Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cerakote, when is too far? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All great advise/opinions. I deff fall in line with most of you...... classic old stays the way it is or gets “cleaned up” at best. Newer firearms deff have no limits.

So let’s get specific. I have a Polytech Spiker AK. God it’s beautiful. And in mint shape. MAN id really love to give it my personal touch!! Obviously (I assume) once I do the value drops!! A LOT!! But I’m not in it to sell or make money so who cares rite??

Last edited by Acpguy on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Acpguy wrote:
Obviously (I assume) once I do the value drops!!

Yes, it absolutely will.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:59 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Honestly, as someone coating and refinishing for 8+ years now, I look at it like this. If you’re a paying customer I’ll do whatever you pay me to do. The only place I draw the line are bright blues that may be confused for sim items or orange muzzle devices.

Outside of that, it’s not my job to stop people from ruining their own property.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike_P wrote:
The only place I draw the line are bright blues that may be confused for sim items or orange muzzle devices. .

Lol, love my blue AR, and my blue 1911!!! Did an all orange/Black Ar as well. flash hider ended up orange. I get it but I’m the only one who shoots it, pretty sure I’m not gona mistake it for a toy.

PLUS..... now I can carry that AR while I chaperone the kids trick or treating and the reactions are far more favorable than your standard “scary black rifle” . I get tons of “wow that almost looks real” from the adults and kids who say “it can’t be real,look at the orange tip!!”

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Acpguy wrote:
All great advise/opinions. I deff fall in line with most of you...... classic old stays the way it is or gets “cleaned up” at best. Newer firearms deff have no limits.

So let’s get specific. I have a Polytech Spiker AK. God it’s beautiful. And in mint shape. MAN id really love to give it my personal touch!! Obviously (I assume) once I do the value drops!! A LOT!! But I’m not in it to sell or make money so who cares rite??

You're right: your gun/your choice...

but, and this comes from me, the house Sino-phobe: don't. Just...no.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[/quote]

You're right: your gun/your choice...

but, and this comes from me, the house Sino-phobe: don't. Just...no.[/quote]

Lmao!!

Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Acpguy wrote:
Mike_P wrote:
The only place I draw the line are bright blues that may be confused for sim items or orange muzzle devices. .

Lol, love my blue AR, and my blue 1911!!! Did an all orange/Black Ar as well. flash hider ended up orange. I get it but I’m the only one who shoots it, pretty sure I’m not gona mistake it for a toy.

PLUS..... now I can carry that AR while I chaperone the kids trick or treating and the reactions are far more favorable than your standard “scary black rifle” . I get tons of “wow that almost looks real” from the adults and kids who say “it can’t be real,look at the orange tip!!”

You saw my nerf gun I think. Trust me, I get it. :wink05:

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike_P wrote:
Acpguy wrote:
Mike_P wrote:

You saw my nerf gun I think. Trust me, I get it. :wink05:

That’s rite!! My son still asks me when we can make his AR look like his nerf gun , after he heard you call it that he was sold!!

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:25 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My Lugers, Mausers, M1 carbine, some mosins, P17's, 03A3 and family Civil War muskets(used by wifes family) will never see a "restoration" of any sorts.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2