Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Does your wife carry? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I could never be compatible with an anti-gun woman. Total deal breaker. I've broken it off with a number of high caliber female companions when I learned of their unmoving hatred for guns, or their voting for Obama... lol.

In addition to the obvious household conflicts about possessing and storing and carrying, I'd worry that guns would be used against me in legal actions (fake allegations of whatever as a form of judicial assault on my rights).

I also view guns as a barometric for other issues of autonomy, independence, freedoms, history, and simple coolness...

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Wife carries a S&W Mod 36 Chief's Special 2" snubby in a tactical purse, when she's not going to work.

And when she's going to work, she carries a .50bmg? :wink05: :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:

They have armed security in her building at the UW Eye institute. Not sure if they have metal detectors....
She used to take the train,arrive at King Street station and then walk up James to work, not anymore, liberal backwash now populates the sidewalks. She drives to work and parks in the basement of the building.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:30 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

leadcounsel wrote:
I could never be compatible with an anti-gun woman. Total deal breaker. I've broken it off with a number of high caliber female companions when I learned of their unmoving hatred for guns, or their voting for Obama... lol.

In addition to the obvious household conflicts about possessing and storing and carrying, I'd worry that guns would be used against me in legal actions (fake allegations of whatever as a form of judicial assault on my rights).

I also view guns as a barometric for other issues of autonomy, independence, freedoms, history, and simple coolness...

We were married for 13 years before I got into guns, so there's no going back now! And really, my wife isn't truly "anti" gun, she just doesn't like them herself. But she's very Libertarian and doesn't want them banned or anything.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RACK??? My wife shoots a Sig P238. It is super easy to rack. (breech block system vs. blowback recoil?)

She has weaker, pre-arthritic hands and while she loves shooting my 9mm, she can't rack it. We believe that if you can't rack a gun, you shouldn't carry that one. OTOH, she can rack that sweet little Sig just fine and the 6 pound trigger is very manageable. It's easy to shoot, small enough to conceal pretty easily and she can shoot 50-75 rounds before her hands start to hurt.

My wife was originally Anti-Gun. While we've been shooting pistols for a while, she finally tried and enjoyed shooting the AR a few weeks ago. They can be fixed! It just takes time and a gentle touch.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jack wrote:
RACK??? My wife shoots a Sig P238. It is super easy to rack. (breech block system vs. blowback recoil?)

She has weaker, pre-arthritic hands and while she loves shooting my 9mm, she can't rack it. We believe that if you can't rack a gun, you shouldn't carry that one. OTOH, she can rack that sweet little Sig just fine and the 6 pound trigger is very manageable. It's easy to shoot, small enough to conceal pretty easily and she can shoot 50-75 rounds before her hands start to hurt.

My wife was originally Anti-Gun. While we've been shooting pistols for a while, she finally tried and enjoyed shooting the AR a few weeks ago. They can be fixed! It just takes time and a gentle touch.

Yep, this!! I’m a 1911 NUT and owns quite a few. My wife was very comfortable with the ergonomics of the platform when she finally decided to start carrying. So now she carries a sig 238/938 depending on the day or the purse she carries. Very easy to manipulate the slide and shoot.! Deff a great pistol!

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
My wife is in the process of getting her CPL. Mostly because if I had my gun on me, put it under the seat for X reason and she drives the vehicle I don't want her to get pinched. I take it off and put it in her purse, or some scenario along those lines. Well I'm also thinking of getting her her own lead slinger to go with the card granting her rights she should already have as per the constitution. She likes my XDs, and her mother's Lady S&W in .38 spl. What do the women in your life carry, or prefer to shoot? I know the best thing is to go to a range and let her sample and find what works best. But having a few in mind might help narrow things down from the start. I would prefer to keep it in 9mm so I'm not having to buy another type of ammo. Trying to simplify the ammo box.

I've thought about getting another XDs and having it coated in a color of her choice. Would save on mags, as I already have a bunch. Plus she liked it and shot pretty well with it.

Just trying to see what others are doing.

For ladies and all new shooters, to carry on daily bases, I always recommend 638. It’s very concealable DA/SA, lightweight, with a great option of shrouded hammer, so in the critical situation she can shoot it right trough the pocket. She will not have to deal with manual safety or to rack the slide when her tender hands are shaking.
Another benefit of a wheel gun is all shot shells stay in the cylinder. Moreover, there is no crime lab in the country that does ballistics on snub-nosed revolvers.
Not the best choice for plinking due to its noticeable kick, though.
Also, 638 looks and feels so great.
MHO

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:13 am

My wife carries when we go to Yakima but other than that not so much. When she does shield 9mm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:35 pm

She carries daily a full size beretta 92fs in a belly band holster. She's just as accurate as I am with that pistol.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3