Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:50 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 handgun storage in my safe 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I need a better solution for storing pistols in my rifle safe. I am looking at those pouch things that mount to the inside of the door and allow you to keep a handgun in them. Anybody use these? I'm skeptical about their ability to hold up the heavier handguns safely and wanted to see if any of you who do or have used them could give me some feedback. Good option or no?

Another option I was looking at for my door was one of those big webbing panels that allow you to mount standard MOLLE equipment to.

I thought about the door panels that you buy that hang on/screw into the door, but haven't really found one that like, that will actually fit my safe (Brahma D-40)

I do have a 6-slot pistol rack in my safe, but I store some of my mags in there on the shelf as well and it's getting awful cramped :)

FYI, this is the safe I have to get a better idea of what i'm working with:

Thanks in advance for any input.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:51 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have a door organizer from Liberty (NW Safe). That holds all sorts of stuff well. Guns, loaded mags, documents etc.

They have them for all sorts of door sizes: https://nwsafe.com/accessory-accessory- ... pg-53.html

Mine is like this, but actual mag holders instead of the mesh. My panel is designed for my specific safe.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Also, to add. Make sure your safe door & shelving can accommodate a panel system. Some doors will close flush to the front of the shelving. Your panel/layout may make the door too thick and keep it from closing.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a "holster" that's designed to attach itself with Velcro to the inside my man-purse (Maxpedition knock-off), also found a similarly attaching three magazine holder. It'll easily attach to the interior of my safe and holds a fully loaded 1911 quite securely. The only hassle was positioning it so it wouldn't hit the rest of the stuff inside the safe (mine's a little 14 rifle (hah!) safe). The holster is very configurable to fit many sizes of hand gun. If you're interested, I'll find the exact model for you.

Here's the holster: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Z ... UTF8&psc=1
And here's the magazine holder: https://www.amazon.com/Maxpedition-MX35 ... RBGPN5HAZK

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like those door organizers for stuff but not pistols.

I use a plastic coated wire rack for 6 of them, and those Z-shaped handgun hangers that slide on to a shelf that you stick the barrel in for about 6 more. Not my pics.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:

I use a plastic coated wire rack for 6 of them, and those Z-shaped handgun hangers that slide on to a shelf that you stick the barrel in for about 6 more. Not my pics.

I like the z hangers a lot.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I seen some kinda cool magnets for pistols. Just stick the gun to the door or ceiling.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:53 am

I also have a Liberty door pocket panel similar to what Massive posted. Has held several steel full size 1911's, Sigs and others for years now with no issues or sagging of the individual pockets. The document pocket is stuffed too, no sag. If I were to nitpick, the only issue is with my Les Baer, the front sight can snag the bottom of the pocket when pulling it out if I don't angle it just right. The sight is just tall and square enough to catch it.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got an 8 pack of the Z hangers at Amazon. If the gun has an optic it will take more room since the gun has to go on the hanger gangster style (sideways).

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Duke EB wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:

Huh, They make Z hangers for Garrands?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Duke EB wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:

Huh, They make Z hangers for Garrands?

It's a really big Z :ROFLMAO: :thumbsup2:

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use the HySkore pistol racks on multiple shelves. The density is the greatest of anything else except the "Z" racks (which I also use).

http://hyskore.com/products/30277-6-gun ... stol-rack/

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:

I have one of these and while I like it, shelf space has become quite limited. Those things that hang the pistols under the shelf are kind of nice, but i would rather secure it to the bottom of the shelf than have it they are.

I will probably look at one of those door organizers. My door does close pretty close to the edge of the lower dividers and shelf edges I may need one that is designed for my safe.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:01 pm

I used velcro and the Maxpedition sneak model 3535 velcro handgun holders. They work well except I found that they occasionally hang on weapon mounted lights (TLR-1 HL or X300), or on tall front suppressor sights.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rodell wrote:
I use the HySkore pistol racks on multiple shelves. The density is the greatest of anything else except the "Z" racks (which I also use).

http://hyskore.com/products/30277-6-gun ... stol-rack/

there are certain back pack/range bags with a bottom pocket that fits this perfectly. take the whole thing out of safe then slide in bag and go.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next