significant enough to cause an FTE. Is it the extractor spring then? When this happens, is the extractor spring to stiff or too loose? Do I just need to break it in to loosen the extractor spring a little?

I’d love to hear your ideas, even if it’s just to say, “send it back to SIG”. Educational comments preferred but I have thick skin so have at me.

Last edited by old11bravo on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well you have at least two known and widely reported issues. Guns are supposed to eject reliably and not primer strike drag.

The good news is that Sig is supposedly fixing this stuff. I'd absolutely call them, get a prepaid tag, and send it in.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

well it is speer ammo. i get striker slide on my shield and m&p 2.0

no issue with that

try other ammo and see if you get fte

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next