Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Night vision scope 

Does anyone have any personnel experience using reasonably price night vision scopes? Looking at them for hunting coyote. Internet has the reviews but they aren't from western Washington where it's cloudy and less starlight

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A long time friend has one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATN-X-Sight-II ... SwU91aejU7
He uses it a lot on rats and it works very well for him during daylight and at night. Takes very good videos for a 1080P unit.
ATN is coming out with a 4K unit and has sold them but the software has issues per my friend and many others.
He bought one from B & H photo and was so unhappy he returned it. I am contacting him now about what forum this is discussed on.
Found it:
http://atnsmarthd.proboards.com/ (they don't have a dedicated thread for the 4k but do discuss it under X Sight II. Also do a search for 4k pro).
https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/atn-x-sight-4k-pro/

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the ATN x sight II HD and like it a lot. It has some cool features. I did change the infrared to one with better range. If your buying one I would recommend buying it from Amazon. If you have a problem you can return it easy. Don’t use any other batteries than lithium. You can buy some and a charger off amazon. Some guys like the extra battery pack from atn. It’s $100 but most claim it’s worth the extra run time.

I watched a lot of YouTube vids and read a lot of reviews before I made my choice. I would recommend doing the same.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a pvs4 back in 04 and I really liked it. big though

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a well written thread here somewhere about NV scopes by BadClam.
He has a lot of experience with them.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem with that old topic is that it appears to be about head mount night Vision, not scopes.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Some guys like the extra battery pack from atn. It’s $100 but most claim it’s worth the extra run time."
My friend uses one from Amazon like these Portable Power Banks and gets a lot of run time.
https://www.amazon.com/external-cell-ph ... 7073960011

Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

metrotps wrote:
A long time friend has one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATN-X-Sight-II ... SwU91aejU7
He uses it a lot on rats and it works very well for him during daylight and at night. Takes very good videos for a 1080P unit.
ATN is coming out with a 4K unit and has sold them but the software has issues per my friend and many others.
He bought one from B & H photo and was so unhappy he returned it. I am contacting him now about what forum this is discussed on.
Found it:
http://atnsmarthd.proboards.com/ (they don't have a dedicated thread for the 4k but do discuss it under X Sight II. Also do a search for 4k pro).
https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/atn-x-sight-4k-pro/

Well, nuts, I didn't really need to buy something else right now. But that looks pretty good and might sit really well on one of my suppressed/subsonic big bore ARs. Thanks, I guess? :thumbsup2:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have an ATN Xsight II and it works but if I can save your pennies get a thermal. I'm running a Pulsar Trail XQ38 and nothing hides from it at night.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd love to go with a thermal, but there's a big difference between $450 night vision and $3500 thermal, for what is essentially a toy. If I used it for work or something else serious, that would be a different story.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:48 pm

I went with the atn x sight. I'm liking it. Also got the external battery. I get a 3" grouping at 200 yards. Also went with a larger illuminator. I can see in pitch dark to 200 yards probably farther. I only need it for 200 yards so it's perfect for me

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree with the amazon approach, also Cabela's sometimes has specials where they include the battery pack or some other accessory. They have a 90 day return, just keep receipt, and box. I had the ATN Gen 1, and returned it on day 89. Everytime I took a shot it shut down, and I love gadgets.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]