Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 VFG Weapons Care System 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Came across an interesting gun cleaning product today on the Internet:
VFG WeaponCare
http://www.waffenpflege.de/en/home.html

Developed in Germany, the system consists of a cleaning rod adapter used to carry 'pellets' comprised of either felt (standard) or felt embedded with brass fibres (aggressive). The pellets can be used to carry cleaning solvents or lubricants/preservatives into the bore.

Currently Brownells and Buffalo Arms carry the products. Interesting concept though expensive compared to use of more traditional brushes followed by jag/patch.
https://www.brownells.com/gun-cleaning-chemicals/patches-mops/cleaning-pellets/weapons-care-system-pellets-prod13839.aspx
https://www.buffaloarms.com/gun-cleaning-supplies/vfg-weapons-care/vfg-rifle-wool-cleaning-pellets

Is anyone on the forum currently using this system?

Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have them in a few calibers. They work really well to apply JB, and, they do clean pretty well. There are two different grits, plus just the mops. One thing I like about them is you can "scrunch" them up a little if you don't have the correct caliber available and they seem to work pretty well when you do so.

They aren't a wonder product, just another tool in my expansive arsenal of cleaning crap. If I think it might make cleaning easier/better, I try it!

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Rodell. I was looking through their website a bit more this morning. They have product lines tailored to air gun, revolvers/pistols, rifles, and even shotguns.

The shotgun system looks pretty interesting. The superabrasive felts could allow for removal of plastic hull residue left in the bore as needed.
The revolver system also has oversize felts for the cylinder charge holes which is pretty cool.

Thinking just to pick up one of the small packs of regular and superintensive felts for evaluation at first for use on my 357 and 9mm handguns.
In practice, how many felt patches do you typically run through in a cleaning session?

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know is the only answer! I typically don't use them exclusively, but as one step or another.

I think the shotgun ones would be outstanding, but I've never ordered them. I got mine from Brownell's.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]