Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Taurus quietly drops lifetime and transferable warranties! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few months ago, Taurus very quietly dropped their lifetime warranty for new guns produced after January 2017, and the warranty is no longer transferable!

Taurus website is down.

It appears old warranties are still lifetime pre-1/2017. But keep this in mind for NEW Taurus purchases. 1 year and not transferable.

The ONLY saving grace to a Taurus (even a "used" new one) was that warranty (in spite of how difficult it is to use). Now that is gone on new guns, there's no way I'd risk buying one. I see this decision as probably the death of the company.

Last edited by leadcounsel on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kind of old news, especially after they had to recall nearly a million guns, the writing was on the wall....

Here's one of many places discussing it:

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/de ... ranty.html

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But Chuck tells us all the time about how awesome it is dealing with Taurus. This doesn't make sense.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guess I'll end my search for a Rossi M92 in .454 Casull.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

It wasnt the price of the replacement parts that killed the deal....it was the shipping.

:ROFLMAO:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:30 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

WaJim wrote:
It wasnt the price of the replacement parts that killed the deal....it was the shipping.

:ROFLMAO:

Ya, I had the same problem with a SS bob hammer Taurus Model 85 .38 SW copy.
Firing pin spring broke and you could only fire it up in the air or the firing pin would hang on the cartridges.

Wasn't worth the cost to send it in for repairs.
So I sold it to a guy at the gun show who sold me a broken gun before without telling me.
Figure I should return the favor.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Boy do I have a deal for YOU!!

Shit Sammiches!

Garrunteed to taste great, or ill send you another one for FREE!! Act fast! With aa garroontee like that how can you go wrong?

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Their customer service has gone to hell in the last year. At one time you could send any Rossi/ Taurus firearm to their service center in Miami and get it repaired. No longer. They wont even tell you whether they CAN repair it or not. POS company= POS service after the sale.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would ever want to own another one, let alone buy a new Taurus.

Been there, done that. No thanks.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
But Chuck tells us all the time about how awesome it is dealing with Taurus. This doesn't make sense.

Well shit happens. They treated me very well in the past. I guess they are trying to be like Kimber, and Glock with the one year warranty.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know a guy who owns a recall affected Millennium Pro. Thing actually runs flawlessly. He's not interest in a gen 2, wanted to try and get a new revolver for it, but probably stick with it now

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been dealing with Taurus for a month now and I can't get a simple grip screw. I've ordered a grip screw 3 times now. The first two times they've sent me a screw designed for the stupid hammer lock key. Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll probably end up ordering it off eBay or Gunbroker instead.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup, that's it for me and Taurus. Can't recommend them any longer. New or old.

Too many problems and headaches and the worst CS in the industry. They drop popular models without warning, their repair/return is absurd, they designed defects and then really screwed over owners on the options and were misleading (there was no repair available), and now dropping the lifetime warranty (the only reason to buy with any sense of trust/faith).

By comparison, I've had to return a handful of guns or get parts for warranty/recall (MSAR, CZ, FN, SW, and Keltec). In each case it was trouble free, paid shipping both ways, and returned completed in a month or less.

I previously could at least recommend their older stuff, but now I'm not even sure the company will be around in 5 years. This change signals real financial trouble.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]