Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 WIRED article on DIY guns 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Writer can't hide his disdain for "lethal weapons," but does a good job of explaining the political and scientific aspects and where they collide. tl;dr version: DIY gun plans are, after a legal settlement with the Feds, generally legal to distribute online, and it's fairly easy to make your own, which just means technology is moving faster than regulation (and guns are bad).

https://www.wired.com/story/a-landmark- ... -diy-guns/

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah how did that garbage the writer wrote get past an editor. But then again what else is new.
I also had to laugh when its so clear he was appalled at the blurring of the lines in the constitution. So let's see. in 1973 the Supreme court decided to make up a law and decide Abortion must be legal. Even when there is absolutely nothing in the US about that so called right. The party this writer belongs too has been blurring the edges forever to get what they want!
One more example of the Pot call the Kettle.... See it all the time these days!

Had to find the most unappealing picture as well. Somehow the press still doesn't get why for the most part most of us disdain and ridicule the press.
I can see in the near future be a so called journalist having the same kind of jokes that we used to make of lawyers.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The DOJ settles lawsuit over gun cad files. Defcad.com Cody Wilson. I noted a lot of anti gun bias in the article, but maybe that's my pro gun bias. I really liked the part about him building a library to get access to build specs for all military guns.

https://www.wired.com/story/a-landmark-legal-shift-opens-pandoras-box-for-diy-guns/

Forgive if this is old news. I didn't see a date of the settlement and haven't heard about this settlement before.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

uh no, not your perception....the author is solidly hoplophobic

"before a political party with no will to rein in America’s gun death epidemic held control of Congress, the White House, and likely soon the Supreme Court"

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
uh no, not your perception....the author is solidly hoplophobic

"before a political party with no will to rein in America’s gun death epidemic held control of Congress, the White House, and likely soon the Supreme Court"

It gets even better.

This is new news, btw. This just happened.

Last edited by gscott on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Threads merged.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Scientists are using journalists for experiments now. They’ve found out there are some things rats won’t do.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:21 pm

The feds just realized the cats out of the bag now. We all just need 3D printers and a small Cnc machine and we can have our own little gun factory. Kind of reminds me of the days before Israel became a nation when Jews in their kibbutz settlements were cranking out stens in people’s basements. All under the noses of the newly minted United Nations. I trust we all see the similarities here?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
The feds just realized the cats out of the bag now. We all just need 3D printers and a small Cnc machine and we can have our own little gun factory. Kind of reminds me of the days before Israel became a nation when Jews in their kibbutz settlements were cranking out stens in people’s basements. All under the noses of the newly minted United Nations. I trust we all see the similarities here?

It's all fun and games until someone in the U.S. gets caught with a SMG he built in his basement with plans he found online. Then we'll see liberal heads exploding and calling for "moar lawz." Not that they stopped the criminals in the first place.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]