Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 City of Seattle Proposed Rule Making for Safe Gun Storage 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is a link to the requirements and contact info to submit contacts for the City of Seattle proposed rules for Safe Gun Storage.

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2018/09/13/lockbox/
Text of the requirements:
A gun safe that is able to fully contain firearms and provide for their secure storage, and is certified to/listed as meeting Underwriters Laboratories Residential Security Container rating standards by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL); and/or
A gun safe that meets all of the following standards:
Shall be able to fully contain firearms and provide for their secure storage.
Shall have a locking system consisting of at minimum a mechanical or electronic combination lock. The mechanical or electronic combination lock utilized by the safe shall have at least 10,000 possible combinations consisting of a minimum three numbers, letters, or symbols. The lock shall be protected by a case hardened (Rc 60+) drill resistant steel plate, or drill resistant material of equivalent strength.
Boltwork shall consist of a minimum of three steel locking bolts of at least 1/2-inch thickness that intrude from the door of the safe into the body of the safe or from the body of the safe into the door of the safe, which are operated by a separate handle and secured by the lock.
A gun safe shall be capable of repeated use. The exterior walls shall be constructed of a minimum 12-gauge thick steel for a single walled safe, or the sum of the steel walls shall add up to at least 0.100 inches for safes with two walls. Doors shall be constructed of a minimum one layer of 7-gauge steel plate reinforced construction or at least two layers of a minimum 12-gauge steel compound construction.
Door hinges shall be protected to prevent the removal of the door. Protective features include, but are not limited to: hinges not exposed to the outside, interlocking door designs, dead bars, jeweler’s lugs and active or inactive locking bolts.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:13 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

In other words, if you can't afford a fancy safe or live in your car, you can't own a gun. Another restriction on a right!

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought hinges didn't have anything to do with the ability (or inability) to enter a locked safe?

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

someone should file a FOI req for who gave them those sepcs...

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gun gets stolen out of safe you have had for years. You get charged because even though you had a safe it was not on their list of approved safes.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
I thought hinges didn't have anything to do with the ability (or inability) to enter a locked safe?

They don't. If the safe has active bolts it wouldn't matter if you cut the hinges off...it won't open.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think guns should be locked up unless your shooting it or packing it.

A gun is like a wiener. If your using it, that's fine, but otherwise put it away. Don't leave you wiener laying around for others to see.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:

A gun is like a wiener. If your using it, that's fine, but otherwise put it away. Don't leave you wiener laying around for others to see.

Well said. I get a rise out of a good penis analogy.

Divided we fall.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

Great analogy. If I'm at home i can walk around with my dick out all I want. Don't like it? Well you're​ not invited over anyway.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

Great analogy. If I'm at home i can walk around with my dick out all I want. Don't like it? Well you're​ not invited over anyway.

Those guys are just looking forward to the 2AM cock check. Face arrest if that toothpick is hanging out, and the bigger and the burlier guy that hand checks, the better.

No thanks guys. Don't sign me up.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This excludes pretty much every gun safe made.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:

disagree not the same at all, if i need my flute at the drop off a hat its ready for action i don't have to go dig it out of the safe

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

Do you leave your wiener laying around while the kids are playing? What about when the neighbors kids are over? What about ?????

If Im sleeping, I have a well stocked piece and extra mags on my night stand. If im not sleeping, its ON MY PERSON.

Not laying on the counter, not sitting next to the couch, not over there,,,,,on and on,,,, on and on.

If Im not home the shit is all locked up.

There is no "gun in a corner" for little jimmy next door to find when he prowls the house looking for nudy mags and liquor bottles to steal before he graduates to chainsaws and cars to steal.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PAPISJEEP wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

disagree not the same at all, if i need my flute at the drop off a hat its ready for action i don't have to go dig it out of the safe

Thats great! Is it on your person, or laying around where others have access to it?

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

Only you wood come up with such response!

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next